PDA

View Full Version : Rebuild Time

Choreboy
10-24-2007, 08:47 AM
The following items are for my 06 450R that we spoke about at BPG. I will tear down the quad and deliver it to you myself. Do you think I could get an address so I can see the distance.

Fire Red w/ Translucent Top Coat:
Frame & Sub Frame (include Bare Gusset Kit)
Upper Arms (Houser)
Hubs (stock)
Bar Clamp (Houser)

Blue Vein (as shown in color thread) w/ Translucent Top Coat:
Lower Arms (Houser)
Swinger (stock)
Steering Stem (Houser)
Motor Mounts
Case Cover
Head Cover

Molycoat:
Spindles
Brake Calipers

Pappy
10-24-2007, 08:55 AM
25427 is my zip

im about an hour and 20 minutes north of stevens city

Choreboy
10-24-2007, 08:59 AM
Man I didn't know you were that close then I'll deliver for sure. You are talkin about Stephens City, VA right? All yeah howz that toe?

Pappy
10-24-2007, 09:01 AM
toe is good, its taken awhile for all the ligaments and tendons to heal (they hyrt worse then the broken bones...lol)

i pass a stephens city on 81 when i head south...not sure if thats the same one or not?

Choreboy
10-24-2007, 09:07 AM
Yeah thats gotta be it. It's right off 81. Well thats sweet, I'd much rather bring it there myself then ship it.

Its good to hear about the toe and I know about the pain you speak of. I pulled a mucsle in my neck when I flipped my quad in the turn before the 70ft Table at BPG this past Sunday. It doesn't really hurt so bad now due to the meds but I can't really move it, lol. The quad is all good though just one bent tie-rod, thank god.

Pappy
10-24-2007, 09:10 AM
haha well im glad your ok, tie rods are easier to get then a new neck!

just let me know when your ready and we will set a time etc

Choreboy
10-24-2007, 09:15 AM
Well can you give me a price??? I'm tryin to get all the money figured out. I shipped my engine to ATP this morning and should finish tearin down within the next couple weeks. All yeah could you also give me a price to do the colors oppitsite of how I have them listed? Thanks bro.

Pappy
10-24-2007, 09:19 AM
Fire Red w/ Translucent Top Coat: $175 (volume discount)
Frame & Sub Frame (include Bare Gusset Kit) $150 includes kit
Upper Arms (Houser) $35
Hubs (stock) $75 for all 4
Bar Clamp (Houser) $15

Blue Vein (as shown in color thread) w/ Translucent Top Coat:
Lower Arms (Houser) $35
Swinger (stock) $50
Steering Stem (Houser) $45
Motor Mounts $25
Case Cover $20
Head Cover$20

Molycoat:
Spindles$40
Brake Calipers$75 for all 3

Choreboy
10-24-2007, 09:30 AM
Explain this discount thing please

Pappy
10-24-2007, 09:35 AM
a frame/sub in that color is usually $225, but seeing your planning on sending alot at once I cut you a break on it and a few other parts

Choreboy
10-24-2007, 09:45 AM
I'm sorry to be a payne, but what if I wanted to switch the colors what is to be the red be the blue etc. Sorry Pappy. And can you think of any other things that I didn't mention?

Pappy
10-24-2007, 09:47 AM
prices would be the same seeing both require two stages to complete

id recommend molycoating the swing arm pivot bolt, and get new swing arm bearings etc

Choreboy
10-24-2007, 09:54 AM
Can you add them to the price and what do you think of this color combo? I'm gonna cap it with a white body. All yeah what does a person have to do to get BK Performance's name on their quad?

Pappy
10-24-2007, 10:02 AM
$20 is all it will add, not sure on the bearings but worthwhile to do it

www.goforitgraphics.com has my kits

Choreboy
10-24-2007, 10:06 AM
Well, what do you think of the color combo inquiring minds would like to know, lol.

Pappy
10-24-2007, 10:21 AM
IMO...fire red frame and sub, white swinger, stem and arms, with small parts being done in black and fire red. that with a white body will snap necks!

Choreboy
10-24-2007, 10:32 AM
You've been lovin that combo for a long time haven't ya? How does the white hold up to dirt stains? Is there anyone else running it? I was kinda goin for the whole red, white and blue thing. Would there be any change in cost if I let you run wild with your theme seeing how much you like it and all? And how will it look with black hipers?

Pappy
10-24-2007, 10:36 AM
pricing would be about the same, a bit lower on a few items.

the white will do fine, actually better then some of the fancier colors

Choreboy
10-24-2007, 10:46 AM
I will have to think on it for a minute. What is your turn around time like from now till this time next month. I would like to have it to ya within the next month. Man this color choosing thing is hard lol I'm so damb indecisive.

