PDA

View Full Version : John Natalie signs with Can-Am for 08

GE4x4
10-24-2007, 04:34 PM
Can -Am (http://www.can-am.brp.com/en-US/Media.Center/Press.Releases/1/24.10.2007.htm)

a little write up

Racing SuperQuad Pro 450 for Warnert Racing / Can-Am X-Team will be reigning champion John Natalie. This multi-time ATV champion will race a DS 450 in defense of his 2007 championship. He says he has one goal in mind: "to win championships". He will also race selected ATVA GNC races on non-conflicting race weekends. Natalie is known as the "Ironman" because of his unrelenting strength and tenacity on the race track: combined with the DS 450 ATV, this will be a hard combination to beat.

Look at the other names to.

GE4x4
10-24-2007, 04:43 PM
Didn't see it on the home page untill after I posted. Sorry if it was already seen.:o

Lonestar_R
10-24-2007, 08:18 PM
Hmmm...wonder where Chris Borich is going? I don't believe he will be on a Honda next year. And since Cam-Am already signed 2 big named GNCC pros. I wonder if the rumor mill over on LTRHQ is right that he will be on a Suzuki?

10-24-2007, 09:05 PM
lol so whos on Honda?:o

IOWAracer
10-24-2007, 09:22 PM
Borich is on Suzuki so i heard from a pro am racer. He turned 175k from Can Am

gncc025
10-24-2007, 09:54 PM
Originally posted by nofearrider1
lol so whos on Honda?:o

honda has disappointed me lately. looks like they could afford to renew contracts and offer some better deals like suz and can-am do.

Lonestar_R
10-24-2007, 10:15 PM
Yeah I read it somewhere that Borich was going to Zuki...I love it....I have bought my last Honda...and I switched to suzuki....look at what all these companys have done, shelling out big time cash for these riders and what does Honda do. Let them all go. Good for them. All these ex Honda riders deserved something better

my88r
10-24-2007, 10:29 PM
can ams got a good team for next year but im a little disappointed in ktm. i heard suzuki for borich to. next year is going to be really cool at the races with all this factory backing. it sure cam along way:cool: :macho

JessetheKid
10-24-2007, 11:00 PM
Does anyone know if john will still be on 4play stuff for the 08 season?

esr250r86
10-25-2007, 12:07 PM
They have got all the good riders! Too bad honda didnt give them the support they needed to stay with them! This is going to be an interesting season in all the race series since can am looks like its got riders in every type of atv racing!Im still riding red and dont plan on leaving! Ride Red!

jesseweaver
10-25-2007, 12:14 PM
i think natalie will ein again this year. if he can di it without factory support, he can do it with factory support. what is joe byrd riding this year? havent heard much about him.

gncc025
10-25-2007, 01:48 PM
i think byrd is staying with honda if im not mistaken.

honda will always be my fav no matter what though :macho

TWISTED
10-25-2007, 02:10 PM
Originally posted by Lonestar_R
Yeah I read it somewhere that Borich was going to Zuki...I love it....I have bought my last Honda...and I switched to suzuki....look at what all these companys have done, shelling out big time cash for these riders and what does Honda do. Let them all go. Good for them. All these ex Honda riders deserved something better

Well said. I just finished building my Honda, a short while ago. I'm pretty sure if I was to build something now, it wouldn't have wings.... It would probably be orange..... Honda makes a great product, their rider support sucks. Support those that suppot you....

450raider
10-25-2007, 03:10 PM
totally agreed with lonestar and twisted, i too jumped off the red bandwagon but onto team green, see honda had the best riders, the worst rider/customer support people of em all, but still has some of the best bikes, sounds to me like honda got a little too overcocky and when that happens it bites you in the a** maybe not right away but it will happen.

Sjorge450R
10-25-2007, 04:07 PM
i think this is how honda looks at it...

Spend oodles of money on factory riders and still have the same amount of sales.....or

dont spend any money and still have the best sales.

lets be serious. How many hondas are at your races. Way more than Yamahas and zuks and the kawi's.

