PDA

View Full Version : What Pros Use Them?

national425ex
10-24-2007, 10:44 PM
Just wondering what pros use the rekluse clutch system. Mainly GNCC but some MX pros as well. Thanks,

stumpleg
10-25-2007, 07:04 AM
I haven't heard of any pros using it. I believe Don Ockerman runs it, who runs Pro-Am in the GNCC, but can't be for sure if he does or not. If you are thinking about purchasing one, it would be worth it.

CannondaleRider
10-25-2007, 09:07 AM
Not GNCC, but Brandon Brown - WORCS #3, runs a Rekluse......SWEARS by it.

Also, Tim Shelman - WORCS #11...should be running a rekluse next round.

gbcap
10-25-2007, 09:26 AM
i think they are great for an intermediate or lower rider for sure.

above that it would be a preference thing.

i think there is more versitility to a regular clutch, engine breaking, popping the clutch and whatnot.

i don't know any GNC or GNCC pros that run them. a clutch is so easy to use, and prolly so second nature to those guys they don't want to change it.

Mxjunkie
10-25-2007, 08:29 PM
When they first came out onto the scene a lot of the gncc's guy gave them a try but a lot had troubles with them and went back with a standard clutch. The system its self is a great idea but it seem's everyone I've ever run into at the races or at shops has always had some sort of problem with them, mainly with the balls that the clutch uses and the clutch would always come out of adjusment causing many rider's to suffer during races, as Gbcap said a standard clutch is 2nd nature to a pro rider so it's understandable why many haven't switched, better to stick with what you know work's instead of experimenting! :)

400exrider707
10-26-2007, 06:05 AM
Originally posted by Mxjunkie
When they first came out onto the scene a lot of the gncc's guy gave them a try but a lot had troubles with them and went back with a standard clutch. The system its self is a great idea but it seem's everyone I've ever run into at the races or at shops has always had some sort of problem with them, mainly with the balls that the clutch uses and the clutch would always come out of adjusment causing many rider's to suffer during races, as Gbcap said a standard clutch is 2nd nature to a pro rider so it's understandable why many haven't switched, better to stick with what you know work's instead of experimenting! :)

It also seems that 99% of the time the people using them never have them adjusted properly. They do require a lot of extra maintainence, as you must keep them properly adjusted all the time, but if they are they are actually pretty sweet.

Sjorge450R
10-26-2007, 06:34 PM
i have one sitting in the garage that I used for like 20hours. I liked it, i hated it. What made me take it out was the fact that i realized that i never used the clutch to begin with....lol.