PDA

View Full Version : 300ex clutch?

deerslayer45
10-25-2007, 09:03 AM
I have a 00' 300ex, had it for a while now, had new clutch put in it at dealer. Really has no time on clutch, not enough to have significant wear. Whats happening is when it is cold, or even after it has ran for a little while without putting in gear, the first time you drop in it gear in jumps forward like the clutch is not working. After that it works fine, no slipping or any other problems, just that frigging jumping every time you start up and drop in gear when cold. Anyone have any suggestions on how to fix this???

CDCHONDAS
10-25-2007, 01:40 PM
what oil u use?

born2ride14
10-25-2007, 06:40 PM
you need to adjust your cable your clutch is not fully dis engaged

CDCHONDAS
10-25-2007, 07:08 PM
more than likely whats happening is he has some clutch plates sticking together, this may get better as the clutch breaks in, but some oils suck and can cause this.

deerslayer45
10-26-2007, 04:03 AM
Well I am using, and have only used Honda GN4 10w40 oil. If the cable needs to be adjusted wouldnt I have problems other than when it is cold? If this is the problem how would I go about adjusting the cable properly?

CDCHONDAS
10-26-2007, 05:33 AM
was it a stock replacement clutch? I would put a tank of gas or so through it and see If it gets better with a little time.

300exOH
10-26-2007, 09:04 AM
Like stated above...It's your clutch plates sticking together. Mine has done this since day 1. Getting the clutch cable adjusted just right will help but I have never been able to fully get it to go away on mine on cold startups. It is usually worse when the quad sits for a long time. The best solution I have found is to ride it more often. I have tried a couple of different oils with no luck either. Some oils are worse than others though. I run the Mobile 1 red cap (old formula...yeah I stocked up when they quit making it) I am going to switch to the Rotella synthetic when I run out. I have heard good things about it and the stuff is cheap. Mine was even harder to deal with with the Honda oil plus that stuff gets dirty wayyy too fast.

deerslayer45
10-30-2007, 12:44 PM
Thanks guys, I am gonna flip through the climber manual and adjust the clutch. The bike has had several tanks of fuel through it And yes it was a stock replacement clutch.