PDA

View Full Version : 2008 Team Can-Am Natalie,Lawson,Bithell,Jenks,and more

hasbeenttduner
10-24-2007, 05:02 PM
Check out the home page.

ThePhantomRider
10-25-2007, 12:16 PM
I had known about this for a while and laughed whenever I saw people question Can-Am's commitment to racing or thier confidence in the quad.....all these guys love the new bike, and with all these new riders, is it any wonder why it's taken a while to get to market???? Need to get their teams squared away and dialed in before the seasons start.

TPR

OutlawBill
10-25-2007, 01:51 PM
Can-Am now has the best ATV racing team in the world and a quads that will help them keep there #1 plates and may get them some new ones.

spanky101
10-26-2007, 12:57 PM
I figured that Natalie would be on a ds this upcoming season. One of the majr factors i saw or helped me guess that would be about mid/late season he switched to white plastics. Now it may not be a huge deal but i know that honda support you have to be running the red plastics, or thats what ive been told and sounds logical. Also the fact that on www.atvfourplay.com you can see that they say they have had a ds for a month and are working on parts. How else would they have arms and stuff if they didnt have a bike.

slvrhwk
10-26-2007, 01:14 PM
I know Jenks is looking foward to getting his. Hopefully I'll get to take spin one.:cool:

Dan_Guetter
10-26-2007, 02:21 PM
Originally posted by spanky101
I figured that Natalie would be on a ds this upcoming season. One of the majr factors i saw or helped me guess that would be about mid/late season he switched to white plastics. Now it may not be a huge deal but i know that honda support you have to be running the red plastics, or thats what ive been told and sounds logical. Also the fact that on www.atvfourplay.com you can see that they say they have had a ds for a month and are working on parts. How else would they have arms and stuff if they didnt have a bike.

Yamaha wanted us to run only white and/or blue for a certain time period. I am assuming it's the same for other factory supported riders.

ThePhantomRider
10-26-2007, 02:38 PM
Didn't John also run black plastics too? I think that as long as you run factory offered colors you're ok. So with Can-Am, I could see where they may have Warnert and Epic use one color or the other to differentiate their respective riders in races....or not, I don't know.

Personally I want to see the DS dressed in all white plastic. Have the frame annodized black, white lower, chrome upper Epic a-arms, and then annodize the cast cradle web portion of the frame and red....:D

TPR

spanky101
10-26-2007, 09:16 PM
haha i would love to see that bike your describing man, but im more of a powercoat person myself. Its more durable and imo anno just doesnt do well on abusive conditions.

hasbeenttduner
11-01-2007, 04:28 PM
Originally posted by OutlawBill
and quads that will help them keep there #1 plates and may get them some new ones.

Slow down there.
Lets wait and see how good this thing is at the nationals next season.It may be good and it may not be as good as people are hoping.

ThePhantomRider
11-01-2007, 04:52 PM
Trust me, the quad is that good and when they have the race motors finalized, look out.

Remember, the first win was on a bike with only a pipe, filter and programmer work. The motor was totally stock otherwise and was able to win agains Doug Eichner and his prepped Outlaw 525 which was the most ideal setup for that type of race.

There is alot that can go right or wrong for any team so it will be cool to see all the brands going at it....think about the 450 class, there is the Big 4, Can-Am, KTM and even Polaris.

TPR

hasbeenttduner
11-12-2007, 12:58 PM
2 more DNF'S this weekend at the worcs race.

ThePhantomRider
11-12-2007, 02:17 PM
Due to what I wonder....I'll see if I can find out.

Again, up to this point, the only issues they have had were small things like a wire's sheath wore out and grounded out the engine. That was not only fixed on the race bike, but also corrected on the line. These little things add up and everyone will be thankful they are found here and not on a long ride. If they have issues, they will pull the bike off and tear it down to find the culprit in order to correct it. It doesn't go back out till it's corrected.

TPR

ThePhantomRider
11-12-2007, 03:11 PM
Well, from what I heard, Baker had to ride lap 2 without goggles because the mud was so thick that they were useless and they think he hit somthing hard. When he finally pulled off it appeared that a broken sprocket was the culprit. So nothing more than just race breakage on this one.

As for Josh, I don't really know his issue, but from what I heard there were a lot of DNF's due to how thick and sticky the mud was espically in traffic, lots of cooling issues and even pressure washing every other lap was almost futile as I heard the mud was horribly sticky, again, I don't know if that was his issue, but it may have been.

Anyway, you should check the open forum, reports are that Jeremy Lawson is already 3-4 seconds faster on his practice track on his new Epic DS-450....and they haven't even gotten into bringing the motor up to full power as he is getting used to the setup. Most of his work has been on a piped and programmed motor. He's got around another 15hp to be added into the mix till he's at full power.

TPR

pred174
11-12-2007, 04:27 PM
but none of the can am's even finished the race at pismo either

ThePhantomRider
11-12-2007, 04:47 PM
Exactly. What happens is if there is any issue, small or large, they want to get the lowdown on what caused it before they will send it back out. It's race condition R&D. The motors and trannys are solid, they have just had some ancillary issues that have come up that are fixed. This is directly sent to the production line, so like in the case of the chafed wire, it has been already fixed on the line so that will not be a problem for the customer. That was one of the issues at Pismo, the wire sheathing chafed, ground the bike and they had to tear it down to find the issue. Now it is no longer one.

In the instance of Sage hitting somthing hard enough to damage the sprocket, they will take everything apart to see what or if there is any damage elsewhere, both structurally and internally. It's really quite amazing how much they are willing to do for performance, endurance and safety.

Now it could be said that there is only so far before it becomes overkill, but when I drop my money on one, I'll know it's been tested and beaten like no quad before it. I also know that I'll not suffer any chafed wire issues. :D

TPR

pred174
11-12-2007, 05:08 PM
hey tpr even though this not a polaris section but do u who might b racing for them next season other then eichner..there machine has been performing well in the worcs

ThePhantomRider
11-12-2007, 05:18 PM
Good question and yes, the 525 especially has worked well for Doug in WORCS.

I have heard nothing concrete, though there are those in another thread that have said Doug Gust may ride Polaris next year. Considering his involvement in developing the LTR, I doubt that will happen....then again it's racing and Wimmer and Weinan have done so well, they could let Doug go and Polaris would be a good oppertunity...plus the marketing would be great....

You could have Doug Squared....Lots of trophies and give a competitive force at the WPSA starting grid for Polaris.

We'll see what happens.

TPR

pred174
11-12-2007, 05:24 PM
i was just wondering cause can-am snagged everybody else