PDA

View Full Version : why doesn't honda produce the 250r anymore????

skinrider440
11-04-2002, 10:57 PM
why doesn't honda produce the 250r anymore? yamaha has the banshee still. if honda did remake them it would be the top selling quad on the market.

MILF_HUNTER
11-04-2002, 10:58 PM
there were to many lawsuits against honda. and honda is afraid of environmentalists.:rolleyes: they will never again produce a 2 stroke atv. so i wouldnt hold your breath for one

skinrider440
11-04-2002, 11:03 PM
so how can yamaha have the banshee? are they just not scared

nakomis0
11-04-2002, 11:15 PM
Originally posted by skinrider440
so how can yamaha have the banshee? are they just not scared

ahhh politics.

Yamaha said screw the enviroment. We hate trees and we hate people that hug em.

And said... if you crash , you crash.. go sue Honda.

.... Ok so maybe its not exactly like that.:square

CHAUNCY
11-04-2002, 11:37 PM
there was a post like this and it had the exact info so i would do a search and find out the reason. It was lawsuits i think.

11-05-2002, 05:17 AM
Yea it was beacuase too many people got hurt riding them and they were too dangerous, I'm sure they attacked people with the under 16 yr restriction too just for another law suit, im not sure though, I know the top was that they were too dangeruous, maybe they kept the banshee becuase yea they said screw it sure us but we can afford it and honda maybe just wimped out so th8ey dont get fined or lose money so then they would look bad?? I dunno

11-05-2002, 06:20 AM
b/c i asked them too. now mine is worth 1.3 million b/c it is sooo fast:macho

87250r88
11-05-2002, 07:35 PM
I wouldn't believe a thing from Honda as to why they quit building the TRX250r. They have no good reason.
If it was because they where too dangerous why would they keep building the motocross bikes and the high performance street bikes ?
If it was because of the environment why the **** do they keep building the CR250 ? ( although 2005 may be the last 2 stroke) That's 16 years longer than they built the TRX.
Another thing that pisses me off is now the GNCC is so hot on this Pro Production class. Where the **** where all the factories for the last 15 years ? (taking the money from ATV sales and dumping it into bike R&D!) . What is stock on the Pro Production bikes other than the frame and your even allowed to gusset that . If they want a Production class I say run em the way you buy em from the dealer.

JMO

Twiztid
11-05-2002, 07:41 PM
make flunk yamaha, honda needs to step up and not be a little b!tch, and make a new Ex and r!

11-05-2002, 07:43 PM
tru dat, lol actually yea ur kinda right about that first part.. i dont get it but o well

Live2Ride300
11-05-2002, 08:00 PM
All that politic crap sux. Thats the same reason suzuki stopped making sport quads, they were really starting to suck, but then started to come out w/ some good quads. Honda really needs to get a new sport quad out soon. If they were still making the 250R right now they would be making so much money, that they could use to make even more new quads. Damn those tree huggin hippies, they dont even know what its like to ride a quad.

Twiztid
11-05-2002, 08:08 PM
i meant to say "man forget yamaha" lol, i gots alot stuff goin on my comp. here srry