PDA

View Full Version : Dealership Blues.........

browng31
10-27-2007, 12:05 PM
Dealerships better shape up if people are going to race these new bikes Polaris is making. I don't know about everyone else but I have a heck of a time getting factory parts. I've ordered from my local dealership, even got a mail order dealership from a couple hours away that seemed to be better but still, a week and a half after ordering parts that were promised to be delivered a week ago... not here yet. I'm not a long-time Polaris guy, had Hondas before this and it just seems they get your parts in a hurry, you can order and pay for them when they get in, instead of making 2 trips to the dealership. I've heard some other folks horror stories about the Outlaws when they were new and warranty issues... I just can't understand if somebody races every weekend and depends on factory parts if needed, makes it hard for some, just venting I suppose, but the Japanese companies have better customer service in my opinion.

JackG47
10-29-2007, 02:20 PM
browng31

I haven't had to order any Polaris parts yet, but I have ordered plenty of parts for my Yamaha Warriors and Honda's, I always thought they must be coming by boat because they all take way too long to arrive. I recently ordered a ign coil for my friend's Warrior, it was almost 3 weeks to get it, I haven't found any dealership or oem part supplier faster than another. I have 4 friends that all ride old Warriors,My garage is stocked with clutch cables,levers,grips etc, that are rountinely damaged or will wear out and we don't want to be stuck, I'm sure racers do the same thing,order 3 or 4 of wearables, when they run low they order again,never being out of stock. Any car part can be overnight or within a few days.my 2cts

somewon
10-30-2007, 01:33 PM
that's nothing, my dealership (and I) waited 3 months on tools. while my machine sat and rusted in their shop. The dealership wouldn't touch the bike until they had all the tools, so now I have a 2007 Polaris Rusty.

It's a new model, if you want one just take a brand new 525, blow the motor, take it to the dealership and have them leave it outside for 3 months. (ain't sarcasm grand?)

bam3611
11-01-2007, 04:31 AM
I fill the pain also My 525 has been setting now 4 months and still waiting. It is setting in my garage right now and Polaris doesn't like it. They want it to set out out the dealer They don't care they have your money and could care less about you after the sell The dealers make the wait worth it they both have been bending over back wards and jumping through hoops to help get this worked out. Polaris got upset with me just last week end. I didn't want my quad setting out at the dealer they where having a race that week end. They asked me why it wasn't at the dealer. I told them it was my money setting out not yours and I'm tired of it getting vandalized and rusting and fading If you want the quad it will be in my garage and they didn't like that. They will get over it

browng31
11-01-2007, 10:24 AM
I got my parts! Only 25 days after ordering them, that might just be a speed record, thanks Polaris!!!

Flynbryan19
11-01-2007, 11:06 AM
When I had my predator I never got parts on time either. My dealer hated doing buisness with them and ultimately stopped selling polaris atvs/products all together. Add another reason to the list of why I'll never own another.

OutlawBill
11-01-2007, 11:13 AM
I will count my lucky stars the most I had to wait is 10 days due too weather