PDA

View Full Version : 18inch vs 20 inch tires for mx

gotboostido
10-25-2007, 03:47 PM
i just bolted on a set of 18 inch razar mx tires. i had holeshot hds 20inch. will i notice a difference. the holeshots are way taller side by side. these are for the track only. i dont race i just like bombing the track on pratice days. i have a 05 400ex kn power lid.full exhaust, and jetted are the only performace mods. it just felt i needed a little more pop to get some good air. im hoping this does the trick...maybe i need a high comp piston and some 112octane....:devil:

dustin_j
10-25-2007, 03:49 PM
You should notice quite a difference in acceleration. The HDs are heavy tires, and the lower height will help even more.

cbrooks118
10-25-2007, 03:50 PM
if you keep the stock gearing you will notice a huge difference in oss of top speed, but gain in acceleration. 1st gear will be low

tanner 222
10-25-2007, 07:32 PM
ya man for the track thats all i would use. i tried some hd's on my 400 for mx and man was it torcher. every corner was shift down to 2nd, ride the clutch a bit, dump it out of the corner and shift again. now its just 3rd around the corner dumping it at the end or 2nd flying through the tight corners. youll also find a huge difference at the faces of the jumps. youll have a bit more snap to give it when coming off it.

gotboostido
10-26-2007, 01:53 PM
hey, i took the bike to a pit today. only for an hour and a half. the place has 3 good jumps. third gear and you are screaming... what a difference the bike has way more pop. cant really notice it just putting around. but once you stand on it it pulls real hard.. now it feels like a performace bike...im gonna put those 450r shocks to the test this weekend.....