PDA

View Full Version : Eichner Running Pro Gncc

kymco
10-24-2007, 09:39 AM
Look out Bill B

Pappy
10-24-2007, 09:42 AM
I'll call it....

Eichner doesnt finish inside the top 20!

kymco
10-24-2007, 10:07 AM
He said he would beat Johnny Geee?

Pappy
10-24-2007, 10:13 AM
JG will smoke him!

Eichner best get him a can of monkey butt powder because after two hours on a 14 mile course, his rear end will be down with serious case of monkey azzitus:devil: he will find out why the Outlaw isnt winning in the Pro class in the GNCC real fast also:blah: Infact, Eichner wont even finish the race!:eek:

(I ain't bashin, just my gut feeling)

And if he gets in the middle of the fight thats coming between Borich and Balance, he might find out what tree's taste like because those two are going to run clean over anyone in their way!

Scro
10-24-2007, 10:32 AM
Originally posted by Pappy
I'll call it....

Eichner doesnt finish inside the top 20!

I agree...I've always heard the guys out west wouldn't be able to hold a candle against the East.

OutlawBill
10-24-2007, 10:41 AM
Pappy he may be on the 525S and he sould be in the top 20. This year WORCS had two woods type races he did well in.

Pappy
10-24-2007, 10:45 AM
lol..i wish him the best as i do every racer....i was yankin kymco's chain

:p

i still highly doubt a top 20 in the GNCC's, esp at this race

bwamos
10-24-2007, 11:18 AM
And if he gets in the middle of the fight thats coming between Borich and Balance, he might find out what tree's taste like because those two are going to run clean over anyone in their way!

I know I wouldn't want to be inbetween them 2. I'd be lap traffic of course though, LOL.

kymco
10-24-2007, 11:56 AM
He got a new motor,no gncc racer can hold him a light?

kymco
10-24-2007, 11:59 AM
miller lite

smr
10-24-2007, 12:20 PM
are you sure he is racing the pro class? I was told he may run Vet or ProAm.

gbcap
10-24-2007, 01:41 PM
running anything lower then pro-am is a cop out. even MX racers are racing the Pro class.

kymco
10-24-2007, 02:18 PM
The man said pro!

firefighterjosh
10-24-2007, 08:52 PM
I think the popo will break down:p

IOWAracer
10-24-2007, 09:19 PM
Tim Farr runs Pro Am and dosent really do that good fair i guess but nothing outstanding!!

I bet he finds out the recalls on that new Polaris 525s real fast at this race:devil:

Broc

spanky101
10-24-2007, 10:58 PM
i personally think timmy farr did a great job. it was his first gncc in a long long time and on a completley brand new untested bike. Mad props to tim

ex kid
10-25-2007, 08:51 AM
from what i understand Tim Farr had mad back problems. I heard that why he raced more TT than MX his last year with Honda.

pred174
10-25-2007, 08:54 AM
i already see how the start of the race is gonna go

CannondaleRider
10-25-2007, 09:05 AM
Originally posted by pred174
i already see how the start of the race is gonna go

Although Doug is good at starts......Dead-engine starts will be a bit of a different ballgame for him. I have no doubt he's done them before, but not on a consistent basis.

When is this race? I'll be visiting with Doug here in a couple weeks, he'd probably find the east coasts predictions interesting.

(Also, I have to plug in that i'm always proud to see my teammates Tim Shelman and Brandon Brown in tow right behind Doug. I'm proud of them being in tow, let alone when they holeshot the field.)

pred174
10-25-2007, 09:11 AM
congradulations to those guys

ThePhantomRider
10-25-2007, 12:13 PM
All I have to say about this having competed against Doug in a few races and seeing what he is capable of on an ATV is to not take him lightly at any point.

Will he win the GNCC, I really doubt it. I have spoken to a multi time Baja and BITD champion who did a GNCC race and he said it was a world different.

I think Doug can finish top 20 once he gets his legs under himself and I do know he is very capable in most terrains so all this bullcrap about him not having a chance is rediculous.....

Reverse could be said about east coast riders racing in the Baja 1000.....I mean, hasn't Ballance and Yokely raced this race??? I think you end up riding more than just a paltry 2 hours at a time, without much support and supplies spread out over 80-100 miles and you're running at WOT as much as possible hitting 90-100 MPH over much of the course which can and does contain rocks, boulders, some brush and trees and even booby traps set by locals. (P.S. don't tell me Penland has won countless times, it was never in the Open Pro class)

Will he win it all, no, can he win a race, possibly if his quad holds together, but never count Doug out....just a shame he couldn't have had this oppertunity back in his earlier days.

TPR

QuadJunkies
10-25-2007, 12:21 PM
Originally posted by ThePhantomRider
All I have to say about this having competed against Doug in a few races and seeing what he is capable of on an ATV is to not take him lightly at any point.

Will he win the GNCC, I really doubt it. I have spoken to a multi time Baja and BITD champion who did a GNCC race and he said it was a world different.

I think Doug can finish top 20 once he gets his legs under himself and I do know he is very capable in most terrains so all this bullcrap about him not having a chance is rediculous.....

