PDA

View Full Version : Drr Needs Help

flippy
10-25-2007, 08:45 AM
I PURCHASED A NEW DRR TUEDAY, IT HAS RAN FINE. MY DAUGHTER HAS TAKEN IT AROUND THE PRACTICE TRACK,AND MAN IS IT FAST. PROBLEM OUR DAUGHTER WENT TO RIDE THE MACHINE THIS MORNING AND IT GOES SLOW IT HAS TROUBLE GOING UP A SM HILL ANY HELP APPREICIATE SHE HAS A RACE THIS WEEKEND
GO EASY I AM A WOMEN WITH LITTLE MECHANICAL EXPERIENCE
THANKS

GNCC GROVE
10-25-2007, 09:07 AM
What model is it? You may need to remove the clip on the CDI box(2 phillip screws). That will give her more RPM's.

flippy
10-25-2007, 09:10 AM
ITS A 08 DRR 90CC AND YES I DID REMOVE THE CLIP FROM THE CDI BOXS
THANKS

bulldogfallon
10-25-2007, 09:42 AM
Who did you buy it from?

Did they check the jetting on the carb before delivery? Maybe be a fouled spark plug.....

You may also get the rear wheels off the gorund and try to rev it up to clear out the plug..

Their was a batch of 90s that came in jetted very rich and will fould plugs easily if your not on the gas all the way

Did you by any chance expose the air filter to water?

hotquads1
10-25-2007, 09:45 AM
did your dealer tell you what jetting he used when setting the bike up ? or do you know what jetting you have? sounds like the engine may not be turning the RPM s required to clean up the pipe. If no one has jetted this bike out of the box then i would do that first thing.
marc

flippy
10-29-2007, 06:23 PM
thanks for the help it was the spark plug she made it a half lap @ the ironman, in indiana
i had the DRR shipped to me so so no technician has worked on the quad
i believe i need the carb tuned

bulldogfallon
10-29-2007, 06:35 PM
Check that main jet....If it is a 140 then it is way too rich...we had a shipment that was jetted too rich..even the pilot jet

DRR has the jets in stock if you need them...if that is the problem

Just drop the float bowl cap with a 17mm socket and then get that main jet with a 6mm socket...

Let us know and we can help.