Just my .02¢

Lonestar_R
10-25-2007, 04:13 PM
Yeah but Big Names SELL BIKES....and that is what these other manufacters are looking at. What they are paying these guys is petty cash for them. Lets face it these riders aren't getting paid what other professional sports players get paid. they aren't million dollar contracts. Honda has left a bad taste in my mouth and I love it that all these riders jumped ship

10-25-2007, 07:10 PM
Originally posted by Sjorge300EX
i think this is how Honda looks at it...

Spend oodles of money on factory riders and still have the same amount of sales.....or

lets be serious. How many hondas are at your races. Way more than Yamahas and zooks and the kawi's.

Just my .02¢
Yea but how many of those hondas are 06's and up? Only one or two in my series. Those are all just bikes from 04-05. While people go out and buy Yamaha,Suzuki and Kawasaki's everyday.
And damn I dont know how you guys ride those 450r's. I had to race a stock one last weekend since my yfz wasn't working. And wow, handles like a brick, has no balls at all, and is tall as hell, compared to my YFZ when it was stock.

All I know is with all this TV coverage and Can-am and Ktm coming out, Honda better step it up.

TWISTED
10-25-2007, 07:23 PM
Originally posted by Sjorge300EX
i think this is how honda looks at it...

lets be serious. How many hondas are at your races. Way more than Yamahas and zuks and the kawi's.

Just my .02¢

The local district here has far more Suzukis and Yamahas than anything else......

RideRed84
10-26-2007, 03:12 AM
Honda supports the privateers and when they become big names on their bike they don't offer them money but still sell a butt load of bikes. Honda has never had a big factory team in MX or quad and they never will because they let the bike speak for itself. Don't get me wrong it's crappy but the product is so good that they don't need to toss out a bunch of money to a team and join up with an energy drink to get their name out there. I would love to see honda award Natalie, Lawson, and Jenks. But they didn't and I'm sure a bunch of up and comers will ride Honda. I have been and always will ride red because they offer the best bike for me who will probably never be sponsored.

treake
10-26-2007, 07:47 AM
As an amateur racer/rider, what brand you decide to ride should be based on what you like and reliability, not because a certain manufacture is not supporting the sport. You guys have to remember, the Pro riders can afford to switch brands and their program. They get bikes, have a mechanic and their bikes are torn down after each race. What amateur has that luxury. It is unfortunate that Honda is not stepping up like the other factories. Most of you may not remember, but they put money into the sport back in the 80's and the sport died out because of lawsuits, etc., so maybe before jumping in feet first again, they are making sure it's here to stay this time. On the MX side, Honda has had some big names like Rick Johnson, Jeff Stanton, Jeremy McGrath and Ricky Carmichael. We can only hope, that in time, Honda will step up and get more involved in the sport again. Until then, unless you have disposable income, make an informed decision when you make your bike purchase and remember, to have fun and be safe.

OutlawEX
10-26-2007, 08:43 AM
Byrd is still on contract with Honda so he will be on honda

Even in the pro class. The honda racers are using 04-05 models

I know Goodman,Little and Byrd were the only ones that I seen using the new honda's

LTR450_#67
10-26-2007, 11:09 AM
At the Walnut National Byrd was running an 04-05.....Saw it with my own eyes.

billyboy
10-26-2007, 01:30 PM
Wow, did not see that coming...:eek:

maticus
10-26-2007, 03:23 PM
as far as to what lonestar and a few others were saying about how they "jumped off" the bandwagon and went to suzuki or whatever thats fine but dont try to blame it on the fact that honda doesnt have a factory team. if your not riding pro what does it really matter? and if you buy a bike only because of what big names rider them then your doing it for the wrong reasons, cause about every 2 years those names will probably change.

and as far as nofearrider goes, not to really pick on your yammy too much but you did say you had to run the honda cause yours was broke. and in my opinion all the 450s need more power stock thats why there is after market.

not hating on the yamaha i love those bikes.