Pappy
10-24-2007, 10:53 AM
2 weeks or less is my goal. as long as its brought here at one time its easier then if its sent piece at a time etc

Choreboy
10-24-2007, 11:02 AM
no it will be all at once. It's just takin a little time due to being my first full rebuild. I've been takin pics and notes as I remove things in fear that I will have trouble gettin back together, lol.

Choreboy
10-25-2007, 10:41 AM
Okay so I think the Fire Red, White, and Black Combo is growin on me. I'm tellin ya I was losin sleep over it last night, lol. Okay so when do I pay you for your services, before or after its complete? Do you have all of this paint in stock or will you have to order it? I'm gonna try to get it torn down by the end of the weekend and possibly bring it to ya next weekend.

Pappy
10-25-2007, 01:01 PM
i have all those colors in stock....just keep me updated on your progress. its hunting season and i rush home from work, and head straight to my treestand:p

Choreboy
10-25-2007, 01:19 PM
Will do Pappy. Good luck on your tree stand naps, lol. I know when I go thats what I usually do.

Choreboy
10-26-2007, 01:20 PM
can you do black with red sparkle?

Pappy
10-26-2007, 03:27 PM
yes, however red sparkles look pink in the sun:chinese:

05Z400rdr
10-26-2007, 08:14 PM
Originally posted by Choreboy
Yeah thats gotta be it. It's right off 81. Well thats sweet, I'd much rather bring it there myself then ship it.

Its good to hear about the toe and I know about the pain you speak of. I pulled a mucsle in my neck when I flipped my quad in the turn before the 70ft Table at BPG this past Sunday. It doesn't really hurt so bad now due to the meds but I can't really move it, lol. The quad is all good though just one bent tie-rod, thank god.

Hey Choreboy, howsit goin? I dont mean to invade the thread, but I was the one who was right there when you flipped in that turn....I was the one that stopped. That was crazy....your front tire like sunk in like a foot of sticky mud and just threw you right up over. I'm glad to hear you're feeling good. It was nice sorta meeting you! :p

Landon

Choreboy
11-12-2007, 05:24 AM
Well I'm almost done the tear down and I think I'm gonna go with the red and blue PC. Where can I see more blue colors. I really like the translucent blue, but I would like it to be a few shades darker I think.

Pappy
11-12-2007, 05:32 AM
the only darker blue that I know of would be metalic blue or something in that line. its doesnt pop like trans blue but its still a pretty cool color. i dont have many pics of it, people usually go for the trans blue but i like dark blue as well

Choreboy
11-12-2007, 06:44 AM
Any chance of having something done with trans blue and fire red? I would really like to see what they look like together.

Pappy
11-12-2007, 06:46 AM
no pics of them side by side

Choreboy
11-12-2007, 06:52 AM
MAN!!! I'm havin a hard time deciding.

Choreboy
11-14-2007, 07:10 AM
Ok, so I think I found my blue. It's Dormant Blue by Tiger #49/40940. I got a sample of it from a local PC shop and I really like it. I also got a sample of the Candy Red, which I also like. Have you done anything with this blue before and between the Candy and Fire Reds which do you think is best. I plan on hopefully completing my tear down this weekend so I will be seein ya soon Pappy.

Pappy
11-14-2007, 08:12 AM
dormant blue on a chassis will have a purple cast. this is why i use a candy blue because its blue and a tad bit more durable then dormant powders.

candy and fire red are almost identical and you wouldnt know the difference between them just on looks

Choreboy
11-19-2007, 04:51 AM
Ok, so I've decided to stay with Fire Red and Gloss Black with a yellow body.
I have everything torn down finally and now I'm getting all the small stuff ready to bring to ya. What is the best way to get the ball joints out of the lower a-arms and the ones out of the front hubs? When I remove the head cover and tranny cover will it be safe to just wrap the open engine with a plastic bag or something so it isn't open to the elements? I plan to deliver the parts myself so do you think I should wrap each one, I'm just worried about them banging together when I pick them up.
Thanks again Pappy for the help and patience.

Pappy
11-19-2007, 07:09 AM
wrapping the engine would be fine

no need to wrap anything if your dropping off

what arms are your working with?

Choreboy
11-19-2007, 07:34 AM
I have houser slicast arms. I tore the boots up on the ball joints pretty bad. I contacted Houser about replacement boots only, but they said they did not sell them and that I would have to replace the whole ball joint(s). All yeah I ment the bearings in the front hubs.

Pappy
11-19-2007, 08:00 AM
there is a thread in the how to section that shows how to get the hub bearings out

Choreboy
11-19-2007, 11:45 AM
I had one more problem I almost forgot about. I snapped one of the grease zerks off in my arm. Due to not taking them out before I removed the shocks and the weight of the arm pushing them against the frame. The threads are stuck in the arm, but they are hollow. I tried to remove it a little, but I don't have an easy out and I was affraid of screwing the threads up and not being able to use the same size grease zerk due to having to tap the hole bigger. Do you think you could remove it without messing up the threads?

