wizzade
10-27-2007, 07:53 PM
any other opinions or is it dynojet all the way

250exkid
10-27-2007, 07:55 PM
dyno all the way. also come with great instructions to follow to

Eviltanker
10-28-2007, 05:41 AM
jet kits are a pain just call C&D or jetsrus and order the ones you need and save a bunch of money.

10-28-2007, 06:00 AM
stay away from the dynojet kit..and any other kit...go hear jets-r-us (http://www.jetsrus.com/main_page.htm) and read their FAQ-jets and jetting on the left side of the screen

the moose, k&n, and most other jet kits are just rebranded dynojunk kits

gcart2
10-28-2007, 06:06 AM
my 400ex runs dynojets.. never had probllems.. they r simple and commonly used so asking for help is no prob

oldracer
10-28-2007, 06:19 AM
Originally posted by Eviltanker
jet kits are a pain just call C&D or jetsrus and order the ones you need and save a bunch of money.

400ex bump the piolet jet up 1 size from stock(helps starting)
then the main depends on filter and air box mods.
also if you know how bend the tab that runs the accelerator pump. just a lil. takes away the lil stumble
on the bottom end.

you can rejet a 400 for about 15 bucks.

gcart2
10-28-2007, 06:24 AM
o and its nice to know i can change my filter bore my motor to a 440 and not have to go online and order more jets.

10-28-2007, 06:26 AM
i unfortunately have the dj kit in my 400ex also...cleaning the carb one day, i dropped the needle from the workbench. as i stepped back to grab it, i stepped on it bending it pretty good. of course no one had an extra needle for me and no one could get just the needle. i called dj to buy one. i couldn't just buy one, i had to send them the bent needle so they could verify it was dj needle, then they would send me a replacement. 2 weeks after i shipped it to them, they called me saying it was their needle(i knew it was, i read them the part number from the baggie it comes in). I would have to pay $5 for a new needle, which was not a problem and $5.50ish for shipping. Again, not a problem as I was expecting it to be packaged nicely and arrive in a few days. Again, 2 weeks after i received the phone cal, the needle came. It was stuffed in a regular old run of the mill everyday envelope, with a $.037 stamp on it. This needle could have bent in the return shipping or poked through the envelope and been lost. It is a good thing i wasn't racing, just think how many races i would have missed because i was out of an atv for a month, i know i missed more than one ride. Plus, the packaging for return shipping was a little high since all it was was an envelope and a stamp.

They weren't the most pleasant on the phone either.

hornetgod13
10-28-2007, 09:50 AM
I spent $50.00 on a Dynojet kit back when I didn't know any better. After riding and jetting for a couple months I gave up and went back to stock keihin jets from the previously mentioned jetsrus website and I spent less than $10.00 including shipping to set the quad up perfectly. It wasn't a total loss, I was able to sell the dynojet kit for $35.00.

WFO400
10-28-2007, 03:24 PM
One good thing about the DJ kit is that it comes with an adjustable needle. I have an 05 which comes with a non adjustable needle, I'm not sure about the other years, but would assume they come the same way. Is there any other way to buy an adjustable needle?

Ruby Soho
10-28-2007, 03:55 PM
i have dj's. pain in the ***. they are in different size #'s and such. so you HAVE to stick with dyno jets, its easier to just order single keihin jets and such.. thats what i will do on the 450r carb im putting on

wizzade
10-28-2007, 05:52 PM
Well can someone help me out on which jets to get. I have a 07 400 ex, and am ordering a K&N air filter, HMF sport S/O, and taking the airbox lid off next week and I dont know which jets to order. Any help is appreciated:)

GOTFEAR
10-28-2007, 07:18 PM
k&n dynjet kit only,.,..

JOEX
10-28-2007, 08:42 PM
Originally posted by WFO400
One good thing about the DJ kit is that it comes with an adjustable needle. I have an 05 which comes with a non adjustable needle, I'm not sure about the other years, but would assume they come the same way. Is there any other way to buy an adjustable needle?
I'm 90% sure you can use an earlier model adjustable needle in the later models. I'd suggest getting some advice from someone who has already made the swap with success first though:)

Originally posted by wizzade
Well can someone help me out on which jets to get. I have a 07 400 ex, and am ordering a K&N air filter, HMF sport S/O, and taking the airbox lid off next week and I dont know which jets to order. Any help is appreciated:)
HMF should be able to tell you what jets to use, thay may even include them, just ask:)

10-28-2007, 08:56 PM
which models have an adjustable needle?

JOEX
10-28-2007, 09:00 PM
I think the the non adjustable needle started in 05 models

hornetgod13
10-29-2007, 08:42 AM
I ordered and use a 1999-2004 adjustable needle in my 06'. It works great.

10-29-2007, 12:41 PM
Originally posted by JOEX
I think the the non adjustable needle started in 05 models

i'm confused. so that means i dont need a jet kit?

espergre
10-29-2007, 12:54 PM
I wasted $50 on the dynojet kit, I did stick with their adjustable needle but i tossed the kit after a few rejetting changes. The stock keihen jets seem a lot easier to use and much cheaper. www.jetsrus.com has a kit for cheap. The setup you have will likely need a 160-165 main jet for florida elevation. There is no magic answer being that elevation and climate have such a great effect on jetting. Start with a 170 and keep jetting down one size until quad doesnt bog at top end.

JOEX
10-29-2007, 08:39 PM
Originally posted by FoxHondaRider
i'm confused. so that means i dont need a jet kit?
No one needs a jet kit. Just a few or several Keihin mains and maybe a couple pilot jets..

It's my understanding the needles in the kits have a different taper to match the mains in the kit. They can most likely interchange with Keihin jets but when people start mix and matching them comparing one set up to another can be difficult.

10-29-2007, 09:04 PM
what an adjustable needle do though?

hornetgod13
10-29-2007, 09:06 PM
It allows you to adjust the mid-throttle jetting.

Originally posted by FoxHondaRider
what an adjustable needle do though?