PDA

View Full Version : Keep the DVX??

kellymi
10-24-2007, 05:42 PM
Ok I'm looking for some input. I currently race the young C class in the Iowa ATV Hair Scramble Series. I would like to move up to the B class sometime next season. I currently ride a 2004 DVX 400. It has stock Honda 450R shocks on the front, other wise it is bone stock. Should I keep the DVX and spend some money on modifications like: Shocks Rebuilds, gusset kit, pipe, intake, etc? Or Should I sell the quad and go buy a 450? Oh yea I only weight 140lbs so the lighter the better, and it has to have reverse. Which limits me to the Kawasaki or the Polaris.

Thanks in advance

mudrunner35
10-24-2007, 06:14 PM
may as well keep it. usually in races like that its more rider than machine. because when i ride my honda 350 ute, i'm about 100 meters at least ahead of everybody i ride with. and they all have the bigger 800's with the mods that they think will make them faster.. whatever just can't wait to get my sport. although having a 450 would help, i think it would be a smarter move on your part to keep the dvx. just my opinion tho. im probably going to have sum prick call me down for this :rolleyes:

Z-Rider86
10-24-2007, 07:45 PM
Couldn't agree more. Keep the DVX, do some work to it, and with as little as you weigh you should be alright. Runner was dead on, in most scrambles and woods racing it's more rider than anything.

Speed_MDS2
10-31-2007, 08:33 AM
I agree with these guys. A good woods rider can jump on a 300ex and just smoke average joes on 450s all day. If I was you Id get some shocks and steering stabilizer. These are about the most important mods you can do to a woods racer. Good luck. Besides, the DVX/LTZ/KFX 400's are about as good as it gets for woods racing.

jonridesz400
10-31-2007, 03:22 PM
i dont have a steering stabilizer but if its like a small device that keeps ur steering from unexpectedly jamming ur wrists buy it i recently broke my wrist riding in the woods it a tree stump. good ideas speed id keep the dvx just buy a full system and small stuff for it.

TheNewn
11-01-2007, 06:16 PM
I'd keep the DVX as well. Just get some nice tires/rims for it, exhaust, and steering stabilizer. And a few other things, like rebuilds would help a lot.

Let us know what you end up doing.

kellymi
11-06-2007, 05:27 PM
Hey guys thanks for the help. I have decided to keep the DVX. I know what you mean about those dang 300ex's! The suspension and gusset kit is the first thing that is definitely going to get done before next season. The rest depends on money. Now I just need to get in shape.

JCoop
11-07-2007, 02:22 PM
If you are racing XC you should invest in some Skids and 6 ply tires. After that is done Suspension, Stabilizer, and maybe some hand-guards.

Keeping the DVX is a good idea though, because either way you will have to do some work to get it XC ready.

Good luck man.