PDA

View Full Version : 2007 450r Mystery Wires??

F150marine
10-26-2007, 03:13 PM
This might be on all years but on my 07 there are wires going into the throttle????? I can understand the clutch so it would start in gear but the throttle, what would this do?

I'm asking because I might use my old 400ex throttle and I wanted to get another clutch pull unit since I took off the e-brake.

Any ideas?

IMSROLL450R
10-26-2007, 03:59 PM
06 is the first year they did this. It has something to do with a throttle position sensor, if you cut it the bike will idle but if you touch the throttle at all it will die. Im not exactly sure what its for but its definitely necessary to work with the carb that is on the bike. Hopefully someone else knows what it really does because I would like to know too.

10-26-2007, 04:07 PM
to run a 400ex throttle, cut and splice the wires together...i did this near the left side of the frame under the hood so they would be hidden...

TRX450RACER174
10-26-2007, 05:11 PM
Those wires are the Tps sensor wire, it is to prevent someone trying to start it with the throttle open, yes just cut and splice together under hood i have done it also to run a 400ex throttle and it runs perfect. For some reason the kickers i have seen kick back and break the side case and the ER's i would imagine you can damage the starter gear if you held the throttle open and the engine kicked back.

Flyin-Low
10-26-2007, 05:19 PM
Here's what those two wires are for:

There is a switch inside the throttle housing that senses if the throttle is open or closed. Then at the carb, there are two more wires that go into a switch that senses if the throttle is open or closed.

The purpose is that, if the throttle sticks.. The system will sense that the throttle is either closed at the throttle housing and open at the carb, or the opposite and it will kill the engine.

It's just designed to make sure that if some guy is driving the trails and the throttle sticks and he is too dumb to lock up the brakes or hit the kills switch that the quad doesn't rocket into a tree. Or on the track for that matter.

-Martin

F150marine
10-26-2007, 11:32 PM
Thanks for the replies.

You would think that since it is a (R) race quad that would not have stupid sensors.

Time to fix it.

killroy
10-27-2007, 02:56 PM
Originally posted by F150marine
Thanks for the replies.

You would think that since it is a (R) race quad that would not have stupid sensors.

Time to fix it. im sure they do this to cover their ***. prob had lawsuits we dnt no about from prevous years of throttle sticking open and hurting people.