PDA

View Full Version : Wash Day

Eviltanker
10-28-2007, 08:35 AM
Actually washed her today, Makes me want to get her dirty all over again.

Eviltanker
10-28-2007, 08:36 AM
With the guard

10-28-2007, 09:57 AM
i wash mine after every ride...lets you go over everything and and maybe see a potential problem before it is a problem. it also makes it easier to clean the next time. i take everything off...plastics, tank, clean the carb and filter(every other ride), wheels, skids, sometimes the hubs, calipers come off the disk and get cleaned with brake clean. i make sure things are tight and adjusted properly and well greased where needed.

AtvMxRider
10-28-2007, 10:12 AM
Originally posted by speedyquad
i wash mine after every ride...lets you go over everything and and maybe see a potential problem before it is a problem. it also makes it easier to clean the next time. i take everything off...plastics, tank, clean the carb and filter(every other ride), wheels, skids, sometimes the hubs, calipers come off the disk and get cleaned with brake clean. i make sure things are tight and adjusted properly and well greased where needed.

Ruby Soho
10-28-2007, 10:38 AM
i just washed mine. still no matter what theres always that dirt thats in the little nooks you don't notice when everything is off of it. oh well

mat1977
10-28-2007, 01:12 PM
Lookin good man! BTW what type of scoops are those?I was thinking about ordering some today.

10-28-2007, 01:25 PM
Originally posted by Ruby Soho
i just washed mine. still no matter what theres always that dirt thats in the little nooks you don't notice when everything is off of it. oh well

I once cleaned mine with a tooth brush and spent hours washing it. It looked better than when I bought it off a guy with 10 hours on it, the tooth brush and hours of work made it look like it was right out of the factory. It was good because its easier to maintain now being perfectly cleaned once. But it wont stay clean haha

gcart2
10-28-2007, 01:54 PM
Originally posted by AtvMxRider

x2.. speedy.. you sound like a jackass

10-28-2007, 02:02 PM

much like the rest of your picture posts...

10-28-2007, 02:04 PM
why does it make me sound like a jackass for telling the benefits of why i wash my bikes after every ride. washing it is not that big of a deal...nearly everyone i ride with comes each time with a shiny quad. it should be considered regular maintenance.

gcart2
10-28-2007, 02:09 PM
thats good. once a month ill tare mine down too.. however you saying that is like me saying " o yea!! i went riding with the bomb squad.. they couldn't keep" lol.. but remember.. im proud of you :p

ingleful
10-28-2007, 02:10 PM
i try to wash mine after every ride..but doesnt always happen.

gcart2
10-28-2007, 02:16 PM
Originally posted by ingleful
i try to wash mine after every ride..but doesnt always happen.

i aagree.. i just soak the whole thing with wd40 so when it gets dirty.. all it takes is a water hose to make it shine.

Eviltanker
10-28-2007, 02:43 PM
Originally posted by mat1977
Lookin good man! BTW what type of scoops are those?I was thinking about ordering some today.

Thanks for the compliment! The scoops are Tinners scoops, He's on this site PM him and get a price.

mat1977
10-28-2007, 02:55 PM
Thank you very much man.

AtvMxRider
10-28-2007, 04:27 PM
why does it make me sound like a jackass for telling the benefits of why i wash my bikes after every ride. washing it is not that big of a deal...nearly everyone i ride with comes each time with a shiny quad. it should be considered regular maintenance.

Who gives a chit how many times you wash your quad or how he washes his:rolleyes: .

10-28-2007, 05:44 PM
then why do you feel the need to put up another gay pic...is it the post whore in you?

seriously, it is just annoying...and not funny anymore...the newbs get a kick out of the first 10 or so then they become bored with it also...and is it really necessary for pics of someone taking a few parts off and cleaning them...my post was to make a point that what he was planning on doing happens every day...

AtvMxRider
10-28-2007, 05:48 PM
then why do you feel the need to put up another gay pic...is it the post whore in you?

Because you have a ****ing smartass comment about most of the threads you reply in. The guy never asked you about your washing habits but you felt the need to tell him. It's not only this thread there have been many others. I flat don't like your smartass and thats all there is too it.

10-28-2007, 05:50 PM
Because you have a ****ing smartass comment about most of the threads you reply in. The guy never asked you about your washing habits but you felt the need to tell him. It's not only this thread there have been many others. I flat don't like your smartass and thats all there is too it.

and what exactly do you think your pics are? who do you think you are? are you quad god?