Pappy
11-19-2007, 01:41 PM
just remind me when you drop them off and ill see what i can do, shouldnt be an issue

Choreboy
11-19-2007, 01:49 PM
Sweet! Are you gonna be home this weekend? I plan on going up to Dan's for dinner Saturday any chance you will be there? Whats your exact address so I can mapquest it?

Pappy
11-19-2007, 03:35 PM
i will be in deer camp, but the wife and kids will be here to get them from you

84 chase lane
hedgesville wv

304-754-7609

Choreboy
11-21-2007, 06:39 AM
Pappy do I need to leave a deposit when I drop the parts or can I pay ya when I pick them up. I will also make a new list on here of all the parts I am for sure bringing now that I have torn it down, and what colors I would like each of them. Whats your thought on mirror black?

Pappy
11-21-2007, 06:47 AM
no deposit required

mirror /gloss black is good

Choreboy
11-21-2007, 06:50 AM
Sweet! By any chance do you have any hook ups on plastic for quads? Being that I want yellow I will have to go with Maiers or Laker Customs. Which of these do you think is best?

Pappy
11-21-2007, 07:17 AM
im a dealer for Laker, but would have to call for a price. both laker and maier work well, with fit and finish getting a slight edge towards laker.

Choreboy
11-21-2007, 07:20 AM
Could you check on the price from Laker for me. Does Laker have the small (pre-cut) mx race style front fenders? If you can get them and it would be any less to have them just shipped to you I could pick them up there.

Choreboy
11-23-2007, 05:36 AM
any word on the Lakers???

Pappy
11-23-2007, 06:22 AM
they wasnt open on turkey day:p :blah: ill try and call today when they open , which will be noon or so our time

Choreboy
11-23-2007, 08:03 AM
Right on. Well I have everything ready for you to work your magic other then the rear brake caliper, rear mastercylinder, and engine parts.

On the rear brake caliper there is a pain of a little rubber gasket where the shaft on the backside of the piston slides through to the parking brake block off.

The master cylinder is no prob and all the engine stuff should be a cinch. I should have all of this done in time to bring it to you this Sunday.

I run a precision stabilizer, Rath nerf bars, and a Pro Armor full skid. Will either of these conflict with the Bare Performance Gusset kit you use?

Pappy
11-23-2007, 08:54 AM
you can leave that small oring in place!

ill make sure all the parts work with the gusset kit

Choreboy
11-23-2007, 01:47 PM
It wont melt in the oven? Thanks for lookin out on the other stuff. Any word from Laker?

Pappy
11-23-2007, 04:50 PM
nope, the only time it will be damaged is if the part has already been coated and it needs to go to the burn off oven.

no word back from laker today, but thats not uncommon around a holiday

Choreboy
11-24-2007, 05:12 AM
when everything is done will I need to tap all screw and bolt holes or will they be ready? Sorry for all the questions Pappy.

Pappy
11-24-2007, 06:22 PM
nope, i plug all the holes etc

Choreboy
11-24-2007, 10:53 PM
Okay Pappy the following is the final list. Please let me know if you can think of anything else and give all prices please. And please take note of the grease zerk that was broken off in the upper left arm. If it is not possible to get out without taping to bigger size please don't bother due to not being able to get zerk of bigger size. Well I hope this is it. As also listed before please make sure gusset kit will work with Precision Stabilizer, Pro Armor Full Belly Skid, & Rath Nerfs w/ Heel Guards. I have sorted all parts by color in boxes and have everything preped and ready for stripping. I plan on bringing to you tomorrow if that is alright with you. Please let me know. Thanks again Pappy for your patience.

Please Price the followng:
*Fire Red*
Tranny Cover
All hubs
Frame & Sub w/ Gusset
All Calipers
Rear Caliper Stay
2 - Front body Mounts
2 - Rear Body Mounts
Lower Arms (Houser)
Bar Clamp
Stem Clamp

*Mirror Black*
Impeller Cover
Thermastat Cover
Oil Filter Cover
Rear Master Cylinder
Head Cover
Swing Arm
All 3 Caliper Brackets
Upper Arms
Stem
4 triangle engine mounts

*Molycoat*
Spindles
Swing Arm Pivot Bolt
Smaller Half of Elka Dual Linkage

Can you PC the front Master Cylinder?

