PDA

View Full Version : 300 ex ignition holder

10-31-2001, 05:57 PM
hey

I recently purchased a pair of renthal bars of f a friend and i was wondering where i could put my ignition on my 300ex since i will have take off the plastic piece that goses over the top of the bars stock. Thank You for ur reply.

11-01-2001, 02:42 AM
I've seen this done 3 different ways. I zip tied mine to the starter button box between the cables and the bars. You can't even tell they are there, and the wire runs down along the bars with the rest of the wires.
My brother mounted his in a plastic plate and used the original handlebar plastic hold down bolts to bolt it down.
A friend of mine drilled a hole in the side of his upper tank plastic and mounted it in there.

"BLAHH"300!!
11-01-2001, 01:43 PM
i drilled a hole in the top gas plastic-
in front and to the side of the bars-
get a 1 inch paddle bit and drill slow-
it's no big deal at all- no hard-
and it looks like it was made to go there

trueblue450
11-01-2001, 03:04 PM
Yup one inch bit. Make sure you do drill slow, cuz I didn't and the bit poped out and made scratches all around my key hole. I think it looks a lot better there, and is easier to reach. Never had mine pop out either. Its good to get that stupid handlebar plastic off too.

quadfamily
11-03-2001, 11:03 AM
I used a handlebar cover from an 87 250X. It mates right up with the stock 300EX headlight plastic and bolts up exactly where the 300EX handlebar plastic bolted up. It looks like factory because it is factory(just not on my quad). The piece is red which matches my headlight plastic but may not match others who have black. It may still look good though. It already has a keyswitch hole in it.

Magicfan25
11-04-2001, 01:40 PM
Can somebody post a pic of how yours is mounted? or e-mail it to Magicfan25@aol.com