PDA

View Full Version : ATV Four Play New DRR Suspension Components

T@AFP
10-28-2007, 09:11 AM
ATV Four Play has introduced the new Full Suspension Kit for the DRR.

Long Travel MGC Series A arms
Long Travel swing arm
Anti- Vibe steering stem
Anti-Vibe steering stem support bracket

For more information please check out www.atvfourplay.com

http://www.atvfourplay.com/DRR-MGC-LT-A-arm-LT.gif

Logan #34's Dad
10-28-2007, 09:47 PM
Hey Tom, Those look great. The MGC will really help in those deep ruts! How wide will these make the quad? My stockers are 44inch wide. How about shock length needed?

T@AFP
10-29-2007, 07:55 AM
Originally posted by Logan #34's Dad
Hey Tom, Those look great. The MGC will really help in those deep ruts! How wide will these make the quad? My stockers are 44inch wide. How about shock length needed?

Thanks we spent alot of R&D on this bike.

At ride height of approx. 7" this will make the bike 45" wide.

The shocks we developed this combination with is the Fox MXR. This is Fox's pit bike shock. They are fully adjustable and only costs $600.00 for the two. Versus $ 1,495.00 for the quad shocks. With this combination you get 8.5" of wheel travel both front and rear end. Even though the stock shocks are longer...they did not acheive the same wheel travel as ours. they went into a bind. The other benefit is...with the stock set up the bike would bottom out in the front end approx. 2" before the rear. Potentially causing the rider to be thrown forward. With our set up they bottom out evenly making the bike much plusher and safer.

If you have any question let me know.
What do you think of the stem support brackets?

Tom

Logan #34's Dad
10-30-2007, 09:26 PM
Well Tom, If I end up building Logan a new 90cc this winter I will get in touch with you. I just cannot afford a-arms and shocks for his 70. We already invested in the Elka's ($800.00) with the stock a-arms. I can't wait to see your little guy flying around with some good suspension. Just tell him to stay off the gas while landing!!! LOL!!!

T@AFP
10-31-2007, 07:30 AM
Originally posted by Logan #34's Dad
Well Tom, If I end up building Logan a new 90cc this winter I will get in touch with you. I just cannot afford a-arms and shocks for his 70. We already invested in the Elka's ($800.00) with the stock a-arms. I can't wait to see your little guy flying around with some good suspension. Just tell him to stay off the gas while landing!!! LOL!!!

Keep in touch with me. We've got a few more iron's in the fire we want to release before Christmas. I'll let you know when they are ready to go.
I'm pretty excited to get my kid some real suspension too. These emergency room visits this summer were costing me a fortune. I was expecting to see the "family services" show up at my door, for child endangering. Seemed like every time he rode he would try and fire something a little harder/faster and end up crashing and bleeding. He got "gun shy" toward the end of the season.

Take care tell Logan I said hey.

drr5
10-31-2007, 07:35 AM
just a thought but why the short shocks? im no expert at all but this seems to go against the grain from everything else out there,your products look very well made and designed just curious about the a arm shock location, and are you going to do any round house swing arms?

camsdad
10-31-2007, 08:13 AM
a longer shock doesnt mean more travel if the a-arms bind up before the shock reaches max travel..have you actually measured travel on your stock front end compared to rear......ive found its alot easier to stiffen up the suspension than it is to make it plush enough...nice looking stuff...

T@AFP
10-31-2007, 08:46 AM
Originally posted by drr5
just a thought but why the short shocks? im no expert at all but this seems to go against the grain from everything else out there,your products look very well made and designed just curious about the a arm shock location, and are you going to do any round house swing arms?

We appreciate the compliment on our products.
There are a few reason's for the short shocks.
1st- Economics.- A set of these shocks costs $ 600.00 vs $ 800.00 +. They still provide 8.5" of wheel travel. With the location of the shock mount in relation to the A arm it causes a 3:1 motion ratio. Which on a Bike Bike application is not desired. However, these mini quads do not have the same criteria. These shocks that we're using are designed for a 3:1 ratio on a pit bike with a 200# rider. We're using 2 of them spliting the load. Which works very well.

2nd- Fox does not have a desirable length bof shock that we need. However, now they are looking into this. So eventually we may have another "generation II" w/ longer shock options. But of course see reason #1. These shocks could be an addtional $200.00 per set. We think we will still offer this shorter shock combination as a alternative to the longer shock combination. The longer shock kit with A arms will be closer to the $1,600.00 + vs. $1,350.00.

In regards to the swing arm. We felt that if we offered a round house swing arm. The customer would have to out source alot of components like a axle, brake caliper, caliper plate etc... again $$$. If people are interested we can build them We're just trying to give customers a reliable, cost effective, safe product for our kids.

Thanks for your interest.
If you guys can think of other products you need let us know.

kenjolly
10-31-2007, 08:56 AM
pm sent

drr5
10-31-2007, 08:56 AM
thank you for the info just wanted to hear it out of the horses mouth, your products are nice and the stem support is probly the most needed of all as we have seen a few bend i would say for a full on agressive rider it will be a must

T@AFP
10-31-2007, 09:03 AM
Originally posted by drr5
thank you for the info just wanted to hear it out of the horses mouth, your products are nice and the stem support is probly the most needed of all as we have seen a few bend i would say for a full on agressive rider it will be a must

Horses mouth?....I guess thats better than the other end that my wife calls me.

Thanks again

drr5
10-31-2007, 09:08 AM
lol i mean no disrespect:D

wvspeedfreak
10-31-2007, 11:55 AM
Man,I have to have one of those stem supports :macho

ecmini1
10-31-2007, 08:09 PM
Fox has been telling us for months now that shocks for the minis will be out next month. Its like a broken record.

bulldogfallon
10-31-2007, 08:13 PM
Right around thanksgiving...

They wanted to make sure they could bring a product out that would be affordable and perform

You will see 2 types I believe

I set will be sold in a 3 shock pkg for the local racer and then some real nice ones too...long travel for the pro racer

I hope they will help shed some weight off of these minis

ecmini1
11-01-2007, 05:39 AM
I agree Thats why were waiting on fox. Great product and always a leading edge.

hotquads1
11-01-2007, 09:25 AM
do parts come powdercoated? no cost?
marc

T@AFP
11-01-2007, 12:05 PM
Originally posted by hotquads1
do parts come powdercoated? no cost?
marc

Yes Sir,
The parts are powder coated. They are offered in Gloss Black, Textured Black, Silver, Red, Blue, or orange.
Premium colors are extra. Candy Red, Candy Blue, Candy Orange or chrome.
Thanks for your interest.

T@AFP
11-07-2007, 06:13 PM
We have had a few requests of some close up pictures of the swing arm. This is our gloss blue version.

T@AFP
11-07-2007, 06:19 PM
Originally posted by T@AFP
We have had a few requests of some close up pictures of the swing arm. This is our gloss blue version.

Logan #34's Dad
11-07-2007, 09:58 PM
Hey Tom, I like it! Is there a weight savings over stock?