Pappy
11-25-2007, 06:24 AM
*Fire Red*
Tranny Cover $20
All hubs $80
Frame & Sub w/ Gusset $375 includes gusset kit
All Calipers $70
Rear Caliper Stay $10
2 - Front body Mounts $20
2 - Rear Body Mounts $20
Lower Arms (Houser) $35
Bar ClampAll $25
4 Triangle Engine mounts $25

*Mirror Black w/ Clear*
Impeller Cover $20
Thermastat Cover $15
Oil Filter Cover $15
Rear Master Cylinder $5
Head Cover $20
Swing Arm $50
All 3 Caliper Brackets $15
Upper Arms $30
Stem $35

*Molycoat*
Spindles $40
Swing Arm Pivot Bolt $20
Smaller Half of Elka Dual Linkage (or would PC be better?) Moly $20

Can you PC the front Master Cylinder? No due to the plastic inspection eye

Choreboy
11-25-2007, 06:57 AM
Well that went well above my $600 to $650 dollar limit. I have everything ready to go, but now I guess I'll be waitin. I only have so much for the rebuild and now I need more gaskets and needle bearings for the arms and such then I thought I would need due to not having a press when removing. I greatly apologize but I guess it will be staying like it is unless I just get a few things done. I feel like such an arss for this 5-6 page thread for nothing. I really didn't think it would be so much.

Pappy
11-25-2007, 07:02 AM
you would be around $650 for everything if you did all the small parts and a arms in gloss with no clear (not really needed) and the frame/sub fire red. adding fire red and the clear adds 50% to the cost of all those small parts and that adds up quick!

Choreboy
11-25-2007, 07:23 AM
So if I do all the Black, Gloss Black rather then mirror with clear it would be around $650?

Pappy
11-25-2007, 07:26 AM
I can do everything listed for 650, maybe even a touch less, as long as we change just a few items to gloss black and add no clear to them.

Choreboy
11-25-2007, 07:33 AM
Pappy you are the man! Would a little later today (maybe between 2-3) be good for you? I thank ya again a million times over. When it comes time for my graphics I'll be sure to have BK Permance on there all nice and pur-ty.

Pappy
11-25-2007, 07:36 AM
today is fine, we are not planning on going anywhere...just cleaning up and butchering deer:p

Choreboy
11-26-2007, 05:55 AM
It was nice talkin with ya yesterday Pappy. I have revised the latest list of parts and colors. That is how I want them. I put some of the smaller parts over the the black instead of the Fire Red to maybe help keep the cost low. When you finally have a price set in stone, please pm it to me. Thanks again for everything bro, I can't wait to get this thing back together. I had dreams about it last night, lol.

Choreboy
11-27-2007, 06:42 AM
Well I found a few more small parts that I should have brought along with me when I came up so I guess I'll bring them to ya when I pick up the other. They will just be gettin Gloss/Mirror Black though so it should be no prob for you. Whats your thought on PCing Nerfs, bumper, and grab bar? The Rath stuff I received from my sponsor is all bare aluminum, but boy do these pegs look nice. I also spoke with Laker yesterday in question to them having the race cut style fenders. They said that they actually have them 4 different ways full fenders, no fenders, 1 piece, and race cut. So when ever you get a chance if you could find out the price for the race cut style front with shrouds, the rear fenders, and remember I don't need the hood due to running the Quad Tech Hood. Thanks again Pappy for all of your help.

Pappy
11-27-2007, 05:59 PM
no prob on the other parts

ill get ahold of laker tomorrow

Choreboy
11-29-2007, 05:49 AM
Any good news yet Pappy?!?!

Pappy
11-29-2007, 06:10 AM
I gusseted frames yesterday and yours was among them, it and the other coated parts are now at the strippers:)

Choreboy
11-29-2007, 06:14 AM
That's what I'm talkin about!:blah: Any word from Laker?

Pappy
11-29-2007, 06:32 AM
I chatted with kevin last night late but forgot to ask him if he heard from kahlani. (i got a buck last night and was butchering till midnight:p )

Choreboy
11-29-2007, 06:41 AM
Hell yeah! How many points and how big of a spread? Do you make jerky, cause I really like me some jerky...:p

Pappy
11-29-2007, 06:46 AM
it wasnt a huge buck , but solid for around here . 7 point, 140 pounds. shot him just inside the woods from where you and I were talking :p

Choreboy
11-30-2007, 09:55 AM
NICE!!!!! Be sure to throw some in the oven with my frame and make some jerky:blah:

Choreboy
12-03-2007, 06:50 AM
Any idea when you'll be shooting? I'm like a little kid here, lol.

Pappy
12-03-2007, 07:03 AM
I am stripping and prepping all your small parts (among other jobs) today but honestly, if this wind stays as high as it is that's all I will do (can't afford a power outage during a cure cycle:p )

I would assume your frame and other large items will be ready for me in the next few days and we should be looking at a completion date towards the end of this week.

Choreboy
12-03-2007, 07:43 AM
So freakin sweet! Any luck with removing the broken zerk? The following is the final color choices. If you have any questions or comments... well you know where to find me:p

*Fire Red*
Tranny Cover
All hubs
Frame & Sub w/ Gusset
All Calipers
Rear Caliper Stay
2 - Front body Mounts
2 - Rear Body Mounts
Lower Arms (Houser)
Bar Clamp
Stem Clamp

*Mirror Black*
Impeller Cover
Thermastat Cover
Oil Filter Cover
Rear Master Cylinder
Head Cover
Swing Arm
All 3 Caliper Brackets
Upper Arms
Stem
4 triangle engine mounts

*Molycoat*
Spindles
Swing Arm Pivot Bolt
Smaller Half of Elka Dual Linkage

Pappy
12-03-2007, 07:49 AM
I will attack the zerk when i get the arms back from stripping, sometimes the process helps with removale.

