PDA

View Full Version : Jet Help

DualCammerZ
10-24-2007, 03:36 PM
Hey guys Im doing some more work to my quad! And need some help in direction on jetting!

MODS:
FMF Header Pipe
SR4 Tip
Open Air box lid
And A set of hot cams (new its already jetted for the above)

Does anyone have the same mods or close that knows what there needle, and all jets are set at?

Thanks any help would be appreciated!

drzoo2
10-24-2007, 07:48 PM
You really shouldn't need to change adding cams. That being said, when I added cams it showed just how rich I was. I ended dropping down from a 160 to a 150DJ.

z

DualCammerZ
10-25-2007, 07:58 PM
you didnt have to adjust your needle or anything just your main jet, and that was it? How do you like have the cam's! Im curious how to see how i compare against 450s! How long have you been running the cams for?

drzoo2
10-25-2007, 09:50 PM
Don't get me wrong you may have to make a small adjustment but your not changing your airflow when adding cams, so little to no jet changes. Your just increasing the amount entering the engine. My bike was already jetted for a full exhaust with no lid. At that time I was running

160DJ main, 25 pilot, 2.25 turns Fuel screw, stock Needle. Elevation 1400'

after the cams

I dropped my main to a 150DJ and added the Alba Needle on 3rd Clip.

I notice a hesitation with my original 160 with a bit of smoke when I got on'er. dropping my main fixed the cough. The alba seemed to smooth out my mid. I have an old set of stage 1 hotcams which are more aggressive than current. Been running all summer with this combo. Only thing is I lost quite a bit of low end. Top end is unbelievable!

z