Reverse could be said about east coast riders racing in the Baja 1000.....I mean, hasn't Ballance and Yokely raced this race??? I think you end up riding more than just a paltry 2 hours at a time, without much support and supplies spread out over 80-100 miles and you're running at WOT as much as possible hitting 90-100 MPH over much of the course which can and does contain rocks, boulders, some brush and trees and even booby traps set by locals. (P.S. don't tell me Penland has won countless times, it was never in the Open Pro class)

Will he win it all, no, can he win a race, possibly if his quad holds together, but never count Doug out....just a shame he couldn't have had this oppertunity back in his earlier days.

TPR

Couldnt have said it better .

smr
10-25-2007, 01:28 PM

TPR

Easy big guy.

You are correct about east coast riders and desert racing. Yokley was on a winning team in the baja.

2001 BAJA 1000 Overall Winning Team

2005 BAJA 1000 3rd Overall ATV

I think Eichner will have a good run and a desent finish. I don't think he will win nut I wouldn't be suprised to see him in the top 20 witch is pretty dern good.

ThePhantomRider
10-25-2007, 02:16 PM
Sorry, I just get fired up when I see a bias one way or another. I have seen Doug for years and have seen what he can do on 4 wheels and even just a couple of years ago was contemplating retirement but now has a reason to keep going.

I mean I saw him smoking people at a local MX track on a Kawasaki V-Force.....clearing huge doubles and tables with ease, and if that wasn't a feat enough, was doing the same on a completely stock Outlander 800.....

That said, what I have heard is that while 2 hours, it takes a tremendous rider to not only be competitive let alone, win a GNCC Pro race.

Doug will be competative and may sneak in a podium....at least now he's getting his just due in the big leagues.

TPR

smr
10-25-2007, 02:28 PM
Sorry, I just get fired up when I see a bias one way or another. I have seen Doug for years and have seen what he can do on 4 wheels and even just a couple of years ago was contemplating retirement but now has a reason to keep going.

I mean I saw him smoking people at a local MX track on a Kawasaki V-Force.....clearing huge doubles and tables with ease, and if that wasn't a feat enough, was doing the same on a completely stock Outlander 800.....

That said, what I have heard is that while 2 hours, it takes a tremendous rider to not only be competitive let alone, win a GNCC Pro race.

Doug will be competative and may sneak in a podium....at least now he's getting his just due in the big leagues.

TPR

No big deal, your just defending one of your favorite riders. In all farness, I would say more east coast guys race the baja than west coast guys run GNCC races. Odds are better for one of the east coast guys to get a good finish.

I would love to see Doug compete more in GNCC.

poogi
10-25-2007, 03:56 PM
I am wondering how Doug is going to do against his former Duncan Racing Teammate Andy Lagzdins ,
Duncan V.S.Yosh?:confused: :confused: :confused:

ThePhantomRider
10-25-2007, 04:01 PM
I agree that more east coast racers come to the west coast for the Baja type events....especially the ultimate, the 1000.

I would really like to see both the MX and XC series become truly a national series hitting all corners of the country, and with companies like Can-Am really stepping up to create the biggest group of teams in the sport, we may get that.

I could see the manufacturers going the NASCAR style route....supply the base vehicle and let them modify it within certian perameters....they are already doing it with their multi team approach.

Compete against each other, share the information to make better products.

TPR

poogi
10-25-2007, 04:35 PM
I am thinking top 20 for Eichner sorry pappy!!:blah: then I could be wrong ,Theres always a first for everything !

CannondaleRider
10-25-2007, 06:55 PM
I cannot stand to see people COMPLETELY doubt Dougs abilities, I'm in no way saying he will dominate at this race, but when people say he has NO chance WHATSOEVER, it really gets under my skin. I've seen Doug ride month after month for almost three years now.....he's plenty capable. NO, he probably won't dominate, but DO NOT count him out. Whether the bike can do it, that may be a different story, but Doug can yield respectable results, even outside his regular racing genre.

Also, not that it's happening in this thread, but I've actually seen threads where people PERSONALLY bash Doug. Not only his riding, but his character...even when they don't know him. Being that I'm good friends with Doug, that REALLY makes me angry. Doug is an amazing person, nice as can be, on and off the track. Never cocky about his championships, or his abilities....one of the most humble racers I know, and he's the winningist racers I know. Figured I'd get that out of the way incase some of the personal attackers pop in like I've seen in the past. Again, not saying thats happening, just saying that I've seen it before from the east coasters.

bradley300
10-25-2007, 07:29 PM
Originally posted by kymco
Look out Bill B

lmao, eichner doesnt know what he is getting in to. tim farr is a equl rider to eichner, he is on a better quad and hasnt broken the top 20, i dont see eichner doing it either

hasnt bill ballance beat him at the elsinore or adelento gran prix 2 out of 3 years? i beleive last year even johnny g and tracci cecco were ahead of him until they had problems

i'm not bashing doug, but i personally think the competition is much stiffer on the east coast. everytime he has come out here he has been average, and didnt he not even qualify for the glen helen GNC one year? and that is a track he had way more experience on

smr
10-26-2007, 04:26 AM
I agree that more east coast racers come to the west coast for the Baja type events....especially the ultimate, the 1000.

I would really like to see both the MX and XC series become truly a national series hitting all corners of the country, and with companies like Can-Am really stepping up to create the biggest group of teams in the sport, we may get that.

I could see the manufacturers going the NASCAR style route....supply the base vehicle and let them modify it within certian perameters....they are already doing it with their multi team approach.

