PDA

View Full Version : Political lesson

mxdad
10-26-2007, 10:58 AM
A young woman was about to finish her first year of college. She considered herself to be a very liberal Democrat, but her father was a staunch Republican. One day she was challenging her father on his beliefs and his opposition to high taxes and welfare programs. He stopped her and asked how she was doing in school.

She answered that she had a 4.0 GPA, but it was really tough. She had to study all the time and never had time to go out and party. She didn't have time for a boyfriend and didn't really have many college friends because of spending all her time studying. On top of that, the part-time job her father insisted she keep left absolutely no time for anything else.

He asked, 'How is your friend Mary?' She replied that Mary was barely getting by. She had a 2.0 GPA, never studied, but was very popular on campus, didn't have a job, and went to all the parties. She was always complaining about not having any money, but didn't want to work. Why, she often didn't show up for classes because she was hung over.

Dad then asked his daughter why she didn't go to the Dean's office and request that 1.0 be taken off her 4.0 and given it to her friend who only had a 2.0. That way they would both have a respectable 3.0 GPA. Then, she could also give her friend half the money she'd earned from her job so that her friend would no longer be broke. The daughter angrily fired back, 'That wouldn't be fair. I worked really hard for my grades and money, and Mary just loafs. Why should her laziness and irresponsibility be rewarded with half of what I've worked for?'

The father slowly smiled and said, 'Welcome to the Republican Party'."

MOFO
10-26-2007, 11:07 AM
:D

I just sent this to a few people I work with that are big democrats - all for big gov't programs...

gncc025
10-26-2007, 11:14 AM
thats a good one. :p

Raptor68
10-26-2007, 11:28 AM
That's great! :D

hardtrailz400
10-26-2007, 11:37 AM
I sent this to some people as well.

89dc240
10-26-2007, 12:32 PM
And I will be sending it to some people also, lol. That's awesome.

BlaineKaiser450
10-26-2007, 04:28 PM
thats great! haha

JOEX
10-26-2007, 07:51 PM
Is there a longer version of this? I've seen this before some time ago but it seems it was longer.

Wonder if the Democrats have a rebuttal:scary:

Robin Hood
10-26-2007, 08:41 PM
Politics piss me off... I could sit here and talk about how my dad busts his balls all day working construction from 6am-3pm to put food on the table and provide for his family, and that he's been working the same profession since he was 16 to first help provide for his parents. He's now 49 years old and outworks everyone on the worksite and is now losing his job due to the Republicans letting illegals into the country... But he's a democrat, so, who cares right?

mxdad
11-09-2007, 04:50 AM
Originally posted by Robin Hood
Politics piss me off... ...He's now 49 years old and outworks everyone on the worksite and is now losing his job due to the Republicans letting illegals into the country... But he's a democrat, so, who cares right?

I think the Democrats control the Senate and the House but they don't seem to be doing anything about illegal immigration??? Are you sure it is the Republicans that are letting them into the country? How about it is both parties??? How about the fact that the illegals come here and pay some taxes but never file for tax returns so the money they pay into the system is free money to the politicians on both sides? Does that make sense to you or are you just trying to bash Republicans???

biker
11-09-2007, 09:49 AM
very well put MXDAD^^^ on the last post and the original post was great!!

dirtbike&quad
11-09-2007, 10:05 AM
Originally posted by Robin Hood
Politics piss me off... I could sit here and talk about how my dad busts his balls all day working construction from 6am-3pm to put food on the table and provide for his family, and that he's been working the same profession since he was 16 to first help provide for his parents. He's now 49 years old and outworks everyone on the worksite and is now losing his job due to the Republicans letting illegals into the country... But he's a democrat, so, who cares right?

lol. let me get this straight...its the republicans fault there are illegals in the country? weird...

m.h.s.c.#527
11-09-2007, 03:59 PM
dems want the maxican vote and republicans want the cheap labor btw im a republican

Ghost-Rider
11-09-2007, 04:46 PM
Lmao, that was great.