PDA

View Full Version : Idle

riding4fun
10-28-2007, 07:20 AM
The last couple of trips out when Cassidy rides hard I have noticed the idle not coming down right away after stopping. I remember a post way back and if I remember it right it said I might have a cylinder going bad. Is this whats possibly going on.
This is on the 90. I guess it may be time for a rebuild, wh have had it for 7 months.

Thanks,
Darrell

boh250r
10-28-2007, 06:26 PM
Check the intake boot for any cracks or loose bolts. Carb may have some trash in it. Has the weather changed very much, if it has turned colder you may need to richen up your mixture. Check the throttle cable and spring in carb it may be sticking. Just mt 2 cents!!!!!!!!

riding4fun
10-29-2007, 06:43 AM
Thanks for the reply. I changed intake boot a week ago. Throttle cable and spring are fine. I didn't really even give weather a thought. It is cooler. I'll check plug color.

I think it's time for a rebuild anyway.

hotquads1
10-29-2007, 07:29 AM
Hi darrell,
the slow to idle symptom is a clue to a lean condition , may not need a rebuild yet. A quick adjustment to the air screw will give us a better idea, turn air screw in 1/4 turn and see if it makes a change , if it improves then another 1/4 turn in is suggested. the pilot or needle could be a little lean for the cooler weather , if you would like me to talk you thru the mid range carb tuning just give me a call. 334-705-0084... unless some sand has gotten by the air filter , a rebuild may not be neccessary at this time.
marc

riding4fun
10-29-2007, 07:47 AM
Thanks Marc,

I will look into that.

PS, you don't need to leave me your phone number, I have it memorized.:D