PDA

View Full Version : It's ALIVE!!!!!!!!!!

oynot400
11-04-2002, 09:01 PM
For all of those that know that I was installing a FDO 463. It is FINIALLY DONE! :devil I fired it up about an hour ago. It started and idled right off the start. I am in the break-in period now and have not rode it yet, I will save that for tomarrow night. :D
I could tell right away that it has more compression, it seems the starter has to work harder. That and when I shut it off it stops right now. Other than that it sounds great.
I do have one question, I was going to put a muffler gasket between my powerbong and the T-4. The problem is the gasket it too thick. How are any of you doing this or am I using the wrong gasket? :confused:

KP's lil'300
11-04-2002, 09:05 PM
awesome, and try not to flip her on the first ride out ( it always seems to happen that way). good luck and congrats KP

oregonrider89
11-04-2002, 10:16 PM
I'm happy to hear it. Once she's good and broke in, Give her heII.

oregonrider89

BrianWrightR6
11-04-2002, 10:55 PM
What all does the FDO 463 consist of and how much? Also who is it developed by?

oynot400
11-05-2002, 06:50 AM
The kit includes, a 7mm stroked crank, 13:1 JE piston and an IMS Hot Rod. I had my head work already done. I may go with his cam later on.
I got by really cheap on this because I got a used crank and I did all the installation myself. So with parts and what Mike did I have about $800- $900 in it.
If you are interested in one of his kits, contact Mike at 740-967-1078. ;)

ChadEXer
11-05-2002, 08:09 AM
Your next step is Methanol!:) That 13:1 compression is a little high for a big bore so I would be careful if I was you!! Tom told me to never go higher than a 12.5:1 on a big bore, thats the reason Sparks motors keep splitting the cases,,,i was talking to Sparks the other day about setting me up a alky FCR and he said they are going to start lowering the compression in their motors to a 12.5:1 unless the customer requests higher!! But if you put alky on it you dont have to worry about the higher compression;)

11-05-2002, 08:19 AM
Originally posted by oynot400
How are any of you doing this or am I using the wrong gasket? :confused:

Oynot is it the stock muffler gasket that your using??? I had order me a new one when I blowed my bills pipe up..:eek:

do ya know what i'm talkin about???

oynot400
11-05-2002, 08:22 AM
Rico, yes it is a stock muffler gasket. It fits over the pb just fine but will not fit in my T-4. :(
This is the one thing I do not like about the T-4 is the oring seal. They just don't hold up. :mad:

11-05-2002, 08:28 AM
Heck man I don't know what ta tell ya then,,,the O-ring setups on mufflers must of been designed by someone with a little bit of idiot in them..that ring doesn't last very long at all..can ya peel a layer or 2 off the other gasket?? I know it has mesh wire running thru it so I don't really know if that'll work or not..:confused: :confused:

oynot400
11-05-2002, 08:33 AM
I will give that a try, thanks. :D

oynot400
11-06-2002, 07:20 AM
I took it for the first ride last night. I could tell right away that it has a lot more pull. I never got over half throttle and I just crused around the block a couple of times. I did notice that even going to half throttle it did not take long to get to 5th gear. The weather was kind of crappy, rainy and cold, so I was only out for about half an hour.
I think it will be another day or so before I get to full throttle, I can't wait to see how it does there.:D