Compete against each other, share the information to make better products.

TPR

I agree. They should split the series and run an East and West (like they do in supercross lights). Then have the finally in the middle of the country.

kymco
10-26-2007, 09:03 AM
Ill bet a full set of hiper wheels,he dont break the top 20 overall!

ThePhantomRider
10-26-2007, 10:07 AM
I think that it's funny that no one on the west coast will question the credentials of Bill B, Chris Borich, etc....but man, when a west coast rider even contemplates racing back east it turns to....oh they can't even crack the top 20.

You know what? That may very well be, but there is a disconnect of respect that happens and again, there have been a number of east coasters that have attempted to race baja with very little success aside from Yokely which I was reminded of. It's not that they are bad riders or can't do it, but it is a different riding environment, you still have to overcome the possible mechanical failure and the rider has to be good.

My thing is that the arrogance is sad because we should all get behind a national movement to elevate the sport.

Time will tell if Doug can crack the top 20. I feel and Cannondale Rider probably will share this sentiment, that if Doug had been able to race GNCC for most of carreer, he would probably be mentioned at the top of the class along with Ballance, Borich, Yokely, etc....for a number of years. I think his presence in the GNCC will only be a boost for the sport, so let's let go this east/west thing and get it to a national level.

TPR

QuadJunkies
10-26-2007, 10:53 AM
I think that it's funny that no one on the west coast will question the credentials of Bill B, Chris Borich, etc....but man, when a west coast rider even contemplates racing back east it turns to....oh they can't even crack the top 20.

You know what? That may very well be, but there is a disconnect of respect that happens and again, there have been a number of east coasters that have attempted to race baja with very little success aside from Yokely which I was reminded of. It's not that they are bad riders or can't do it, but it is a different riding environment, you still have to overcome the possible mechanical failure and the rider has to be good.

My thing is that the arrogance is sad because we should all get behind a national movement to elevate the sport.

Time will tell if Doug can crack the top 20. I feel and Cannondale Rider probably will share this sentiment, that if Doug had been able to race GNCC for most of carreer, he would probably be mentioned at the top of the class along with Ballance, Borich, Yokely, etc....for a number of years. I think his presence in the GNCC will only be a boost for the sport, so let's let go this east/west thing and get it to a national level.

TPR
I totally agree!!
Like someone else said once on a similar topic,give some credit where credit is due. Each of these Pros are ALL good and IMO when we start mixing the East coast riders and the West, the bottom line is dont you think that just makes this sport THAT MUCH MORE EXCITING?Crazy things happen in this sport ,so we really will never know until he gets out there.

bradley300
10-26-2007, 11:24 AM

TPR

its got nothing to do with disrespect, just past race results

parkers30
10-26-2007, 11:28 AM
I'm not doubting Doug at all. I'll be there tomorrow to see it for myself as a matter of a fact, but that said I think Ballance and other showing up at the Elsinore GP and putting a whopping on the whole field speaks worlds for his level of skill and preparation.

ThePhantomRider
10-26-2007, 12:21 PM
Ballance is awesome....and has a huge trophy case to prove it.

Now let's all take into consideration that bill is also12 years younger than Doug....I believe that in his prime, Doug was every bit as fast as Bill is today and on any race day can still give him a run.

Just like Bill, Doug's championships are irrefutable so let's just leave it alone now.

In a one off race, Doug may crack the top 20. In a complete series Doug would definately finish in the top 20 overall.

Put Doug in a desert race and there are few out there that can keep up still to this day.

TPR

bradley300
10-26-2007, 01:45 PM
Originally posted by parkers30
I'm not doubting Doug at all. I'll be there tomorrow to see it for myself as a matter of a fact, but that said I think Ballance and other showing up at the Elsinore GP and putting a whopping on the whole field speaks worlds for his level of skill and preparation.

thatrs all i'm saying. considering DE does those kind of races regulary and still got beat by GNCC'ers, i dont see how he will do too well @ a GNCC that is fairly foriegn to him against those same people

bradley300
10-26-2007, 01:47 PM
Ballance is awesome....and has a huge trophy case to prove it.

Now let's all take into consideration that bill is also12 years younger than Doug....I believe that in his prime, Doug was every bit as fast as Bill is today and on any race day can still give him a run.

you cant even use that argument since they will never race and be the same age at the same time, all you can do is day to day heads up racing and bill has already proven he is flat faster.

another thing you are forgetting is that its been raining at the race track for the past 5 days, and this isnt real sandy soil like you guys have out west, this will be an absoulte slop fest, when is the last time eichner had to race in these kind of conditions he'll see this weekend?

Pappy
10-26-2007, 03:01 PM
TPR, your free to differ on opinion, but unless you have expeirenced the GNCC's first hand, and have watched what the top riders can do week after week, please don't insult my intelligence with a bunch of what if's, lack of atv support or any other excuse you'd like to bring to the table.

And Ballance and Borich's credentials speak for themselves.....only to add what has already been posted about the east coast versus west coast results. This isnt some form of turf warfare, its the way it is. You can keep eichners name out of it, makes zero difference to me....ANY rider from ANYWHERE that wants to come from a genre of racing outside of the GNCC's itself will have severe difficulty finishing inside the top 20 of the afternoon race....PERIOD.

