PDA

View Full Version : Wow... I got hit freaking hard!

Flyin-Low
10-23-2007, 08:03 PM
I was in a crash quite a while ago (July 4th) and I had to find the helmet I was wearing during because the insurance company is taking it.. to "properly destroy it so no one else can wear it"

Well, I never thought to do this before because there is NO damage to the outer shell other than where it broke on my collar bone..

So I took the foam out of the inside of my Fox Whitewall.. to find this huge crack right down the middle.

I feel so lucky that I walked away from this crash with no brain damage.. just a 3rd degree concussion.

mudrunner35
10-23-2007, 08:04 PM
oh sh!!!!!t dude. you are one lucky S.O.B.

Flyin-Low
10-23-2007, 08:08 PM
Oh and btw.. to the right is the front of the helmet.. the huge crack would be right in the middle of your head just above the forehead.

-Martin

Ghost-Rider
10-23-2007, 08:09 PM
Ouchy !

Mellow Yellow
10-24-2007, 11:20 AM
Dayamn!!!
Guess you got your moneys worth out of that helmet. Glad you're OK.

Slinky
10-24-2007, 02:00 PM
i believe the helmet is made to do that...it lessens the blow to your head by cracking. Insurance going to pay for a new helmet for you?

hungus07trx400
10-24-2007, 02:21 PM
Good thing you had the helmet on. So many ride without them. Last weekend i went over the bars on a jump, and the quad did a complete front flip after bouncing off the front tires, and the rear skid plate for the brake rotor landed on my head, and stayed there, propping the rear end up like a jack. Luckily my friend was there to pull it off. The Helmet is destroyed, but my head was fine. I will never even THINK of riding without one now.

tar
10-24-2007, 05:34 PM
Originally posted by hungus07trx400
Good thing you had the helmet on. So many ride without them. Last weekend i went over the bars on a jump, and the quad did a complete front flip after bouncing off the front tires, and the rear skid plate for the brake rotor landed on my head, and stayed there, propping the rear end up like a jack. Luckily my friend was there to pull it off. The Helmet is destroyed, but my head was fine. I will never even THINK of riding without one now.

Where did this happen at?

BlaineKaiser450
10-24-2007, 05:40 PM
Originally posted by Ghost-Rider
Ouchy !

Flyin-Low
10-24-2007, 06:03 PM
Originally posted by Slinky
i believe the helmet is made to do that...it lessens the blow to your head by cracking. Insurance going to pay for a new helmet for you?

Yeah, I'm getting a sweet deal on it too.. I'm good friends with a guy who owns a dealership, so I only payed $290 for it.. and the list price was $380 + tax, and that's what they are paying me for it!!

yeah, helmets are suppose to spider web crack.. but no like that.

-Martin

hungus07trx400
10-24-2007, 11:47 PM
It happened on my property up in Newport NH. 100 acres of trails and jumps and all sorts of stuff. Im just glad I had my friend up there, he'd never ridden a quad before, so he wasn't bummed out that i stuck him on a 350 grizzly =)

LeGaCyGiAnT124
10-25-2007, 01:10 AM
Wow man you are lucky as well as I am lucky too. Quads are a very very dangerous sport but yet we still ride them, idk what it is about them that makes them so fun. I recently had a head on collision with a pickup truck going 4th wfo. He was right around the corner from where I was going an boom im knocked out. I woke up and felt really dizzy, a hospital trip later and i had a concussion, broken wrist, and a broken ankle. It could have definantly been worse. I thank god for looking down on me that day. Sorry for my rant, just glad your doing ok.

CannondaleRider
10-25-2007, 01:20 AM
It did it's job.

Helmets are only supposed to take one hit....they crack and compress the inner shell, and it no longer will cushion another blow.

I'm currently running a helmet with a hit on both sides....I NEED a new helmet, but it's so hard to put out the cash for a new helmet all the time. Worries me everytime I ride. :ermm:

New helmet, and a Leatt brace.....thats the focus right now.

trick450r
10-25-2007, 09:59 AM
is the v3 pro pilot? because i've had 5 of those helmets all broken lol...those things can take a hit, one of mine i broke the chin part OFF. another the chin is cracked on both sides and flexs. Good thing i get them for free.