PDA

View Full Version : Snowmobiles

Jay300ex
11-04-2002, 08:37 PM
Havent really been into them very much but that new Yam RX1 looks so cool. I know this is a Honda site but IDK that thing calls my name =)

Jay

RideRed400StYlE
11-04-2002, 09:15 PM
From my experience Yamaha sleds are way behind compared to some other brands.. Personally I like Skidoo, and swear by them.. I have 4 Skidoo sleds in my garage right now
2 - 97' Formula 500's
02' MXZX 800
03' REV 800x

And they are all awesome sleds.. all I can say about snowmobiling is that it only takes one ride to be hooked for life
RIDE ON!!!!

Bandit
11-05-2002, 12:27 AM
I've been sledding for over 10 years now. I've owned a Arctic Cat, Yamaha and now own a SKi-Doo. I would probably stick to a Arctic Cat they have a all new chassis and setup called the Firecat, they have a narrow track, forced air induction and the best power to weight ratio on the market. Ski-Doo all I have to say is Rev(oulution) that chassis and setup is WoW. I've had a ton of friends ride Yamaha's and the only place they seem to get me was in the dependability, those things run forever, and the RX-1 is unreal. 150 horse four cylinder sled you can't deny that a thing. I would ride anything but a polaris why because a polaris is like a butt hole everybody's got one and most of them stink.

TRX250X
11-05-2002, 08:52 AM
I ride SkiDoo's and think they are great. I kinda agree with Bandit with the fact that I've never been very impressed with the Polaris sleds. A Viper and a Firecat would probably be my next choice of sleds after a Skidoo. They are both sweet. THe RX-1 is pretty crazy if you're into running out on the lake and stuff. They will work fine in the trails, but they won't handle like any of the smaller twin sleds. And the RX-1 is not made for handling the bumps like the REV, Firecat, or Viper.

250exer
11-05-2002, 06:30 PM
Can any of you snowmobile experts give me your thoughts on the Arctic Cat 4-Stroke. I know there's bigger badder 4-stroke machines now, but I'm not looking for 140 HP.

Twiztid
11-05-2002, 06:32 PM
sound pretty cool, can u post a pic of it up?

TRX250X
11-05-2002, 06:42 PM
The Artic Cat four stroke isn't a bad little sled if you're looking for something to tour on. It's a two seater and is not made for any jumping or hard riding, but it's perfect for just going out and taking in the scenery. They bumped the horsepower up 10 this year to 53 horse. That isn't very much at all for a sled, so don't expect a speed demon. The nice thing about using this Cat for touring is that it uses very little fuel compared to any 2-stroke, plus the quietness and reliability out on the trail.

250exer
11-06-2002, 08:55 AM
Thanks TRX250X.

That fills the bill for me.

DGR Designs
11-06-2002, 09:24 AM
140 HP? that would be kool. like a shee' if you only weigh like 80 LBS. almost impossible to control (almost = just rite :devil )

hunda400ex
11-06-2002, 10:04 AM
hey my dad has the new rx-1 we rode it today that think goes like a raped ape. I ride a viper and i am really happy with it. The only thing about it that sux is its stability in the air. MY past sleds have been polaris's xcf and xc 600. The xcf was a great machine only broke shocks on it and then the motor blew at 10778 miles. My xc was really unreliabe except for the engine. The enigine outlasted my dads srx motor. Love the viper 112 mph is plenty fast enough for me.