And I agree fully that the baja type of racing would leave those that do not race that type of event searching for a decent finish as well. that doesnt make them bad riders, just like Eichner finishing outside the top 20 doesnt make him a bad rider.

Now, 5 days of absolute downpours have set the stage for one nasty race.....we have 24 hours from now to the conclusion of the event.....good luck to everyone!

(and if you doubt me, I did not disrespect Eichner or any worcs racers, however your use of the term "paltry" tells me everything i need to know about how you view things. Shake off the internet arguement and get your rear in gear and to a GNCC, then we will see how "Paltry" two hours is;)

ThePhantomRider
10-26-2007, 03:28 PM
When Doug raced at Powerline Raceway in Seattle a couple months back it was as soupy as you can get....

Look, you're right, they never will race at the same age level and since we all know Ballance is at the top of his game right now, he should win. But damn man, THIS WAS NEVER ABOUT IF DOUG IS FASTER THAN BILL, IT WAS A RESPONSE TO AN IGNORANT STATEMENT THAT DOUG HAS NO CHANCE TO EVEN FINISH IN THE TOP 20!!! I don't care who makes it, and quite frankly, Doug is a great guy, I've met him on several occasions, but I don't follow favorite racers, I just know what kind of racer he is and what I have seen him do on a miyrad of atv's and it's more than 90% of us will ever be capable of.

Now just for the record, you could get Bill Balance, William Yokely, and Chris Borich on one team and then take Doug Eichner, Josh Frederick and Wayne Matlock, put them in an endurace XC team race and the GNCC'ers would win....switch it to the top of Mexico and see who get's to the bottom and it would be just as lopsided.

I mean really, I read on here all the time...."The 6 Hours of whatever" the "!2 Hours of Torture Endurance Race".....Before the promoter died locally we used to compete in a 24 hour endurance race with 3-4 people per team, meaning you had 6-8 hours of seat time at WOT and the winner was the one who completed the most laps. We took 2nd to Doug and I remember trying to catch him through some of the nastiest terrain you could imagine and whoops that you could disappear into and it was as if he was riding on the pavement. And we did this for no prize money, just a little plaque.

I'm done, you can only do so much with stupid comments.....

TPR

Pappy
10-26-2007, 03:36 PM
true, i will change my statement, he wont finish inside the top 30:blah:

OutlawBill
10-26-2007, 04:32 PM
I with TPR Doug should be in the top 20

CannondaleRider
10-26-2007, 06:30 PM
Just as TPR said.....Doug can ride nasty, sloppy mud.....I've seen him do it without issues.

As for the doubting that Doug can handle 2 hours of GNCC. He runs the WORCS Mains, of course, which are 90 minutes(Or 2 hours in one particular case) On Saturdays, he usually runs both Pro races(Pro Production and Open Pro)....

Thats not the main thing though....he's a desert racer. He's dominated at Baja. I give the utmost respect to somebody who can maintain a fast pace for 2 hours at a GNCC race, but when you run a couple hundred miles of desert, sometimes staying on the bike for 5 or 6 straight hours of the rockiest, nastiest desert you can find.....a GNCC doesn't compare. As much as you guys think it does, it doesn't. Like I said, no disrespect to the GNCC guys....that still a lot of endurance. But Doug has plenty endurance for it.

Pappy
10-26-2007, 06:33 PM
in less then 24 hours we will know wont we:devil: :blah:

ive heard from folks at the track, and it aint pretty:chinese:

c450Razy
10-26-2007, 07:53 PM
Well, iam going to have to agree with pappy and the others.... he isnt going to be in the top 20. Hes a good rider but going into this race Balance and Chris Borich are going balls to the wall (balance to win the champ, and Borich to keep him from that and get back into contention) And uder the conditions? From desert to sloopy muddy mess? I dont think so!

CannondaleRider
10-26-2007, 09:29 PM
Originally posted by c450Razy
Well, iam going to have to agree with pappy and the others.... he isnt going to be in the top 20. Hes a good rider but going into this race Balance and Chris Borich are going balls to the wall (balance to win the champ, and Borich to keep him from that and get back into contention) And uder the conditions? From desert to sloopy muddy mess? I dont think so!

Ok.....Bill Ballance.....Chris Borich. If I'm not mistaken, thats two positions.....there's 18 other spots that their charge will have nothing to do with. Bill and Chris going full out, putting Doug out of contention for the top 20?...that argument has no substance.

Also, read my previous post, Doug can ride sloppy mud....I've seen him do it well on many occasions!

c450Razy
10-26-2007, 10:56 PM
[QUOTE]Originally posted by kymco
Look out Bill B [/QUOTE

I was refering to this and pappys statement (the first two in this thred)... so calm down

and to combat your statement about doug being good in the slop... That may be true but do you think hes goin to be near as comfortable in it as riders that ride in it all of the time?

we will all find out the outcome soon enough

ThePhantomRider
10-26-2007, 11:06 PM
Pappy, I generally have no issues with your observations, but your no better in how you show your biases.

I said, I know of one multi time desert champ that said a GNCC main is super tough, and he said the top pro's were not only crazy, but crazy fast.

Our main difference is that I have shown respect to the GNCC riders and there has been little reciprocated. and that sucks.

I have been to a few GNCC's and am very impressed.... I have also raced a leg of a desert race that placed me on my bike for almos 4 hours at mostly top speed and through some nasty terrain and dust with zero visibility.

