PDA

View Full Version : Amsiol 0w40 full synthetic ?

reptikes
10-25-2007, 05:40 PM
Does anybody use this? If so how good is it? Right now i change my engine oil every 2 rides, would i change the oil every 2 rides or sooner or later or what?
Thanks,
Mike

reptikes
10-26-2007, 11:17 AM
Somebody, anybody!?

maticus
10-26-2007, 03:04 PM
if your title is correct then im confused why you are using 0w40 i use 10w40 and full syn would be good just not on the tranny side.

reptikes
10-26-2007, 03:16 PM
Thats my question. How good is the 0w40 Formula 4-Stroke? And does anybody use it ?

From Amsoil : AMSOIL Formula 4-Stroke® Power Sports Synthetic Motor Oil (AFF) is specially formulated for ATVs, UTVs, snowmobiles and other power sports applications. Its broad viscosity range and wax-free formulation make it excellent for use in both hot and cold temperature extremes. As an SAE 40 weight motor oil, AMSOIL AFF provides outstanding protection for hot operating engines, while its 0W rating and -60°F pour point ensure easy cranking, excellent cold weather starting and quick post-startup protection. Formula 4-Stroke® Power Sports is an extreme temperature lubricant that provides outstanding performance in high performance, recreational or work/utility engines.

Resists Heat and Thermal Breakdown
AMSOIL engineered Formula 4-Stroke® Power Sports Synthetic Motor Oil to withstand the high temperatures of recreational engines. It effectively resists oxidation and oil vaporization to prevent carbon/varnish formation, control oil consumption and minimize exhaust emissions. AMSOIL AFF controls oil thickening for good fuel economy, and it keeps engines clean for peak operating efficiency.

Excellent For Transmissions
AMSOIL Formula 4-Stroke® Power Sports Oil is wet clutch compatible and contains no friction modifiers, making it ideal for both two- and four-stroke ATV transmissions. The friction modifier-free formulation is designed to prevent clutch slippage, delivering maximum torque and power to the wheels – a critical feature for towing or high-horsepower engines. AMSOIL AFF meets the frictional requirements of JASO MA/MA2.

tfuchs
10-28-2007, 10:37 AM
I have used it for 1 1/2 seasons on both sides. You will like it.

It will seem thin but its is designed for quick flow at startup and excellent high temp protection.

GIXXER1KR
10-28-2007, 01:57 PM
I run the Amsoil full synthetic motorcycle on both sides and change it every 4 or 5 rides.I am at mege hours and it still runs sweet.Way way overdue for a piston.Its safe for the cluth due to no friction modifiers.In my opinion theres no better oil out there.I run it in my 2 stroke,street bike,and all my vehicles....

reptikes
10-28-2007, 06:24 PM
Thanks guys!

Pred_003
10-28-2007, 08:17 PM
I've used it but now i'm on to the 10 40 weight... the 0 40 seemed to burn up quickly and get really black in no time....

440challenger
10-29-2007, 06:43 AM
i used the amsoil in both sides and didnt like it in the tranny side, it was almost like it was too slipperly, and turned black in like two rides,when as belray thumper comes out like brand new.

tfuchs
10-29-2007, 07:21 AM
There is nothing wrong with oil getting dirty. that means that it is doing its job. Oil is formulated with detergents and dispersants which aid in the removal of contaminents and buildup in your engine and tranny.

SMS
10-28-2008, 12:01 AM
i like the ams oil my self and push to 0-40 wt on the both sides or redline synthetics but get your wallet out

represent618
10-28-2008, 05:42 AM
I have tried a few combos. (I change both sides/with filter, as well as clean the air filter with every ride)

I am personally satisfied the best with the Honda Tranny Oil 85W. (red pour bottle) in the tranny, shifts good in my R.

I have been using Maxima 20W50 in the engine, but will be switching to 10W40 for the winter at the next change.

I also run the Honda paper oil filters.

Off your topic I Know, just putting it out there.

d3ktrix
10-28-2008, 03:47 PM
I used to run Amsoil when I first got my bike.
Its so damn expensive though, I was paying around $8 a quart in bulk, at a dealer it goes for like $12 a quart.

I switched to Rotella, $4 a quart for the synthetic, and $2.50 for the conventional.
I use the synthetic in the engine side
And the conventional in the tranny side

Also I use aftermarket oil filters that are $2.80 each compared to the $9 filters from the dealer.

So now an oil change costs me $9.30 instead of $25-30

Changing the oil in both sides and filter every 2-3 ride, that adds up.

Been using the rotella for almost 2 years now, engine still looks perfect inside, few hundred hours on it.

SMS
10-28-2008, 04:16 PM
I would love to dyno your quad does it rip. It has a lot of sweet parts on it. Nice JOb

d3ktrix
10-28-2008, 04:39 PM
Originally posted by SMS
I would love to dyno your quad does it rip. It has a lot of sweet parts on it. Nice JOb

Mine?
It does ok I guess, I'd like more power though.
I was supposed to get it dyno'd & tuned at the beginning of this season when the top end was fresh but the local shop was jerking me around and never got it done.

This winter the whole bottom end is guna get new bearings, maybe a hotrods +3 while it's apart.
New valves and all also.
Then a while after that, head porting and get the FCR carb bored.

bansheemorphine
11-01-2008, 09:28 AM
Originally posted by d3ktrix
I used to run Amsoil when I first got my bike.
Its so damn expensive though, I was paying around $8 a quart in bulk, at a dealer it goes for like $12 a quart.

I switched to Rotella, $4 a quart for the synthetic, and $2.50 for the conventional.
I use the synthetic in the engine side
And the conventional in the tranny side

Also I use aftermarket oil filters that are $2.80 each compared to the $9 filters from the dealer.

So now an oil change costs me $9.30 instead of $25-30

Changing the oil in both sides and filter every 2-3 ride, that adds up.

Been using the rotella for almost 2 years now, engine still looks perfect inside, few hundred hours on it.

Are you talking about the rotella T diesel truck oil?

d3ktrix
11-01-2008, 10:41 AM
Originally posted by bansheemorphine
Are you talking about the rotella T diesel truck oil?

Yeah

LoweJ82
11-06-2008, 04:07 PM
has anyone ran lucas 4 stroke full synthetic 10~30w

SMS
11-06-2008, 04:36 PM
never sorry I have used Schaffer oils and like it alot.