View Full Version : Game System?

MOUSE
11-05-2002, 08:59 AM
wife is going to get me a gamesystem for christmas and i have no idea wich one to ask for. playstation 2, gamecube,xbox? i havent played a game system in a long time and i guess im kinda behind. but i went to circut city the other day and messed around with some the other day. which one do you guys like? which one has the best games and such as that goes. i like racing car games and role playing games, and jet fighting games so give me some ideas thanks. mouse

skinrider440
11-05-2002, 09:12 AM
Playstation 2 is better i think cause if you don't have a dvd player it has one in it. my favorite games are the avt, dirtbike, nascar, and gta3 games

Striker49
11-05-2002, 09:16 AM
PS2

-Has many good titles comin out
-A few racers
-ATV Offroad Fury 1 & 2 (2 is online)

I looked at the other systems and like some of em b/c only certain titles were offered on them (WWE Wrestling) but the PS has alot more impressive games in my view so thats what Im askin for.

Just my .02 cents, but it wasnt much. :p

nakomis0
11-05-2002, 09:17 AM
IMO... Playstation has the most games. And having more games it probably has better games right now. The downside is, its a slower machine compared to x-box or GC. It only has 56k online cababilities.. and.. Sony is coming out with a new system soon.

X-box is a fast system with cable modem for online play. The game library isn't as big as playstation. But the future I think looks bright. I own one by the way. I don't play games a whole lot, but I do like it. They are also pushing online gaming alot more than any other system, which I also like.

Game Cube, has alot of fun games but they are more kid oriented. Not sure how it goes online. but its faster than PSX2, and slower than Xbox.

Every sytem has a ton of race car games. I havent seen many Jet fighter games but I know each system has atleast 1. RPG's I think are still best played off a PC.

ps. I do wish xbox had ATV offroad. And both systems play DVDs

cheetah
11-05-2002, 09:20 AM
I personally like my Xbox over my ps2. The only reason I still have my ps2 is for offroad fury. Like many others I got hooked to Halo though and to me it just seems like nothing else sizes up. I hear that Timesplitters 2 is supposed to be real good too, has anyone played it? Oh and Xbox has a dvd player too and I like it's player a lot better.

Jimmah
11-05-2002, 09:32 AM
PS2 IMO.... I have all the lastest, I only bought a gamecube for Resident Evil and have found only 1 game I like for xbox (Toe Jam and Earl 3). PS2 has a very strong library of games, ATV 1 and 2, GTA 3 and vice city, Socom, tony hawk....... Also PS2 has cable abilities that's how I play online.

Doibugu2
11-05-2002, 09:35 AM
Also with PS2 (which I have) if you have kids, you can buy and play any PS1 games on that system. So you can skimp out and get them cheap games if they are still young.

PS2 by far has the strongest library

airheadedduner
11-05-2002, 09:40 AM
If you like racing games then difinatly the PS2. And role playing games????? ever heared of a "scarface sim" called GTA:Vice City:D :D

MOUSE
11-05-2002, 10:02 AM
thanks guys, i played halo on the xbox and really liked that but im still leaning more towards the playstation2. it does seem to have more games and maybe the will come out with halo for the playstation. i heard about the online play but heard i had to have a braodband or dsl :confused: connetion to be able to play. hopefully she will be picking it up today or tommorow. thanks guys. give me some good games, is metal gear any good?

Jimmah
11-05-2002, 10:05 AM
If you like army/strategy then go with Socom. Excelent game, by far better then MGS.

nakomis0
11-05-2002, 10:10 AM
Toe Jam and Earl is pretty good for Xbox? hrm.. might have to go get it

exriderdude
11-05-2002, 10:10 AM
PS2:macho

they wont come out with halo on PS2, its made be microsoft. and if you look on the halo box it says "only on xbox"

cheetah
11-05-2002, 10:13 AM
Originally posted by exriderdude

they wont come out with halo on PS2, its made be microsoft. and if you look on the halo box it says "only on xbox"

Exactly, and from what I heard, sony wanted to buy the rights to Halo and bungee just laughed at them.

NDrider
11-05-2002, 10:14 AM
I have a V3 Racing Wheel and 5 Playstation games on Ebay right now if your interested. All of it is like new and has very little use.

Here is a link to what I am selling -

http://cgi6.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewSellersOtherItems&userid=1fast400ex&completed=0&sort=3&since=-1&include=0&page=1&rows=25

jay's 300
11-05-2002, 10:17 AM
I'd heard they were coming out w/ a PS3, but I want the PS2 simply b/c of ATV Off-Road Fury 1&2! :D

MOUSE
11-05-2002, 10:25 AM
Originally posted by exriderdude

they wont come out with halo on PS2, its made be microsoft. and if you look on the halo box it says "only on xbox" why it looks like thaey would make more money with it available for 2 systems. :huh

DGR Designs
11-05-2002, 10:30 AM
OMG DUDE YOU HAVE TO BUY NINTENDO! (normal nintendo) THE GAMES ARE SO SIMPLE! THERE ARE WHAT, 5 ORSO BUTTONS? EASY TO PLAY! :macho :blah :huh

cheetah
11-05-2002, 10:32 AM
Well actually, ps2 don't have the capabilities to run halo. It's too restricting and I'm not sure but I'm guessing that microsoft has a contract with bungee keeping halo on the xbox.

pbarr86
11-05-2002, 11:02 AM
I beat Halo, then went on to Dead to Rights that was another great game. Now on to my next victim SplinterCell (http://www.xbox.com/tomclancysplintercell/) I can't wait to play this one. My brother has the PS2, it is a great system but I just like the XBOX system more. To me Xbox may have less games (not sure if that is true) but the quality of the games are better.