Neither is easier than the other, both are distinctive diciplines in racing and both have their stars and masters and I think we should just sit back and enjoy the races....and to have Outlaw Bill and myself to agree means somthing....

TPR

CannondaleRider
10-27-2007, 12:01 AM
Pappy, I generally have no issues with your observations, but your no better in how you show your biases.

I said, I know of one multi time desert champ that said a GNCC main is super tough, and he said the top pro's were not only crazy, but crazy fast.

Our main difference is that I have shown respect to the GNCC riders and there has been little reciprocated. and that sucks.

I have been to a few GNCC's and am very impressed.... I have also raced a leg of a desert race that placed me on my bike for almos 4 hours at mostly top speed and through some nasty terrain and dust with zero visibility.

Neither is easier than the other, both are distinctive diciplines in racing and both have their stars and masters and I think we should just sit back and enjoy the races....and to have Outlaw Bill and myself to agree means somthing....

TPR

I was thinking the exact same thing.

I just never seem to have the ability to grasp how many of the east coast riders rave about how hard their races are, and that we have no idea. Yes, in most cases, they are right....BUT, they also can't see it the opposite way. They all seem to think WORCS, BITD, SCORE, etc...is just easy, because they know how hard their stuff is, they assume everything else is easy.(Not saying everybody, just a lot of people that do)

I know how hard WORCS is, been doing it for years, I know how hard BITD is, I've ran many races, SCORE is an equivelant of that......the difference with this is that with this knowledge of how challenging my racing is, I still never doubt the challenge level of the other coasts forms of racing.....and every West coast racer I'm associated with, high and low level, (not to brag, but this is a massive list) will agree fully.

Seems to be a lack of respect from the east coast, about the trials of West coast style riding.

Pappy
10-27-2007, 03:44 AM
TPR..if you cant tell my original posts were in a joking manner, then send me your address and i will mail you some cash to buy a sense of humor.

For you to get this upset over a joke shows me your just a sour ***. Im not one of your arch enemies that you usually argue with on here so lighten up or I will have this on the homepage just to watch your head explode! (LOL that was a joke , you are way to easy to set into orbit..LMAO)

and we are now down to the top 40:blah:

and before you think up a reply, just ask yourself of one person on this site that has supported every race, racer and promoter world wide...then think about doubting my support of atv racing:) the original thread was about Eichner and Bill B....of which there is no question who will win. You need to take your angst that others may have given you about this east/west thing and stow it, because the only person in this thread that seem to want that point driven home is YOU and no one is buying it! (beacuse we know who is faster:devil: ) another joke seeing you are having trouble finding the humor in this..LMAO

Pappy
10-27-2007, 03:48 AM
lol..i wish him the best as i do every racer....i was yankin kymco's chain

:p

i still highly doubt a top 20 in the GNCC's, esp at this race

Just a reminder for those wanting a pity party!

bradley300
10-27-2007, 04:06 AM
like i have said once, his past races against GNCC'ers shows he probably wont be in the top 20, i think you west coast guys are confusing east coasters looking at facts and making an observation to be showing disrespect.

the fact is tracci cecco is barely a top 20 rider in the afternoon GNCC based on the time she raced A class, she was also smoking Eichner at a grand prix on the west coast which is one of "his" races until she had issues (johnny G was beating him also as was bill ballance). based on that fact that a top 20 GNCC racer was beating him at his own game, i dont see how he will do better than that at thier game. its not disrespect, its looking at the facts

Pappy
10-27-2007, 04:16 AM
Originally posted by bradley300
like i have said once, his past races against GNCC'ers shows he probably wont be in the top 20, i think you west coast guys are confusing east coasters looking at facts and making an observation to be showing disrespect.

the fact is tracci cecco is barely a top 20 rider in the afternoon GNCC based on the time she raced A class, she was also smoking Eichner at a grand prix on the west coast which is one of "his" races until she had issues (johnny G was beating him also as was bill ballance). based on that fact that a top 20 GNCC racer was beating him at his own game, i dont see how he will do better than that at thier game. its not disrespect, its looking at the facts

man do we still use facts and common sense or base our opinions on pure emotion..LMAO

IMO, Eichner would stand his best chance at a top 10 at the Florida round. Its way more open, much higher speeds and would place him alot closer to what he is accustomed to running.

jcv400ex
10-27-2007, 08:13 AM
LOL, this is like Biggie VS Tupac!!! This is some funny chit!!!

IMO, Doug is going to get smoked....

EAST COAST!!!!! HOLLA!!!!

Pappy
10-27-2007, 12:11 PM
1st lap completed

Ballance
Borich
Jenks
Mcgill
BJ Ballance
Gallagher
Sommers
Johnson
Mcclure
Houston
Sturdivant
Baker
Yokely
Bithell

Pappy
10-27-2007, 01:35 PM
Eichner in 21st place in XC1 66th overall

he is close, they are on the last lap now!!!

QuadJunkies
10-27-2007, 05:10 PM
I cant WAIT to hear what he thought of the race today!! :macho\
GO DOUG!!

Pappy
10-27-2007, 05:14 PM
no final results posted, last lap report had him 66th overall

CannondaleRider
10-27-2007, 06:03 PM
21st place.....close, but not quite. lol.

