PDA

View Full Version : bazooka bass tube for s10: good?

YFZ450Ridr
10-25-2007, 07:46 PM
are these bazooka bass tubes any good? i was looking at the 8 inch sub with the built in 200 watt amp. i already have all 4 pioneer aftermarket speakers and an alpine head unit but the system has really no bass. this is the only thing i found that will fit behind the seat of my small s10 single cab.

now i realize it will not sound anything like a pair of 12s but thats but what im looking for. i just want a little bass that i can hear and goes well with the music. are these things good for what i need? do they last long? i talked to one of my buddies who says thier kind of crappy quality but id like some more opinions.

TRX_450
10-25-2007, 08:21 PM
i had one in my extended cab and it sounded decent...i have actual subs now but if ur gonna do it go with the 10" instead of the 8....but for a cheap fix its worth the money if u strapped for space

ricksmx865
10-25-2007, 08:31 PM
if you want bass dont get a bazooka tube

just get a decent set of 10's and have someone build you a custom box

ive had/ done a few single cab s10s and you can get em loud.. you just have to build the right box

Regular_Joe
10-26-2007, 06:11 AM
They work well for what they are. For a nice easy all in one solution they are pretty good. Installation is key. Be sure to install them just like the directions say, it will make a difference.

cbrooks118
10-26-2007, 07:41 AM
I would suggest looking into MTX. They have customer built encloseres for the s-10 call the Thunderform. It was one 10" and it sounded real well in my borthers truck. YOu can a customer one built buy any legit audio place, but fomr my experience they are more expensive than the thunderform. JMO

YFZ450Ridr
10-26-2007, 10:12 PM
Originally posted by cbrooks118
I would suggest looking into MTX. They have customer built encloseres for the s-10 call the Thunderform. It was one 10" and it sounded real well in my borthers truck. YOu can a customer one built buy any legit audio place, but fomr my experience they are more expensive than the thunderform. JMO

ah thank you very much, this is a much better application and more what i was looking for!! i searched for hours and never found anytihng like this with the exact dimensions i needed! im pretty sure i am going to be buying a thunderlink in the near future, just what i was looking for!