Choreboy
12-03-2007, 07:52 AM
Could you pm me a final cost and who is it that has your logo on file for the grapics? If you have a file of your logo could you email it to me at biscodiscuits777@yahoo.com I have a friend working on them and would like to have BK Performance on there.

Pappy
12-03-2007, 07:56 AM
this is the only thing i have as far as a logo

Pappy
12-03-2007, 07:57 AM
this one as well, but they mispelled powder lmao

Choreboy
12-03-2007, 08:00 AM
We'll pull the logo from the second one. It is gonna look so sweet on the front with Cernics.

Choreboy
12-07-2007, 07:47 AM
Hows this weekend lookin Pappy? Has your back gotten any better? If you need any help I could possibly volunteer on Sunday. Let me know bro, your only like 35-40 minutes from me.

Pappy
12-07-2007, 07:50 AM
backs doing a little better, actually getting ready to head out to the shop and get the heaters warmed up to some small parts. stripper hasnt called and when i was there yesterday he had nothing blasted, just burned off so i figure i will have a batch of frames back monday or tuesday.

Pappy
12-07-2007, 11:29 AM
Moly work completed

Choreboy
12-07-2007, 11:31 AM
I just got half a roll of quarters over that.

Choreboy
12-07-2007, 01:58 PM
Man you got me all excited, lol. The suspense is killin me :blah:

Pappy
12-07-2007, 04:29 PM
lol...use protection:blah:

i washed and treated all the aluminum parts this afternoon then went hunting:chinese:

tomorrow i figure on doing your small parts along with another jobs small parts so some new pics will be up shortly.

Pappy
12-09-2007, 04:40 PM
all the small black stuff is now done....except the valve cover because I dont like the way it came out, i am redoing it.

Choreboy
12-09-2007, 07:36 PM
Lookin good bro!!! I can't wait to see some of the Fire Red stuff.

Choreboy
12-10-2007, 06:12 AM
If I bring my bearing carrier with me when I pick-up the parts do you think you could show me how to get the bearings out of it?

Pappy
12-10-2007, 08:17 AM
bring your new bearings as well and we will get all done at one time

Choreboy
12-10-2007, 08:26 AM
it's 3 of them right??? The bearings that is?

Pappy
12-10-2007, 08:30 AM
Honestly, its been so long since I actually did one that I cant say, but I believe so. If you could, mail it here today or tomorrow and I will have them done ahead of time

Choreboy
12-10-2007, 08:35 AM
I don't have the bearings yet:blah:. I will get the bearings ordered and send/bring it when they come in. Not in a huge rush, just as long as it's ready by motorama. I think I should be able to get all the other bearings back in with the old hammer-socket trick, lol. Any idea when you'll be shootin the Fire Red stuff??? Not rushin ya at all just excited to see it. Good things take time.

Pappy
12-10-2007, 08:40 AM
Well, im in a pickle. I have every part hung up and ready to go except the front hubs and arms, frame etc which are due back from stripping. I could do the small batch or hold them until I am ready to do the complete batch which I prefer. UPS just dropped off a ton of boxes so I am going to look at them and see if there is another job or two the same color and if there is I will build a batch up and have some pics for ya.

Choreboy
12-10-2007, 08:49 AM
You can wait and do them all together. Will you be receiving the other parts back this week? All yeah hows the back???

Choreboy
12-11-2007, 05:20 AM
^^^

Pappy
12-11-2007, 05:55 AM
still sore but im working through it, thanks for asking:)

Choreboy
12-11-2007, 10:47 AM
took the day off and almost have the 250R fully stripped. I'm really gettin into this whole rebuild thing or should I say tear down, lol. I haven't rebuilt anything yet.

Pappy
12-11-2007, 01:29 PM
building and restoring them is a blast.

i picked up your frame and parts today, so tomorrow your stuff is on deck and if all goes well pics will be posted etc. in other words, dont make plans for the weekend as you should be completed

Choreboy
12-11-2007, 01:55 PM
Oh yeah doin the dance...:D

Pappy
12-11-2007, 07:32 PM
is yours an electric start? i had tags on two subframes and the damn things came off and for the life of me i cant rememebr if yours was the e-start subframe.

Choreboy
12-11-2007, 07:40 PM
yeah, mine is an e-start

Pappy
12-11-2007, 07:41 PM
roger that

Dave400ex
12-11-2007, 09:09 PM
I'm guessing that other subframe is mine. lol :D

Pappy
12-11-2007, 09:11 PM
yep, i picked up 5 frames today, and yours was with them so tomorrow should be quite busy

Choreboy
12-12-2007, 05:12 AM
Were you able to remove the broken zerk?

