PDA

View Full Version : Taking the lid off

RusRider
10-25-2007, 12:32 AM
I've read a lot here about taking the lid off, but I'd like to know exactly how to do it.
Just take it away and forget about it? In this way what about dust, mud and all this stuff?
Can somebody explain me if there are any tricks?

250r4life
10-25-2007, 12:43 AM
yah... you just take the lid off and leave it off...

i would get one any how, but especially if youre going to take the lid off, get a pro-design clamp on filter kit to replace the stock filter set up.

mxscooter
10-25-2007, 10:32 AM
Hey RusRider!
What type of riding do you do? Taking the cover off is inviting dirt and garbage into your motor for a 'let's tear up the top end' party.
(Also, the lid is PCV ported to vent crank gasses into the intake tract).

As recommended, a clamp kit is good insurance, but how about:

-high flow FOAM air filter

-make sure you have a good solid connection at seal area (I use Bel-Ray foam filter oil all over, it's really sticky)

-drill a bunch of large holes in the lid for better airflow, and then you can duct tape them closed when you want to play submarine and you won't have to fumble with the idiotic clamps that Yamaha "engineered"

PS - Your English is many times better than most American's

Хороший день!

RusRider
10-26-2007, 12:20 AM
I mostly ride woods.

I don't like to have this kind of ''party'')))) that's why I'm here!!!!
I have moose power kit not installed yet and there are high flow air filter with prefilter cover, K&N filter oil and clamps all this things look good enough not to let dirt and garbage get inside the motor. Is it just looks good or is it really good?

-drill the bunch of large holes- yes I 'll do this way!!!

"Хороший день!" :eek2: :) Thanks!!!