PDA

View Full Version : does anyone know how good them esteban guitars are?

450raider
10-27-2007, 05:36 PM
now let me explain my guitar history: i suck at it plain and simple ive owned a few electric guitars just to get rid of em cheap but then i heard that an acoustic was way easier to learn and a few times i saw on qvc this esteban kit that had a lot of stuff with it for about $220 (w/s&h) and they were praising that "it should cost about 3000" and i doubt that but is it really worth the 200 or is a ibanese or silvertone acoustic kit the way to go? and as for that matter, is acoustic easier to learn first?

thanks

416exfreak
10-27-2007, 06:42 PM
Well, I can tell you this. Acoustics are easier for the simple fact that all you have to do is keep it in tune and play it. No cables, no amp etc.

I really dont think its a good idea to buy a guitar that you have to make. Not unless your a professional Luthier and can put it together the way its supposed to be done.

But as its your money, do as you will.

As far as acoustics go...

Martin
Takamine
Taylor
Ibanez
Ovation
Seagull
Fender
Gretsch
Yamaha (some models)
Gibson

Those are good acoustic guitars. I dont personally know anything about estaban guitars, but a girl in my web design class is giving me hers. So if i actually get it, ill let you know what I think of it.