PDA

View Full Version : which wheels.. douglas .190 or itp .190 t-9?

soda7o
10-24-2007, 07:05 AM
lookin to replace my current wheels.... currently have douglas .190 but they are all bent (mostly caus eof my mx tires but the rough terrain i ride) so i am getting new tires (biiger) and new rims...
looking at douglas .190
or ITP .190 T-9

price diff is about 20 to 30 dollars... just really looking for feed back
how are the rims compared to each other?
which one is more durable? ( i rider alot of rocky XC terrain)Quality?
any other feed back is also appriciated

bwamos
10-24-2007, 07:20 AM
The T-9's have a rolled lip. They are a bit stronger at the outside edges.

You may want to look at some rims with reinforcing rings though if you're in a lot of rocky stuff.

Ruby Soho
10-24-2007, 07:39 AM
i have t-9's. they hold up great. i bent one of them because i slid into a rock, but that was pretty hard, would have bent anything

04TRX400EX
10-25-2007, 02:42 PM
I don't have personal experience with the ITP's though I do with the Douglas and I would strongly advise you to go with DWT. I know numerous people on here and in person that have bent multiple ITP rims, even the GP series with the rolled lip. To me anyways, I hear a lot more negatives regarding ITP wheels than I ever do about DWT.

04TRX400EX
10-25-2007, 02:43 PM
Originally posted by bwamos
The T-9's have a rolled lip. They are a bit stronger at the outside edges.

You may want to look at some rims with reinforcing rings though if you're in a lot of rocky stuff.

The regular T9's do not have a rolled lip. Only the GP versions do.

soda7o
10-25-2007, 03:12 PM
well i went ahead and got the Balck ITP rims and kenda Klaws XC

the price diff was only 20 bucks itp black VS the Douglas and 10 dollars diff itp polished vs douglas

i also currently have 2 font and 4 rear doglas 190 rims, so if i have to i can switch. but my experience with douglas is that they bend, granted i am runnign an MX set up with lower profile tires and riding on XC terrain that is rocky. thisis why i am upgrading to bigger tires on these new rims. even tho my douglas rims are bent and dinged up they still hold the tire and air fine and not that i have a second set of rims i can take them off the quad and straighten them all out...