10-28-2007, 05:52 PM
where exactly do you get the smarta ss attitude? give a few examples

AtvMxRider
10-28-2007, 05:53 PM
and what exactly do you think your pics are? who do you think you are? are you quad god?

I am someone who is tire of your chit. I never said I was anykind of qod but you seem to think you are

10-28-2007, 05:55 PM
no i don't, i know my place...it seems you don't...how many of your 11 grand + posts are the stupid pics?

i wasn't even sure you could type until the last few replies

10-28-2007, 05:56 PM
i know what it is, i have commented before on your use of the pics...that is what has your panties in a bunch

AtvMxRider
10-28-2007, 05:56 PM
i know what it is, i have commented before on your use of the pics...that is what has your panties in a bunch

No the only panties I have in a bunch is your old ladies

gcart2
10-28-2007, 05:57 PM
alright guys chill out... speedy you are bugging me too.. atv that last joke sucked lol:p .

AtvMxRider
10-28-2007, 05:59 PM
I'm done. Sorry for hijacking this thread:(

10-28-2007, 05:59 PM
wow...that is original...can't come up with anything better...you disappoint me...i guess you aren't much for comebacks without the pics that other people created...i am done with you completely. ignore me and i will ignore you...simple as that...

gcart2
10-28-2007, 06:00 PM
lol

AtvMxRider
10-28-2007, 06:00 PM
ignore me and i will ignore you...simple as that...

Best thing you have said yet

gcart2
10-28-2007, 06:01 PM
atvmx.. dont reply just let him act immature

10-28-2007, 06:03 PM
last time, just because of the immature comment...what do you consider all the little pics you put up? that is a very immature thing to do...

AtvMxRider
10-28-2007, 06:04 PM
last time, just because of the immature comment...what do you consider all the little pics you put up? that is a very immature thing to do...

I never once said anything about being immature did I? Now I'm done

10-28-2007, 06:08 PM
your right, i apologize for that...it is the other one that was out of line

trx400EXtreme
10-28-2007, 06:15 PM
anyway back to the original topic. Eviltanker- quads lookin' good:macho .

Eviltanker
10-29-2007, 06:15 AM
trx400EXtreme, Thank you for the comp.

As for Speedy... I do wash mine after everyride but, I don't tear down completely everytime. I am leaving for Afghanistan in December and decided to do a full tear down and wash, Oil change, brake check, etc. the whole nine yards. I'm not advertizing but, I own a side bussiness that deals in quads so I do know proper maintenance I just don't get so anal everytime.

Now, Everybody kindly quit the screwing around and fragging, I don't come on your threads and pull that sh#$ so have some respect.

AtvMxRider
10-29-2007, 06:17 AM
Originally posted by Eviltanker

Now, Everybody kindly quit the screwing around and fragging, I don't come on your threads and pull that sh#$ so have some respect.

Sorry dude. Quad looks great by the way:macho

Eviltanker
10-29-2007, 06:20 AM
It's cool, I think this place needs a special thread for you guys to tear into each other.

Flip_SideEX
10-29-2007, 12:14 PM
I lol'd. (speedy vs atvmx)

Nice pictures, i like the swamp in the background of that one. What type of rims are those? i hope no one messes with that gaurd...my friend just picked up two pitbull/german sheppard/rotwieler dogs.

Eviltanker
10-30-2007, 07:57 AM
Behind the quad is the maiden creek, The rims are ITP Baja's, and the dog is my boxer.

Pipeless416
10-30-2007, 10:00 AM
im loving the black rims that you have. hopefully that will be my next major investment if my money ever builds up again. very nice looking quad.. and atvmxrider.. i still like the pics..:chinese: haha

mx1791
10-30-2007, 12:39 PM
nice quad:)

gcart2
10-30-2007, 04:01 PM
i love boxers :) yeah i got to do a tear down soon i raced a scramble and the pressure washer isnt working for me =(

honda8&3
11-17-2007, 04:57 PM

It's called taking care of your stuff for the long run. I usually tear mine part way down and thourouly clean it AT LEAST once a month! I usually hate seeing it really dirty. But hey like my sig says RODE HARD AND PUT AWAY WET lol! :p :devil: