PDA

View Full Version : What to do about angy home owners?

300_14_racer
10-24-2007, 02:11 PM
Ive been riding in my county for a long time but havent much besides snowmobiling for a few years. i got a quad the other day and have been riding around in the country on the sides of the roads and what not (which is legal where i live) and today there was a guy standing at the end of the driveway waving me down. I figured id be polite and stop, to see what he wanted. Right away he starts yelling "whats your name! Whats your name!" i just said why, and he goes on how hes gonna call me parents. I told him i was 20 and my parents arent gonna care but he just kept goin on and on. I wasnt doing anything illegal, i just looked down to make sure i wasnt gonna run over his foot and took off waving my middle finger. Why are people so dumb!? you guys have probs like this where you live?- Holmes

Ghost-Rider
10-24-2007, 02:14 PM
The whole waving your middle finger doesn't make us look like good people...

10-24-2007, 02:28 PM
that's nothing. The next town over from me you cant even ride anymore. This one kid has a full mx track on his yard(he races bikes) and he cant even ride on it. His neighbor is writing a book or something so he called the cops. What kind of bs is that, its his own property.

Villageidiott83
10-24-2007, 02:33 PM
i understand about image, but sometimes you just have to draw the line about protecting what little image is left. wether he gave the guy the bird or not isnt gonna change that tools opinion. F irresponsible riders but the bird is not a big deal anymore. cursing some one out is only a big deal because our society looks at it as innapropriate. but that same society thinks atving is innapropriate. so f them too.

Ghost-Rider
10-24-2007, 03:18 PM
Well i just wouldn't have flipped him off, but i would of made sure he got a nice face full of rocky roost.

07250ex
10-24-2007, 03:31 PM
Originally posted by Ghost-Rider
Well i just wouldn't have flipped him off, but i would of made sure he got a nice face full of rocky roost.

with out a helmet and goggles you could kill or give some one a broken nose like that lol

Ghost-Rider
10-24-2007, 03:37 PM
Originally posted by 07250ex
with out a helmet and goggles you could kill or give some one a broken nose like that lol

Yea but he was yelling at me and got to close to my motorized vechile lol

Kickstarts-suck
10-24-2007, 03:45 PM

so you would rather hit him with rocks then wave a finger at him :huh

Ghost-Rider
10-24-2007, 03:48 PM
It's easier to say the roost was an accident rather than "oh i didn't mean to wave that finger at him"

Flyin-Low
10-24-2007, 03:59 PM
I get into situations like this ALL the time.. Just last week I was riding to the store down the side of the road and some guy came out of his house screaming and waving a hockey stick at me LOL.. I didn't stop because I didn't want a face full of stick, but the next day I drove by again and he came out calmly and talked to me.. I guess some other kid on a quad wheelied across his lawn, so he just apologized and I left.

See, when people come out and in a nice respectful manner wave me over.. I'll go and chat with them and the problem is usually solved and I know where I'm not suppose to ride. It's when *******s come out swingin' and looking for a fight when they get the finger and maybe get dusted out.

I had some dick farmer drive his quad right into my path to try and stop me.. needless to say if I was a gear higher I would have taken out the idiots leg. He flipped out on me because he just "didn't want me on his land" even though my parents run a farm and I'm super respectful of other farmers land.

-Martin

Toadz400
10-24-2007, 04:04 PM
Where's Pappy? He seems to know how to deal with neighbors.

I wouldn't have given him the finger. If he didn't have a good reason for you to not be riding (as long as what you were doing is 100% legal) then I would've just told him so and driven off in a RESPECTFUL manner. Don't stoop down to their level and spray them with rocks or give them the finger. All you're doing is fueling their fire and just going to make matters worse.

Badmammajamma
10-24-2007, 04:20 PM
Our front yard is 5 acres of flat grass. I usually take a few laps every couple days just for the fun of it. As a result, my neighbor hates me:devil: but guess what? We moved here a year ago and he has yet to come even introduce himself, same with his ugly wife. He's always sitting on the back patio of his house reading in the afternoons so thats when I try to make most of my "riding time." Even before I bought my quad I'd wave at him while mowing the lawn or w/e and he wouldn't acknowledge my existence so who cares now. I'll do what I want I'm out of the city limits and on my parents property.:macho

300_14_racer
10-24-2007, 04:34 PM
The point is i was 100% legal, and i am a respectull rider and will stop and talk to people when they wave me down. If there nice and respectfull (rarely) im very nice in return and usually work things out. but when this guy comes out screeming and gets right in my face and i tell him i was legal, i even said i was sorry for riding across his ****ing driveway and said i wouldnt do it again and he STILL kept screaming and yelling at me. At that point i didnt want the guy to do something stupid and i was pretty pissed off so i took off and he DESERVED way more then a middle finger to look at.- holmes

i just hate that these people cant except that they live in the county of a small town where its legal to ride atv's and snowmobiles. Live with it or move the **** out..i mean some peoples house i drive by there will be a old guy outside giving me a thumbs up tellin me to ride a wheelie but then you get pricks like this guy also.

