PDA

View Full Version : spark plug

mineralgrey01gt
10-23-2007, 07:35 PM
after my moter blue up sat i notcied my plug was a primer gray color and the top of the piston was just like the first one bits of ring was beatting against the head and both cylenders was scared in the same place and the exhaust ports was scared in the same place on both cylenders and the crank barrings dont have any play in them and the crank dont have any play can some one explain what is going own with this are has anyone had this happen to them.

EXtreme-
10-23-2007, 08:16 PM
you're beating a dead horse. we've asked you to post pics of the piston, cyl, and plug

mineralgrey01gt
10-23-2007, 08:18 PM
thats my brother under my name. He doesnt know how to post any of that stuff, so ill get the pics when I go down by his house and post them up.

EXtreme-
10-23-2007, 08:34 PM
while you're at it, remove your air filter and take a paper towel and do a swipe inside the intake boot to check for dirt/grit mixed in with a taste of filter oil. you may have had a failure at the interior or exterior hose clamp connection. They're known for kinking and creating a lovely hole to suck in dirt.

Also, take off the magneto cover and try to jiggle your flywheel up and down. It should have NO play at all. If it does, you main's are toast.

Same with the rod bearings....NO up and down play at all, or replace it.

you have more than a plug issue. it's no coincidence that you blew two topends back to back with identical markings.

mineralgrey01gt
10-23-2007, 08:36 PM
I can tell you this without even looking at the 4 wheeler since I know he didnt clean the filter. The filter is filthy. There is a TON of dirt in it

86 Quad R
10-24-2007, 06:53 AM
.....and did you know this prior to allowing him to bolt the recent(your)top end on there? :eek2:

mineralgrey01gt
10-24-2007, 10:58 AM
i havent been down to my parents house in 2 weeks and he blew the 2nd one up last week. He has been saying that he was going to clean it, but I take it he still hasnt. O yea, and the filter is on the bike in a weird way. It has a HUGE intake tube and the filter is actually made for a car (autozone filter). I suggested that he change that out. The filter actually comes out right under the rear fenders where the grab bar bolts up and it doesnt have any kind of cover stopping the dirt, mud, water, etc from getting to it

atvmxr
10-24-2007, 12:58 PM
:eek2:

I want some pics of that intake set up! :D

I know when I got my first R in ~95 I went through about 3 pistons before I finally figured out that the needle bearings on the big end of the rod were going out. If I recall correctly, there was only a needle bearing or two that got loose initially so the first couple times it had minimal slop. Only after the third time, enough needle bearings went out that the rod had some slop....

mineralgrey01gt
10-24-2007, 01:07 PM
lol i will get some. Since this is both of our first experiences with 250r's they have us a little weary about them but im sure its nothing too major. Ill tell him to check all of that stuff and see whats up with it. Thanks for all the help everyone

Ill be getting my motor soon enough and then ill be able to finally ride mine!