PDA

View Full Version : 250x jumped timing

rooter4x4
10-28-2007, 10:18 AM
my 91 250x jumped timing and I can not find my manual on how to fix it. Is there any one with pictures or advice on how to fix this.

Honda250XRacer
11-04-2007, 08:42 PM
how much do ya want for it ??

Honda250XRacer
11-04-2007, 08:50 PM
well on your driver side , side case theres a big plug in the middle and a small towards the top left , take both of those off....you will need a socket to fit the bolt in the big hole so you can turn the motor over with ease , look threw the small hole and turn ur motor over til you see a small line in there and match with the line inside of the plug hole..... you need your whole rocker arm of the top of your head , ..you willl need to loosen the cam tensioner , ok then take your cam and spin it til the arrows on the cam are level with the top of your head and 1 pointing up. try to get your chain on it exactly as i said. and make sure those lines are level with the head and that those lines in the side case match up as well , and it should be in time. i think i explained it alright ?

thanks trent

bwamos
11-05-2007, 06:02 AM
Also when lining up the marks on the cam sprocket, make absolutley sure that all the chain slack is on the tensioner side (back of the motor). If not when you release the tensioner it will throw it back out of time.

look threw the small hole and turn ur motor over til you see a small line in there and match with the line inside of the plug hole

There are 2 sets of marks on the flywheel. || & |T you want to alight the vertical mark on the |T up with the notch in the hole.