I'll see him Friday, be cool to get his take on it. I hope he gets the opportunity to run more GNCC's. I think with enough practice in that genre, he could be more competitive. I know he's good in that terrain, to an extent, but only races it a few times a year. Not that I want him to split his focus away from WORCS, but him being a front runner back east would be cool.

I expect the "Won't come close to breaking top-20" people will jump on this(and me/TPR) like a pack of wolves, and I guess thats fine. But give him time, I can see him being a factor in the future.

Oh, and congrats to Bill on his 8th!

parkers30
10-27-2007, 06:15 PM
I think most people's top 20 statement was top 20 overall... I know that what I was thinking.He placed 66t overall... that means that he finished behind the winners from all the A classes too. Just pointing out the facts.

When I saw him on the course today he looked good but a dead last start did not help him out any.

GE4x4
10-27-2007, 06:28 PM
I believe when everyone was talking about top 20, they ment overall and not just the Pro class. I believe he finished over 80th. I don't know how his Outlaw was set-up, so that might of contributed if it was wide or near stock.

Pappy
10-27-2007, 07:43 PM
84th overall.

and there hasnt been any real bashing, just east coast ribbing that you west coast boys better get used to if you want to send more riders out here to race :devil:

doubt me again will you..MUAHHAHAHAHAA:blah: (hey west coast folks with a pole up your ***, that was a joke!)

d kelley
10-27-2007, 08:02 PM
Pappy, you should know better than anyone about this since you have seen both series in person this year. How would the GNCCs do in the Pro class in the WORCS series? We have one race in Taft Ca. Nov. 9-11 in the WORCS series. Please get with your East coast racers to get together and race it! We all would love to see this and the promoters will never do anything with it unless they could make money from it. A couple of trucks caravaning to the west coast shouldn't be to much of big deal. Come on Pappy, make this happen!

Pappy
10-27-2007, 08:19 PM
I have never seen a worcs race or baja...would love to though! my opinions are based on watching first hand at countless gncc races for the past several seasons and combining that knowledge with the facts like bradley300 posted. it doesnt take a rocket scientist to figure out he would have trouble breaking into the top 20...it was a very safe bet on my part :p

The problem with a national tour will be two fold...

1. you wont get the large turnouts at each round to start the west coast swing. far to many east coast riders would bail if they had to travel further then 8 or 10 hours to attend more then a race or two.

2. the large turnouts at the gncc is what is driving the factory involvement and if the turn out fell, we could jeoprodize their monies in the series.

I would love to see a large nationwide race , centrally located atleast 4 times a year so that everyone from everywhere could attend, but that is a big task. As far as how would say the top 10 in the gncc fare in a worcs race...

Well, I would say that after a race or two, you would see east coast riders dominating the series. These riders are all fully capable of running MX and XC (Bithell finished top 10 in a GNC MX this season with 1 weeks notice) and then backed it up the following weekend with a win at the GNCC's. The skill level of any top rider is amazing. This could all be turned around to say the same about the WORCS racers, its simply a matter of going fast through terrain you are used to running. I do feel it would take the average worcs rider more time to adjust to the conditions found in a GNCC. When is the last time a WORCS race had a 100 rider bottleneck?

Eichner finished behind the XC1 pro class, XC2 Pro AM and the vast majority of College A. he was roughly 22 minutes off the leaders pace at the end of the 2 hour event. Take those numbers and figure just how bad of a spanking that is just based on your top guy. Again, I am not against Eichner what so ever, and i would have loved to see him prove me wrong, but without more time consistatly running the GNCC's for proper set up of his quad and training for himself...and the EXPEIRENCE one needs to do well at that level, breaking the top 20 overall would be a great accomplishment. GNCC racing is not all about speed....its one of the most brutal racing enviroments known in our sport.

kymco
10-28-2007, 09:01 AM
FINISH IN THE TOP 20!!! case closed and i need that set of hipers

bradley300
10-28-2007, 02:28 PM
i was kind of suprised he did that bad, every time i saw him he looked pretty good but he got beat by the the winners of every class in the afternoon, inlcuding the B classes.

QuadJunkies
10-28-2007, 02:35 PM
i was kind of suprised he did that bad, every time i saw him he looked pretty good but he got beat by the the winners of every class in the afternoon, inlcuding the B classes.
Are you going to try and make it out to one of the WORCS races this year?
I seen you had been wanting to .
If so, def. let us know! :)

bradley300
10-28-2007, 04:40 PM
i would really like to but we will have to see. if i could race someones quad that would be awesome, then i could just fly out, and they would be more than welcome to come here for a GNCC on mine. that hasnt gotten much attention and with my truck getting 10 mpg w/ my trailer i doubt i'll drive there for 1 race. but i'm going to take a look at the schedule, you never know

QuadJunkies
10-28-2007, 04:51 PM
i would really like to but we will have to see. if i could race someones quad that would be awesome, then i could just fly out, and they would be more than welcome to come here for a GNCC on mine. that hasnt gotten much attention and with my truck getting 10 mpg w/ my trailer i doubt i'll drive there for 1 race. but i'm going to take a look at the schedule, you never know
Maybe try getting ahold of some Racing Companies and see if you cant line a ride up ??:cool: Not sure if it would work, but its worth a shot!
Its tough to get someone to borrow a quad to race Im sure. Heck ,we have a tough enough time getting a quad to just last in one piece for a race! lol :scary: :p

bradley300
10-28-2007, 05:21 PM
i know that! lol

last resort is driving out, the toutle race looks like it would be my best track, and mapquest says its a short 34 hours from my house! maybe someone else from this part of the country wants to come and we can split cost.