Pappy
12-12-2007, 07:09 AM
I'll be looking at that zerk shortly.

Choreboy
12-12-2007, 12:00 PM
:blah: ... I'm worse then a kid, lol.

Pappy
12-12-2007, 02:45 PM
:blah: ... I'm worse then a kid, lol.

your supposed to act like you really dont give a **** about what it looks like or how it turns out. that way i dont have added pressure on me:devil:

Choreboy
12-12-2007, 02:53 PM
lmfao!!!!!! No worries here about that. Thats why I brought it to you. You could PC a turd and it would... well it probaly wouldn't look much better but you know what I mean:p

Pappy
12-12-2007, 02:55 PM
lol..if i could do the perfect job every time, i would be satisfied:p

your frame and sub are curing the basecoat now, all other fire red parts are coated awaiting their turn. a rough geuss would be around 6:30pm for some pictures......

Choreboy
12-12-2007, 02:57 PM
doin the dance...

Pappy
12-12-2007, 05:29 PM
frame

Pappy
12-12-2007, 05:30 PM
turned out pretty good.

Pappy
12-12-2007, 05:32 PM
subframe

the rest of teh small parts except afew wanted to be difficult and required a second coat of clear. with the dormant powders and parts with recesses, it happens. i dont like it but it happens:p

Pappy
12-12-2007, 05:48 PM
clutch cover and brake stay

Pappy
12-12-2007, 06:34 PM
fender mounts and stem clamp

Pappy
12-12-2007, 06:58 PM
calipers

Pappy
12-12-2007, 06:59 PM
hubs

lower arms, stem , swinger are almost done, but i wont likely get pics of them tonight

Pappy
12-12-2007, 08:06 PM
stem

Pappy
12-12-2007, 08:07 PM
the black and red will look great together

Pappy
12-12-2007, 08:12 PM
the drawback to using a gloss on teh stock swinger is that the metal texture carries through. thankfully, once installed, you never notice it.

Choreboy
12-12-2007, 08:34 PM
I'm still saying WOW right now. Pappy I thank you. I can't wait to get that thing back together and hit the indoor tracks. How did it go with the zerk? I can't wait to see the black upper and red lower arms together. Still saying WOW!

Pappy
12-12-2007, 08:36 PM
zerk hole was rethreaded and new zerk installed

Pappy
12-12-2007, 08:46 PM
that wraps it up except for redoing the valave cover but that wont stop you from coming to pick it all up. (i will mail down the cover when completed if not done by the time you come)

make sure to bring some blankets to transport it all home

Choreboy
12-12-2007, 08:56 PM
Looks sweet! I'll be there this weekend for sure. I will also be ordering that yellow laker body soon. I need to figure out some graphix for it now.

Choreboy
12-13-2007, 12:59 PM
I'm still dancin...

Choreboy
12-14-2007, 09:57 AM
Pappy are you huntin tomorrow? If not would earlier in the day be okay to pick up the parts? I have tons of stuff to do this weekend in order to finish up x-mas and tomorrow morning is about the only free time I have.

Pappy
12-14-2007, 10:00 AM
nope i'll be here. if i do hunt it would be right here so no problem.(i cant half walk so hunting is just me being optimistic:p )

i will have everything ready for you

Pappy
12-14-2007, 09:36 PM
If you arrive and only my youngest son is here, dont fret. Cody stuck a deer tonight at dark and I lost its trail so we will be out in the woods in the morning looking for it. Ryan can bring you down to the woods in the ranger to find us if needed.

Choreboy
12-14-2007, 09:46 PM
right on no biggie.

mx1791
12-14-2007, 10:07 PM
sorry to hi-jack this thread, but just incase i missed something, the color of the frame is fire red right? it looks really good.

Choreboy
12-15-2007, 01:59 PM
Yeah it is Fire Red. Thanks also, Pappy did a really good job on this thing.

Pappy
12-15-2007, 04:18 PM
I got your pm, and replied, but your pm box is full:p

More then likely, I grabbed the zerk and threaded it into what ever arm I had in my hand at the time while i was walking back to box them so I wouldnt lose it, i only had 1:p

Choreboy
12-15-2007, 05:09 PM
Man I can't get the front bar mount for these rath nerfs in to save my life.

Pappy
12-15-2007, 07:23 PM
they are a pain to get in...took me like 4 or 5 tries to get one in here. its like one of those trick games:p

Choreboy
12-15-2007, 07:42 PM
I've tried for like 3 hours with 3 different people including myself and no luck. It almost seems like it would if I forced it, but I don't wanna mess up the pretty coating:(

Pappy
12-15-2007, 07:55 PM
they are a pain. i did have to force it in but once i saw how it went in i was able to take it on and off without force. its like one of those damn horse shoe mind games at cracker barrel:p it only goes on if it is installed a certain way. maybe the guy who designed it makes those damn horse shoes..lol

walk away from it, your going to get frustrated and tear stuff up.

