PDA

View Full Version : Medicade...

troyleepred719
10-27-2007, 08:13 PM
I went last night to the Health Office, to fill out applications for some government help things. I am 20 years old, live alone, and work full time. I just found out I have to have surgery, but have no benifits at my job, and am not on my parents insurance. I dont have anything as far as health insurance. I went down there yesterday, and got all the paper work done, and got called later.The worker there said that I could not get it. When I asked her why not, she said I make too much money. Now, at 20 years old, making a little over 25k a year, payng out over 4 quarters of it in bills, how do they figure I can afford a 18000 dollar surgery? They told me that even if I did get it, it wouldnt be right, putting off all of those in true need, for my surgery. When I asked why, she told me that I shoudl be ashamed of myself for trying to get things that I dont need, and she rudly hung the phone up on me. Now WTF? I vote, pay taxes, and have a full time job, and pay all my bills, Is asking a little help from the government right nwo, really that bad?

meankfx
10-27-2007, 08:35 PM
this world is ****ed up

TWILES
10-28-2007, 11:05 AM
I was throwing up blood once from an ulcer and went to WESTERN BAPTIST HOSPITAL in PADUCAH, KY and the only people they would let in the ER were people with the medicade card. The happened to be black. A kid came in bleeding all over the floor from a dog attack. THEY HAD INSURANCE! He sat there for a good 20 minutes crying with blood pouring out of his legs and arms. His mom went and said something to the admitance lady 3 times and the woman just gave her a dirty look. A nurse finally came out and wraped in a sheets and a doctor came behind to get him and the doctor looked MAD. They were letting the blacks with medicade cards back because of headaches. I didn't believe it but they all sat together and had a big laughing conversation about how they didn't have to pay for it and why they were there. Face it, if your not black or mexican, you better make a ****load of money. Don't think I'm aiming this at blacks. They were just the ONLY ones that had that card. There was a black couple who couldn't have been over 30 with twins girls and one was buring up and unconcious. They ended up going to another hispital. THEY HAD INSURANCE!