QuadJunkies
10-28-2007, 05:37 PM
i know that! lol

last resort is driving out, the toutle race looks like it would be my best track, and mapquest says its a short 34 hours from my house! maybe someone else from this part of the country wants to come and we can split cost.
Toutle was cool, I thought Straddeline was even more cool it also had the best pit sections of anywhere in the entire series- I think you would have liked that track..!Both was alot of fun.

ThePhantomRider
10-29-2007, 10:33 AM
Well, the crow I just ate was pretty dang bad.....LOL I figured having seen Doug and all the things he can do as well as seeing various GNCC races over the years, he'd do very well. I gotta say those guys have their stuff dialed in and rocking, though I never did say anything curt in regards to their abilities.

That said, I guess until a top flight west coaster can make a dent in the jungles of the GNCC you all get bragging rights for sure....now get your asses out to Baja! :D

TPR

Pappy
10-29-2007, 10:41 AM
no crow to eat, and eichner has nothing to be ashamed of. i just dont think alot of west coast folks understand how far up the scale the competition ladder in the gncc's has risen, or even can comprehend how brutal many of the tracks are!

QuadJunkies
10-29-2007, 10:44 AM
Well, the crow I just ate was pretty dang bad.....LOL I figured having seen Doug and all the things he can do as well as seeing various GNCC races over the years, he'd do very well. I gotta say those guys have their stuff dialed in and rocking, though I never did say anything curt in regards to their abilities.

That said, I guess until a top flight west coaster can make a dent in the jungles of the GNCC you all get bragging rights for sure....now get your asses out to Baja! :D

TPR
Speaking of Baja... How in the heck are they going to conquer both WORCS and Baja in the same wk end?
Thats crrazy!!:eek2:
I wish I was going to the last round :(

ThePhantomRider
10-29-2007, 10:47 AM
I think that one ends and there is time to get to the next. I think I read that it can be done, but if Josh was intending to run Baja, he can focus on that since he already wrapped up the WORCS series.

TPR

CannondaleRider
10-29-2007, 11:24 AM
I think that one ends and there is time to get to the next. I think I read that it can be done, but if Josh was intending to run Baja, he can focus on that since he already wrapped up the WORCS series.

TPR

Yeah, he could focus on Baja, but I have my doubts he will.

One of my Team Money$hot teammates, Brandon Brown, is riding with Josh/Can-Am at the 1000. Talking to Brandon, it sounds like they are going to prerun the week before the last round of WORCS, run the WORCS race, then head down to Ensenada. Lots of traveling, but they shouldn't have problems.

Also, although Josh has the series wrapped up, Brandon may still be in contention for a better placing in the Pro class, so I wouldn't think Brandon would want to FULLY focus on SCORE. I guess we'll see.

ThePhantomRider
10-29-2007, 11:49 AM
Side note for you Cannondale Rider....if you know of anyone wanting a 2002 (I think) Cannibal with all the updates done let me know. My dad wants to sell his. It was one of the Cannibals that had the Ohlins before they went with the Arvin fronts. Very low hours so let me know.

TPR

d kelley
10-29-2007, 12:00 PM
Pappy, I cant belive doug didnt have some kind of problem or had to deal witht hose fires near his home in el cajon before the GNCC or whatever, but he just kills the Worcs Pro class along with Josh Frederick, and to finish where he did tells me that the GNCC guys are on a another level. I am planning on going to one for vacation next year TO WATCH!, which one would you recommend for a first time spectator?

CannondaleRider
10-29-2007, 12:03 PM
Side note for you Cannondale Rider....if you know of anyone wanting a 2002 (I think) Cannibal with all the updates done let me know. My dad wants to sell his. It was one of the Cannibals that had the Ohlins before they went with the Arvin fronts. Very low hours so let me know.

TPR

I don't personally know anyone, but you might want to post it on the ATK/Cannondale forum here...or maybe the CannondaleRiders.com and Cannondaler.com forums. I'm sure you'd have some sure lookers/buyers there.

Pappy
10-29-2007, 12:17 PM
Originally posted by d kelley
Pappy, I cant belive doug didnt have some kind of problem or had to deal witht hose fires near his home in el cajon before the GNCC or whatever, but he just kills the Worcs Pro class along with Josh Frederick, and to finish where he did tells me that the GNCC guys are on a another level. I am planning on going to one for vacation next year TO WATCH!, which one would you recommend for a first time spectator?

Well, lets not forget he was sent a darn near stock quad to run on, no tire balls etc. It makes a huge difference!

Amen, glad he wasn't affected by the fires and such...that stuff is just terrible.

Rd 1 in florida is a blast, and a very vacation type atmosphere, and the last round is usually a ton of fun and is a tough course for the riders, but lots goes on at that round. The others are hit and miss, it really depends on what you want your vacation to be based around etc.

smr
10-29-2007, 02:03 PM
Well, lets not forget he was sent a darn near stock quad to run on, no tire balls etc. It makes a huge difference!

This statement is not true. He did have tireballs...he totally destoyed one rim and all the tireballs inside.

