PDA

View Full Version : Jobs??????

TWISTED DINLI
10-28-2007, 02:00 PM
i'm 14. what are some ways to make some good money other than mowing yards, and shoveling snow in the winter time, because i am going to buy this nitro truck from this guy and its $280. i cant pass this up because its like an $800 truck. sooooo what do u guys do to make money?

ingleful
10-28-2007, 02:09 PM
when i was 14 i was washing dishes at a resturaunt:ermm:

troyleepred719
10-28-2007, 02:58 PM
why dont you work out a payment plan with him, or see if he has anything to do for him that you could work part of it off, its very hard to get any money when you are that young, but it will come for you.

TWISTED DINLI
10-28-2007, 02:59 PM
ok. i know a place where i probly could do that. i just thoight of racking leaves when they fall in town in my old neiborhood.

TWISTED DINLI
10-28-2007, 03:01 PM
Originally posted by troyleepred719
why dont you work out a payment plan with him, or see if he has anything to do for him that you could work part of it off, its very hard to get any money when you are that young, but it will come for you.

i never even thought about that. i will hopefully see him next weekend again when i go back to the rc track and i will talk to him about that.

anymore anyone?????

Kickstarts-suck
10-28-2007, 03:03 PM
If you don't have alot of money I wouldn't get into a nitro truck Even the electrics are big money pits.

TWISTED DINLI
10-28-2007, 03:39 PM
well i already have one and i am already "in" the sport. but after i drove my 2wd truck on the track a couple of times i noticed that it doesnt turn/handle as good as the 4wd trucks. so when i drove this guy's 4wd truck it handles A LOT better than mine. so thats when he told me its for sale if i want to buy it.

kawiefan
10-28-2007, 04:08 PM
im 14 too. its dam hard to get a job at this age. im landing a job this spring at our local track raking and watering it.

as for getting the money now do anything that pays

tman12345
10-28-2007, 05:01 PM
i had a paper route when i was 14 (two years ago)

mine
10-28-2007, 05:35 PM
Twisted Dinli, you should read crrich's signiture

"Long sigs are a waste, please keep them short, we don't need to know what quad your buddy, dad, brother, mother, aunt, uncle, and the neighbors cat is riding, or the mods that they have, want, have ordered, looked at, thought about or sold. "

:)

TWISTED DINLI
10-28-2007, 05:49 PM
i changed it u happy now? lol:)

07250ex
10-28-2007, 05:51 PM
Originally posted by mine
Twisted Dinli, you should read crrich's signiture

"Long sigs are a waste, please keep them short, we don't need to know what quad your buddy, dad, brother, mother, aunt, uncle, and the neighbors cat is riding, or the mods that they have, want, have ordered, looked at, thought about or sold. "

:)

why do u guys care ... ive seen much longer sigs anyways

TWISTED DINLI
10-28-2007, 05:53 PM
Originally posted by 07250ex
why do u guys care ... ive seen much longer sigs anyways

yea really why do u care. u dont have to read it if it looks too long for u to read. :)

Badmammajamma
10-28-2007, 08:14 PM
You know what I like? The fact that you're only 14 and trying to make your own money:) . You gotta work hard to play hard.

What kind of truck is it? A revo? Tmaxx?

07250ex
10-28-2007, 08:22 PM
Originally posted by Badmammajamma
You know what I like? The fact that you're only 14 and trying to make your own money:) . You gotta work hard to play hard.

What kind of truck is it? A revo? Tmaxx?

i respect it as well because seeing as hes attempting to make money it shows hes not lazy and that mommy and daddy dont buy him everything as well

54warrior
10-29-2007, 08:08 AM
Originally posted by TWISTED DINLI
yea really why do u care. u dont have to read it if it looks too long for u to read. :)

You can go in the user settings somehow and disable the signatures. I did that a long time ago, because I've never been on a board with so many signatures that are way too long. Some of them are completely ridiculous. With that simple change, I don't even see the sigs any more.

ingleful
10-29-2007, 02:15 PM
Originally posted by 54warrior
You can go in the user settings somehow and disable the signatures. I did that a long time ago, because I've never been on a board with so many signatures that are way too long. Some of them are completely ridiculous. With that simple change, I don't even see the sigs any more.

can you see your own sig?

Ghost-Rider
10-29-2007, 02:41 PM
Originally posted by TWISTED DINLI

Un-needed loading and scrolling, especially if your on dial up like i was last year.

That400exGuy
10-29-2007, 02:41 PM
im 13 myself and got a job at a local marina! my dad owns a mechanic shop there so thats good.. we've had boats there for years so i feel right at home.

-Zak

mod440ex
10-29-2007, 03:54 PM
i had to work with my dad at his small engine shop since i was probably 10 till i was 20. payed good and i learned alot about engines 2 stroke and 4 stroke. it also gave me a great work ethic.

07250ex
10-29-2007, 04:01 PM
Originally posted by Ghost-Rider
Un-needed loading and scrolling, especially if your on dial up like i was last year.

thats stinks ... i have highspeed anyways lol

Ghost-Rider
10-29-2007, 04:11 PM
Originally posted by 07250ex
thats stinks ... i have highspeed anyways lol

I have satellite now. But let me tell you, wildblue sucks.

Toadz400
10-29-2007, 07:16 PM
Originally posted by 54warrior

That's what I did. It does get annoying though when you're trying to help someone with a set up and they say "check in sig" for their mods. You ask them their mods and they say check in their sig. I say I can't see them. They ask why. I tell them why. They say that's dumb, check their sig. I don't help them. It's really annoying.

As for jobs, McDonald's hires anyone. Real easy job and they usually give you all the hours you want. Or any other fast food place like that loves younger kids.