Just my opinion,
Paul

Deathbringer
11-05-2002, 11:26 AM
Go with PS2....the controller is better, the game selection is better. If you are thinking about using it as a DVD player forget it...it sucks... but if you want the BEST GAME MACHINE (IMO) then go with the PS2.

shelbygt350
11-05-2002, 11:28 AM
PS2 Hands down!

Castor-426ex
11-05-2002, 11:31 AM
my computer....i play all games on it....im gettin vice city soon i hope its worth it

pbarr86
11-05-2002, 11:35 AM
This is one of those Chevy vs Ford, Honda vs Yamaha battles.

I HATE the PS2 controller imho, it is the worst one on the market. But to be fair you can buy the aftermarket ones that fit in your hands better.

Deathbringer
11-05-2002, 12:09 PM
Originally posted by pbarr86

I HATE the PS2 controller imho, it is the worst one on the market. But to be fair you can buy the aftermarket ones that fit in your hands better.

What are you smoking man.....the PS and PS2 have got high high high marks for their design on controllers...
Yes this is a ford-chevy thing...but have you seen the Xbox controller...looks like a miniature seadoo with buttons...its horrible....reminds of the POS Dreamcast controller.

buckNbanshee
11-05-2002, 12:10 PM
i like my PS2 the best because i have more games on it ,i like xbox but only for one game which is halo that was too easy to beat i like my PS2 better than xbox and any other game system out there.

pbarr86
11-05-2002, 12:26 PM
Yo Death,
I have the XBOX controller and I love it, it fits like a glove. My hands get so cramped when I play w/ my brothers PS2 and my kids PS1. Could be my size I'm 6'1". PS2, PS1 and nintendo controllers seem to be built for kids hands. I will admit my boys have a hard time with the XBOX controller because of it's size. But hey it's MY Xbox they can go upstairs and play with their PS1.

Paul

Deathbringer
11-05-2002, 02:57 PM
pbarr86

I will give you the fact they are smaller..I am 5,8" and can't hardley hold the Xbox controller and perform some the the button combo's you want to..
So anyway to each his own...but overall you have to give the quality and quantity of games to PS2..

Atreyu
11-05-2002, 05:04 PM
Ps2 has cooler games, better graphics and is always being updated. and it also has vice city and off road fury 2

400exrules
11-05-2002, 05:24 PM
i have a PS2 and i have had it since the first year it came out and i LOVE it.it has grand theft auto vice city ( AWESOME ) atv offroad fury and offroad fury 2 will be out soon, and alot of other cool games plus it has a built in dvd player :D my friend has a gamecube and he never plays it or rents games or buys games or anything. he has one game that came with it that he never plays and he just got the thing.I dont care for spending money on a gamecube or xbox bec. ps2 is all i need.

Twiztid
11-05-2002, 05:39 PM
ps2 all the way

Rip_Tear
11-05-2002, 05:47 PM
Well I would suggest the PS2.... You like the game that come out for it better... Too bad they dont make more games for the PC! I want ATV fury 1 and 2. But I dont want to buy another consol....

Black400
11-05-2002, 06:25 PM
Originally posted by Jimmah
If you like army/strategy then go with Socom. Excelent game, by far better then MGS.

Sorry dude but Metal Gear Solid 1 and 2 are better than Socom Dont get me wrong Socom is a great game But MGS is better.

Get a Ps2 and get the greatest games of all time
Grand Theft Auto: Vice City:devil
ATV Offroad Fury:1and2:devil

MOUSE
11-06-2002, 07:48 AM
ok got the ps2 last night and picked up a few games, metal gear solid 2 , amored core 3, and devil may cry. and i really like it i played it for about 3 hours. devil may cry is a great game. i just wanted to say thanks for all the help. mouse

Knight440
11-06-2002, 08:32 AM
Xbox all the way I have played all of them and there is no comparison Xbox graphics and built in HD and Network card is great. as far as the controler issue Microsoft did come out with a smaller controller. the one downside is no ATV fury that game rule's. But there has been a hint that a new ATV game is on the way read here, It does not say for Xbox but it does say

ATV: Quad Power Racing 2 will be available this winter across all next-generation systems?

It's out for gameboy has anyone played it?

http://www.acclaim.com/company/pressReleases/product/ATV2.html

Does PS2 have this

http://www.xbox.com/doaebvolleyball/default.htm?cs_catalog=cat%2dus

:macho :blah Just my 2 cents

Castor-426ex
11-06-2002, 11:21 AM
Originally posted by Rip_Tear
Well I would suggest the PS2.... You like the game that come out for it better... Too bad they dont make more games for the PC! I want ATV fury 1 and 2. But I dont want to buy another consol....

i can play atv fury on my pc heheh:devil :eek:

QuadTrix6
11-06-2002, 12:05 PM
PS2....has the sickest games

Knight440
11-06-2002, 12:30 PM
Originally posted by Castor-400ex

i can play atv fury on my pc heheh:devil :eek:

:huh :huh How can you do this? I would realy like to be able to I have the xbox but still go out and rent the PS2 console from the video store when i want to play atv fury?