Pappy
10-29-2007, 02:05 PM
I was informed he did not have tireballs. In any event, it was not a race prepped machine, from my understanding, that was set up for him specifically etc.

smr
10-30-2007, 06:31 AM
I was informed he did not have tireballs. In any event, it was not a race prepped machine, from my understanding, that was set up for him specifically etc.

Most people assumed he wasn't running them becuase of his flat.

You are correct about the race prepped machine. That thing was pretty much stock.

Doug is a great racer and I hope to see him back next year.

QuadJunkies
10-30-2007, 11:42 AM
Originally posted by d kelley
Ya mind picking me up opn the way down??
Ive been itching to make it out there for a fw years now .:blah:
lol

Johnny_G
10-30-2007, 02:26 PM
Originally posted by smr

You are correct about the race prepped machine. That thing was pretty much stock.

Not trying to argue, but I stopped by my dad's house on Wednesday before Ironman when Doug's Race bike was being finished up and loaded...........It had HIS Yosh pipe, HIS fox shocks, his wheels/tires with tireballs, HIS GPR stabilizer, HIS handlebars, and everything else just as he had requested.

I understand many of you are having a tough time believing he did not finish well and there is no doubt that he is a great rider, but when I talked to him briefly after the race he said he hit a few things made alot of mistakes, and just generally got beat to heck by the very very rough track. I never heard him mention anything about the bike letting him down.

Kudos to him for coming out and giving it his best, I will be working at least one WORCS race into my schedule for 2008, and I will likely have a few other very very capable GNCC pros with me. I am not gonna make any grandios predictions, I'll just run my best race and the results will say all that need be said good or bad!!!!!!!!!

QuadJunkies
10-30-2007, 11:59 PM
Originally posted by Johnny_G

I will be working at least one WORCS race into my schedule for 2008!!!!!

SAWEEET!! I heard a few names will be headed over here in 2008-very exciting!:cool: :macho

pred174
10-31-2007, 12:35 AM
talk about a hell of a nice setup with that bike for the worcs race cause he was making that look effort less makes me wanna get a 525s.... but don't plan on it till i see that aftermarket start to grow a little better

bradley300
10-31-2007, 01:13 PM

Kudos to him for coming out and giving it his best, I will be working at least one WORCS race into my schedule for 2008, and I will likely have a few other very very capable GNCC pros with me. I am not gonna make any grandios predictions, I'll just run my best race and the results will say all that need be said good or bad!!!!!!!!!

remeber me if you need more people to make trip cheap! ive been trying to get out there to race for 2 years!

Johnny_G
10-31-2007, 09:42 PM
remeber me if you need more people to make trip cheap! ive been trying to get out there to race for 2 years!

sorry brad no blasters allowed..............jk

QuadJunkies
10-31-2007, 10:37 PM

Theres always two Hondas at each round in my trailer .. :D
lol
Brad, you can borrow Kelseys :eek2: :p

bradley300
11-01-2007, 01:25 PM

its a raptor 250!:mad:

JAKELTR450
11-05-2007, 06:53 PM
i just wanted to set some facts straight about eichner versus ballance in the elsinore grand prix. first of all i am not a east coast rider hater what so ever. i think ballance is a awesome racer and congradulations on the championship. but i noticed there was some false info on the elsinore grand prix info that was posted here. eichner did infact beat ballance three grand prixs ago. it was actually jeremy schell who was challenging eichner that year not ballance, until schell had some type of problem did ballance pass him but never challenged eichner. i was there watching and i remember there being a interview in dirt wheels with eichner talking about it. as for the year after that eichner did not race, i did race that one and i remember ballance lapping me on my last lap, and i must say that guy is damn fast he passed me on the side of a mountain on the outside line, and left me with a nice sent of his vp fuel. as for last year eichner did race and so did darrel patton, cecco, bj ballance and other pros. i raced this one also. but i had people watching and they said patton was challenging him until some thing happend to him i honestly don't know what? as for eichner he had all types of problems, he had a flat front tire and a opposite side flat rear tire and still managed to come from some spots back to finish second. i just wanted to clear that up.

54warrior
11-06-2007, 05:45 AM
Originally posted by JAKELTR450
i just wanted to clear that up.

Thank You, my day is going to be soooo much better now!!! I've been having trouble sleeping lately because of all this.

CannondaleRider
11-06-2007, 09:01 AM
Originally posted by 54warrior
Thank You, my day is going to be soooo much better now!!! I've been having trouble sleeping lately because of all this.

Sarcastic, pointless annoyance are we?

54warrior
11-06-2007, 10:55 AM
Originally posted by CannondaleRider
Sarcastic, pointless annoyance are we?

Yes, that's it exactly.

Not to go O/T here, but do you still have your C'Dale? I sold my 03 Speed several years ago and am kinda kicking myself now about it.

CannondaleRider
11-06-2007, 11:47 AM
Yes, that's it exactly.

At least we are clear, lol.

Not to go O/T here, but do you still have your C'Dale? I sold my 03 Speed several years ago and am kinda kicking myself now about it.

Yeah, I've still got mine. Running strong. Finally got the suspension revalved, and better dialed in, and it's never felt better. I would NEVER sell this thing...even if I were to get a new bike, I'd never sell it. I'm actually buying another one here in the next month or so.