PDA

View Full Version : Rear suspension overhaul

mean83sc
10-25-2007, 05:19 PM
I need some help on my rear suspension. I have a 99 400ex and I just trail ride with it, no racing. The rear suspensions been on it's way out since I bought the bike and I want to fix it up.

I haven't sat and shook it down to see all whats bad, but just from riding and quick looks the hubs are pretty wobbly on the axles, I'm pretty sure it needs new carrier bearings, (i know its not suspension but) I got a new rotor for the rear because the old one was warped and it would wobble. I have a new chain already for it and the sprockets are good. I replaced the swingarm bushings and put a new swingarm bolt in (guess why!).

So considering I'm not racing, I don't think I need to build it up super strong, but I'd like to overhaul it just to get it all in good working order. What would you guys suggest? I'm kinda new to the rear suspenion stuff, so whatever you guys thing would be good to upgrade tell me. Thanks

gcart2
10-25-2007, 05:23 PM
well it depends.. deep pockets?? id say new axcallibewr axel so if you break it.. get a new one. a billet baring carrier would be great. and as far as the little stuff.. hit up your local honda.

Exrider434
10-25-2007, 07:24 PM
id say with a durablue or axcalibur, with an LSR twin row bearing carrier. I run a +2/+4 adjustable durable with the lsr carrier and i love it hardly ever need to change the bearings

10-26-2007, 03:48 AM
1st of all a new chain ALWAYS requires new sprockets...no exceptions. 2nd find out what does and does not need replaced...
since you are racing, a stock axle, carrier and hubs will do if needed.
then send the rear shock to gt thunder for his rear linkage and a revalve