450raider
10-24-2007, 07:59 PM
well ive got one when we moved to our new house 6 yrs ago we thought the term "subdivision" was ritzy, turns out in these parts it just means over sized trailer park yeah weve got the nicest trailer/ house in it as well as the biggest or 2nd biggest yard yet it tears these poor as****es up to see us riding aroun the block (or our own yard for that matter) and heres the real laugh, everyone calls this little ***got constable (if your state dont have one thats slang for rent a cop with shriveled up balls) so when he cant/ wont do nothin and calls the cops they just laugh it off since we arent really bothering anobody so its all good.

Cr85rRida
10-24-2007, 09:32 PM
It's easier to say the roost was an accident rather than "oh i didn't mean to wave that finger at him"

You cant get sued for the middle finger. If the roost hurt him your going to get into trouble. Not saying the bird was the most polite thing to do, however, it was more appropriate for the situation.

derekhonda
10-24-2007, 09:55 PM
You guys just need to learn some manners. Go talk tothe guy for 5 minutes, be nice, understand his point of view, work out a compromise. If he won't budge, and you are legal, just ignore him. When he calls the cops eventually, they might take your side a little easier when you tell them you tried to talk to him and work out a deal (time to ride, whatever) and he wouldn't cooperate then when he talks to them and he informs ofthe roosts or donuts or middle finger.

cbr929rr
10-24-2007, 10:47 PM
In the small state of Rhode Island there is no legal riding anywhere, if you are on private property each rider must possess written permission on them at all times, for liability reasons no one is going to give written permission so almost everyone in this state rides illegally. I ride around home down at the river banks, owned by the town, and on my way people stop me all the time and say you can't ride that here. My reply is that I can't ride this anywhere legally in the state of Rhode Island and I usually take of before there next comments "Than why did you buy it" or "then you should sell it". You have to understand both sides of it and a small amount of patience doesn't hurt either.

Villageidiott83
10-25-2007, 02:18 PM
il tell you u what, i had one incident while riding in my own drive way where a neighbor grabbed my arm while riding, so i hit him. i dont care what he thinks or if im displaying good manners or not being polite. no one touches me. if i had more time i wouldev hit him again. no neighbor or law supercedes that. conversing is one thing, and i will show respect, not because they are older or because i live next to them its just consideration but he crossed the line when he grabbed my arm.

07250ex
10-25-2007, 02:29 PM
Originally posted by Villageidiott83
il tell you u what, i had one incident while riding in my own drive way where a neighbor grabbed my arm while riding, so i hit him. i dont care what he thinks or if im displaying good manners or not being polite. no one touches me. if i had more time i wouldev hit him again. no neighbor or law supercedes that. conversing is one thing, and i will show respect, not because they are older or because i live next to them its just consideration but he crossed the line when he grabbed my arm.

whos stupid enough to grab part of someone or something on a moving vehicle ur neighbors an idiot if u were on a dirt bike probbaly would of fell over cracked ur tank plastics scratched up ur bike and bruised something

bradley300
10-25-2007, 07:40 PM
Originally posted by Flyin-Low

I had some dick farmer drive his quad right into my path to try and stop me.. needless to say if I was a gear higher I would have taken out the idiots leg. He flipped out on me because he just "didn't want me on his land" even though my parents run a farm and I'm super respectful of other farmers land.

-Martin

thats all the excuse he needs, its not your land is it? did you pay for it? he says he doesnt want you there so get off and show a little respect

chazxploder
11-05-2007, 06:56 AM
in maryland there hardly is any place to go, ive heard about Howard county you cant even ride in your yard, no matter of the size, and MD is limited to riding areas that are legal, i think it is all bs

KXRida
11-05-2007, 12:49 PM

it is easier to get out of a simple harassment charger rather than assault.

I hate people that automatically target anyone on a bike/quad. Yea it's not like they're always right.

KXRida
11-05-2007, 12:53 PM
Originally posted by 07250ex
whos stupid enough to grab part of someone or something on a moving vehicle ur neighbors an idiot if u were on a dirt bike probbaly would of fell over cracked ur tank plastics scratched up ur bike and bruised something

haha my cousin was riding his ktm 525 and the guy grabbed his bars. He wasn't going fast so he stopped and the guy was like, I'm holding you here till the police come. Haha not a smart idea with my cousin on a running ktm 525 haha. He about lost his arm.