Pappy
12-15-2007, 08:10 PM
place mount through frame

Pappy
12-15-2007, 08:11 PM
another view

Pappy
12-15-2007, 08:12 PM
slide mount back and angle to clear frame, line up and your done

Choreboy
12-15-2007, 09:18 PM
still no dice bro. Thanks for the photos though. I really don't think it fits.

Pappy
12-15-2007, 09:45 PM
if all else fails, i will mod the bracket if rath wont help you etc. im dead serious, even when i knew it went in there it took me a few tries to get the right angle on the dnagle to make it go, and it slides in smooth as silk.

Choreboy
12-16-2007, 08:43 AM
Still no silk here. I checked the box the rath stuff came in and there is a checklist that says the mount is for the 06/07, but it's just not going in there. At first I thought it might be those gussets, but I really don't think thats it.

Pappy
12-16-2007, 09:09 AM
well, i can always fab/ the mount so dont fret, but it will go in there:devil: last night when i took those pics i even had to try 4 or 5 times:p

Dave400ex
12-16-2007, 11:12 AM
If anything give Rath a call to make sure you have the right one. They are great people over there.

Choreboy
12-16-2007, 05:14 PM
It's for sure the right one. I cheated a little with yee ol trusty dead blow, lol:p . After just a couple little whacks on the mounts I slid it in the frame upside down and then just rolled it around to the frame mounts. I know its not good to bend this stuff, but it was very little and once the engine mount bolts are in place they will pull back just as straight as they were. Thanks for the help guys.

Pappy
12-16-2007, 05:28 PM
It's for sure the right one. I cheated a little with yee ol trusty dead blow, lol:p . After just a couple little whacks on the mounts I slid it in the frame upside down and then just rolled it around to the frame mounts. I know its not good to bend this stuff, but it was very little and once the engine mount bolts are in place they will pull back just as straight as they were. Thanks for the help guys.

shame shame shame:devil:

Choreboy
12-16-2007, 05:30 PM
You know its a good PC job when your bending parts before you mess up your coating, lol. Na I'm sure it will be fine. It really wasn't much.

Choreboy
12-19-2007, 06:17 AM
Any idea when you'll be shipping the bolts? I will be sending the nut for the pivot bolt tomorrow. I've been so busy with this x-mas thing I almost forgot. I love the hoidays, but man I can't wait till they're over.

Pappy
12-19-2007, 07:06 AM
as soon as i get the nut, i will shoot your batch of moly

Choreboy
12-19-2007, 07:08 AM
Sweet! Hows the head cover?

Pappy
12-19-2007, 07:23 AM
ill be leaving shortly to drop off and pick up parts so i will know more in a bit

Choreboy
12-21-2007, 05:11 AM
Nut is on its way. Mailed it out yesterday.

Choreboy
12-27-2007, 04:39 AM
Pappy have you received the nut yet? I got my Sponsorship Contract from Laker yesterday:blah: so I'll be ordering the body directly from them. Do you know of anyone that can do good Port & Polish jobs? Well I hope you and your family had a wonderful holiday, mine did but our house still looks like a hurricane hit it.

Pappy
12-27-2007, 07:55 AM
i havent seen it yet but I would geuss it wil be here today. Valve cover is back and done so if the nnut arrives I can go ahead and run a batch of moly etc.

yep, good holiday, worked right through it:p

Choreboy
12-30-2007, 06:35 AM
Did the nut ever show its face???

Pappy
12-30-2007, 05:42 PM
yes sir ...and i will ahve it done tomorrow and the last few parts will be on their way back home!!

Choreboy
01-03-2008, 05:23 PM
Do you need my address for mailing the parts or do you have it??? My adress is:

806 Martin Street
Stephens City, VA 22655

Pappy
01-03-2008, 05:28 PM
i need your name tho!!

i have 2 molys jobs hung up and ready to shoot. im off tomorrow and those 3 jobs (including kevins muzzleloader) are on deck:p

Choreboy
01-04-2008, 01:47 PM
Bradley Phillips

Pappy
01-04-2008, 01:51 PM
phillips...i couldnt remember to save my rear

parts are done and will ship tomorrow for you!

Choreboy
01-05-2008, 11:00 AM
Sweet! What would be the best way to remove springs on shox? I wanna clean those elkas up a bit before I ship them out to be rebuilt by Derisi. I got the Lakers ordered yesterday and should have them in about 3 weeks. The rebuild is on hold waiting for the new bearings for the a-arms. Other then that all is going great and should be complete in time for Motorama. Can you get any deals on graphics?

Pappy
01-05-2008, 04:16 PM
no i sure cant, i pay the same as everyone else on graphics.

springs...back pre load way off, turn shock upside down, pull downward on springs, remove retaining plate.

hell yeah..cant wait to see the beast rip!!

