PDA

View Full Version : long travel

racerdad199
10-27-2007, 10:37 AM
Why would you go with the long travel over the stock travel? Does it go faster or take bumps easier? Please explain to me why it seems to be better for the long travel? From what I can see in pictures it really seems to make the tires turn in.

Thanks

born2ride14
10-27-2007, 12:05 PM
this setup gives you more travel. you can jump higher and yes they do better over bumps and whoops but the are lots of$$$$$$$$$$$$

hotquads1
10-27-2007, 12:34 PM
the long travel on a dual a-arm quad does not make the tires turn in, they are adjustable caster and camber , however you may have seen one that has not been alligned yet . The advantages of Long travel are , more comfort , less stress to the quad and driver, more adjustability equating to more control in adverse conditions, and less apt to bottom out shocks.
. Long travel does not in itself make a quad go any faster but a more comfortable and confident driver will drive the machine faster when they experience the added stability and safety gained by the extra travel.
Yes it takes bumps, jumps and whoops much easier.
the stock travel on a DRR is about 4.5" the long travel set-up will give allmost 9" .HUGE DIFFERENCE!
marc

Glenn Keaton
10-28-2007, 06:05 AM
will the long trvel work with a stock 44 wide (red springs) and i think the plus 2 swinger, or do you need aftermaket arms and swinger

riding4fun
10-28-2007, 07:00 AM
No, you will need the aftermarket a arms and swinger.