PDA

View Full Version : No One Is Safe.......

BornOnFire
11-05-2002, 07:16 AM
Argument blamed for arrow wounding=
By LEN WELLS Courier & Press correspondent (618) 842-2159 or
rlwells@midwest.net
October 29, 2002
A Dix, Ill., teen-ager remains in critical condition after being pierced with an arrow allegedly fired by a hunter who was angry that the boy's ATV had scared off a deer, police said.

Authorities said Steven Kemp, 17, has received more than 20 units
of blood as doctors try to save his life. The man who allegedly shot
him, Donald Fautch, 41, of New Athens, Ill., has been jailed on a felony charge of aggravated battery.

Witnesses told police that Kemp, his younger brother and another
teen-ager were riding ATVs in the woods off of Foxville Road near Kell on Saturday afternoon when they encountered Fautch.

Fautch, police said, complained that the boys had scared off a
deer he was watching while hunting in an area off Miller Lake Road just south of the Marion-Jefferson County line.

A spokesman for the Jefferson County sheriff's office stated that
Kemp threatened to beat up Fautch during a verbal altercation. At some point, police stated, Fautch put an arrow in his compound bow and drew it partially back. Foutch then slipped, witnesses stated, with the arrow striking Kemp in the chest.

Kemp was taken first to St. Mary's Hospital in Centralia and was
later transferred to Good Samaritan Hospital in Mount Vernon, Ill.

Donald Fautch was taken into custody at the scene of the shooting,
and jailed on a charge of aggravated battery.

Guy400
11-05-2002, 07:23 AM
Geez, I don't even care who was initially at fault here but you NEVER aim a weapon of any type at someone. I tell you what, when I've got my .357 Magnum revolver out and can see there's no bullets in it I still never aim it at anyone, joking or otherwise. It never gets aimed at anyone and if I hand it to someone else the barrel is always pointed at the ground with the handgrip going to the person.

Pappy
11-05-2002, 07:31 AM
stupid people amaze me....oh i slipped...riiiight;)

sad part is...he will probly get away with it:o

L.Vegas400
11-05-2002, 08:47 AM
talk about guys running from cops on quads give other quad riders a bad name... what kind of name is this guy giving hunters:mad: :mad:

nakomis0
11-05-2002, 09:02 AM
A hunter ran me over! On purpose! Broke my leg. Them basturds!
Its to hard to prove in court but he did.

And last yr. My lil sister and mom where snowmobiling. My mom saw a hunter, and he looked mad because they where riding near his hunting area.
Well a few minutes later my sisters sled stoped working , so they hid it near a tree and put sticks over it. Then they went home to get somebody to come out and get it.

When they came back about 20min. later. The hood was all kicked in, handlebars was bent, and the plastic was beat up.

These bad experiance make me thing hunters are bad. Sit in a tree all day trying to kill stuff, then if someone pisses them off they wanna kill them.

I own a gun, (Remington 1187, 12g semi-auto... oh ya she's bad:D ) and I do occasionally hunt. I have family members who are avid hunters, But from what I have seen there are more than a few a-hole hunters out there.

Striker49
11-05-2002, 09:20 AM
:( Thats why I dont ride during hunting season round here.

Hope that kid makes it, and if he does and I was him I would go put an arrow in that guy's @$$ myself!

cheetah
11-05-2002, 09:28 AM
I've been worried about that too. I ride on my cousin's land to get to trails and stuff and by accident I have seen 3 stands in trees and they are all trespassers. My cousin knows it, but he hasn't done anything and I watch my back everytime I ride cause I know people up here will shoot me for something like that.:( It's sad but it's true.

upstate rider
11-05-2002, 09:48 AM
That's sad to here :(

pbarr86
11-05-2002, 09:50 AM
I say shoot his own arrow right up his own arse!!!

BornOnFire
11-05-2002, 09:57 AM
What's the world coming to? Pretty soon we will probably see some kevlar bullet-proof chest protectors on sale at Rocky Mountain ATV! I hope that this hunter is made an example of and given some real time in the Penalty Box. Then we will see who is the Hunted when "Bubba" corners him in the shower.

DGR Designs
11-05-2002, 11:00 AM
Originally posted by BornOnFire
Then we will see who is the Hunted when "Bubba" corners him in the shower.

LMFAO! DIFFERENT "ARROW" OOPS! I SLIPPED GRABBING MY SOAP! ROFLMGDAO!

quadracer12
11-05-2002, 12:12 PM
dude i live where this happened. i can't belive it is all over the country. where did you read this at?

2K1 300EX
11-05-2002, 12:35 PM
Was the kid riding on his property or was it he guy that shot him's
property? This guy should be punished severly.

Originally posted by cheetah5431
I've been worried about that too. I ride on my cousin's land to get to trails and stuff and by accident I have seen 3 stands in trees and they are all trespassers. My cousin knows it, but he hasn't done anything and I watch my back everytime I ride cause I know people up here will shoot me for something like that.:( It's sad but it's true.

I like finding trespassers' stands on my property, I take them and use them or sell themt o friends.

Rip_Tear
11-05-2002, 06:33 PM
I see this in three ways:

If he was trespassing, all I can say is DUMB*****. I have chased, threatened and blocked people from comming on my property. All for good reasons.

If he shot himself... well same as the Dumb statement above

If he got shot, well during the trial someone should be the living .... out of him!

FoxRacing400EX
11-05-2002, 06:45 PM
[QUOTE]I hope that this hunter is made an example of and given some real time in the Penalty Box.[/QUOTE

You know the sad thing is that people who commit petty theft get punished worse than those who commit murder. Just today on the news they talked of a few people who have stolen minor things such as 4 childrens videos from K-Mart, or 3 golf clubs getting 20 years in prison. Yet someone who kills another person in cold blood can get off with a slick lawyer. It's complete B.S. and I don't see how those that make and enforce the laws don't see the problem... I hope the kid gets better, and can sitck it to the hunter for being a self centered moron.