Choreboy
01-14-2008, 06:33 AM
I received the head cover and bolts last Monday and they look sweet.

I was wondering if you would have time to modify the front fender mounts and re-coat them. If it makes it easier you could do them gloss black rather then fire red. I'm also going to send you my seat latch and a couple other small items to moly.

I am having a hell of a time with the peg mount bolt holes. Its almost like the end of the holes are stripped or something and it doesn't allow them to mount completly. I mean you can hardly fit a piece of paper between the peg and mount, but if it's not flush with the frame it flexs and that worries me. My buddy is going to get a tap today to see if cleaning out the threads helps at all. Have you ever tapped these holes bigger?

Pappy
01-14-2008, 08:08 AM
send the mounts when you can

there could be powder at the end of the bung for the peg,, or it could be dirt and debris that is dislodged when the frame is cured(mud can get hard as a rock) it is also ok to sand the area to bare metal where the peg meets the frame(we do this on our frames when we build them so a better fit is achieved especially when multi stage powders are used)

Choreboy
01-15-2008, 06:03 AM
Pappy if I were to bring all three of my Elkas there could we tear them down completly? Afterwards could you Molykote the bodies of them for me and then ship them to Derisi to have them rebuilt? If you can do this what would the cost be.

Pappy
01-15-2008, 06:28 AM
we can, but it would be done backwards. send them to derisi, he will tear them down completely and send me the paqrst to be coated, then i send them back to him

Choreboy
01-15-2008, 06:29 AM
and the cost would be???

Choreboy
01-15-2008, 06:35 AM
and the cost would be??? What are your thoughts on doing this? What I mean is this something you would advise doing or just leave them with the stock finish?

Choreboy
01-15-2008, 06:35 AM
and the cost would be??? What are your thoughts on doing this? What I mean is this something you would advise doing or just leave them with the stock finish?

Pappy
01-15-2008, 06:43 AM
id say around $35 a shock

and i wouldnt do it unless the stock finish was looking beat or you really wanted the color change.

Choreboy
01-20-2008, 06:32 PM
Pappy do you have an 06 trx450r frame there with gussets so you can cut in thos front fender mounts of mine? I will be sending them tomorrow with seat latch to be molykoted. How does molykote hold up on the rear brake pedal and shifter? I also have a used thumb throttle I purchased on the forum on it's way to you that I would like to have gloss black.

Well she is really lookin good now and after talkin about the engine to everybody I think I'm goin with a CP 13.5:1 race piston and either a hotcams stage 2 or a web cam. After me and Zach drop that in we're gonna meet up with your bro and get these beast dyno tuned. Man I can't wait:blah:

Pappy
01-20-2008, 07:14 PM
yep, i can notch them for you

moly will scuff on the brake lever just like pc, you would need a hard anodizing or chrome to last any longer then what pc does. (easy enough to redo when needed)

10-4 on getting it all finished!

Choreboy
01-22-2008, 05:27 AM
Front body mounts and seat latch are on their way to ya. After notching the front body mounts just coat them with gloss black and molykote the seat latch please.

Whats your brothers name here on the forum???

Are you and the boys going to Motorama?

Pappy
01-22-2008, 11:28 AM
KH426 is his user name

No motorama, we have to get quads built and keep caught up on work, our season starts march 1st in florida:p

Choreboy
01-22-2008, 12:17 PM
Lucky Arss:blah:

Choreboy
01-24-2008, 02:13 PM
Pappy have the body mounts and seat latch made it to ya yet???
The chassis will be done this weekend and the motor next week. Then it's off to the dyno for some tuning. Between your brother, Zach, and myself I'm sure we can do it right. LMAO!!!!!!!

Choreboy
01-28-2008, 09:50 AM
^^^:p

Pappy
01-28-2008, 03:56 PM
mounts are done, ill try and knoc the seat latch out on wednesday so you will have evrything by the weekend.

Choreboy
01-28-2008, 06:27 PM
Thanks bro! It won't be long now:blah:

Choreboy
02-04-2008, 05:04 AM
Pappy have you shipped the parts?

Pappy
02-04-2008, 05:59 AM
no i sure havent. the brackets are ready but i have not had time to do a batch of moly. if you want it pc'd i can do the latch tonight but moly will be a day or two more yet. (i have to clear out all this bare metal in the shop and have the doors open afterwards to ventilate (contains lead) and just havent been able to get to that point.

Choreboy
02-04-2008, 06:11 AM
I will wait for the moly. I am affraid the latch will not work correctly with pc. The spring that is. With the moly it will all still work the same.

Choreboy
02-11-2008, 07:00 AM
Have the parts shipped yet?

Pappy
02-11-2008, 04:46 PM
they are done and were ready to ship, but i havent been getting home early enough to see what left etc. there isnt anything here for you now so i would say it shipped either friday or today