PDA

View Full Version : Belt ?

kenjolly
10-23-2007, 07:23 PM
well we got to run the black widow a few laps Sat. night. I am very impressed with the metrakit motor and the elka DC suspension. But after about 3 laps the belt came apart.What belt are you guys running and do they hold up to the power gain.

I did manage to get 1 pic

http://i207.photobucket.com/albums/bb133/kenjolly/DSC00012.jpg

jetmedic
10-23-2007, 07:46 PM
Ken, Its not the power shredding belts. What kind of variator and rear pulley are you using? Its definetly in the clutching.

Nichols Atvs
10-23-2007, 07:54 PM
Jetmedic any sugestions on what to use im going to have the same issue when i get mine together as well.

jetmedic
10-23-2007, 07:59 PM
Malossi Overrange variator and rear pulley. I have tried it all and spent 4 times as much on stuff I will never use. Get it and be done with it. 6.2 rollers and 1500 spring in the rear. Ask Andyman17dad he got it.

drr5
10-23-2007, 08:17 PM
ken the roller weights are to heavy for the stock set up 1500 spring and 3 gram rollers

raidernut
10-23-2007, 09:34 PM
gary check your in box

jetmedic
10-24-2007, 10:42 AM
PM sent

jetmedic
10-24-2007, 10:44 AM
DRR5 Overrange variator is a whole differnt animal than your typical variator. Believe it 6.2 is what to use.

Andyman17dad
10-24-2007, 11:11 AM
Yup! ;)

If you try to use the rollers that come with the Mallossi kit, the bike won't even move. (comes with 3.2 and 3.8) And, of course, they are a different size than the normal rollers, much bigger. You will also need the right size belt for the Mallossi kit to work as well. If you get it from the "DRR Bull- Dog" in Florida, he knows what belt to send.

camsdad
10-24-2007, 04:06 PM
heat...the track was very soft and wet....tell the rider to give the clutches and belt a break in the corners...the belt was slipping on the 2nd lap....this track will eat belts in those conditions (more corners than straights)

BradLoomis
10-24-2007, 07:55 PM
Heat is the killer in these mini's especially in the muddy conditions that put extra strain on the clutch.

The 03' Predators has a crossover tube (#35 : part # 0450707 : description DUCT-11345-151-000 : price 10.91)
http://www.partsland.com/atv03scrambler90crankcase.gif
that will take air from the stator side and blow it into the crankcase side of a sealed side cover. You can also take a tube a put it into the starter hole and do the same thing, but only if you have removed the electrical starter motor.
It is not listed, but you will also want to install a tube out of the top rear of it to let the heat escape. It is on the 03' Predator, but I can't find the part # for it.
http://i216.photobucket.com/albums/cc52/X-Stream_Composites/IMG_0432.jpg
With this sealed setup, it will keep the mud and water out but get cool air into the clutch. Also the higher the stall speed, the more heat the clutch will make.

dblacks
10-25-2007, 06:49 AM
Originally posted by jetmedic
Malossi Overrange variator and rear pulley. I have tried it all and spent 4 times as much on stuff I will never use. Get it and be done with it. 6.2 rollers and 1500 spring in the rear. Ask Andyman17dad he got it.

Trust the jet Medic, he knows what it needs,he has run metrakit far longer than most at least up here in the northeast. The stock stuff wont hold up to the RPM's the bike is making

bulldogfallon
10-25-2007, 10:37 PM
Great info Brad!!! I think I will be installing a couple of vents this weekend!!! Another great post...What else you gonna got for show and tell? You can also PM me so I have a little headstart on my buddies...I'll share it with them next week ;)

We are running an adjustable rear pully from KB Performance, a stock 90cc belt, stock variator with some custom tweaking by DRR5.....3.2 gr rollers....2K Malossi Torque, 2k Clutch Spring, stock clutch

Our quad runs strong....I believe it is the fastest 70 so far(in our area)...compliments of Dusty and Pat/ Cheater MX.

PE24mm Carb and PVL...Stock MK Kit (no porting or buming of compression)...V Force 3 Reeds 21Tfront 30T rear

I briefly tried the PWK28, but it didn't feel as strong (didn't spend much time with the jettign though)

My overange kit will be here early next week....I'll post my findings..

Wish I could run it next to an NEATV MK70 to know where we really are....

jetmedic
10-26-2007, 06:59 AM
Come on up were waiting for you. We will be in NY this weekend and NJ on Nov 11.

kenjolly
10-26-2007, 08:22 AM
with the 3.2 rollers im running the stall speed is very high is that also creating more heat. also with the overrange kit and 6.2 rollers will that lower the stall speed and thus belt temp should be lower.

im trying to lern just be patiant,if you can make a mechanic of me thiers hope for everyone of us new guy's.

Nichols Atvs
10-26-2007, 09:50 AM
Ken Did you try the written test that tireman43 was supose to take if you did you may make engine tec 2 as well.

kenjolly
10-26-2007, 12:20 PM
I started taking the test but after the first beer i forgot what i was doing , so i just kept drinking.

tireman43
10-26-2007, 12:50 PM
Originally posted by kenjolly
I started taking the test but after the first beer i forgot what i was doing , so i just kept drinking.

LOL...:D

I printed it so I could take my time and get it correct, but my dog ate it.:p If I wait about 3 hrs I can finish it though.:eek:

Nichols Atvs
10-26-2007, 02:09 PM
You could still pass .

Bonus Question.

How many beers in a six pack ?

Now take your time, you can use the phone a freind option on this one but only one call please.

BradLoomis
10-26-2007, 02:48 PM
Originally posted by bulldogfallon
Great info Brad!!! I think I will be installing a couple of vents this weekend!!! Another great post...What else you gonna got for show and tell? You can also PM me so I have a little headstart on my buddies...I'll share it with them next week ;)

We are running an adjustable rear pully from KB Performance, a stock 90cc belt, stock variator with some custom tweaking by DRR5.....3.2 gr rollers....2K Malossi Torque, 2k Clutch Spring, stock clutch

Our quad runs strong....I believe it is the fastest 70 so far(in our area)...compliments of Dusty and Pat/ Cheater MX.

PE24mm Carb and PVL...Stock MK Kit (no porting or buming of compression)...V Force 3 Reeds 21Tfront 30T rear

I briefly tried the PWK28, but it didn't feel as strong (didn't spend much time with the jettign though)

My overange kit will be here early next week....I'll post my findings..

Wish I could run it next to an NEATV MK70 to know where we really are....

No problem for the info Gary. I never kept any secrets when we were racing mini's... and I don't plan on taking any with me now that i am working my way out of them.
I hope you find what you are looking for with the over range pulley system. I found that it was heavier, which hurt moment of inertia snap, and it didn't have the travel of my stock style clutch sheeve. Plus I can get a faster tranny input speed because the belt can dive deeper into the rear sheeve than on the over range system.
I am working on a friends 70 now modifying the front variator for 2.7 mm more travel, as you probably know, it isn't the same as the 90's that I am used to.
But if I can help you any... you know how to get a hold of me.

QuadJunkies
10-28-2007, 08:21 PM
Originally posted by BradLoomis
Heat is the killer in these mini's especially in the muddy conditions that put extra strain on the clutch.

The 03' Predators has a crossover tube (#35 : part # 0450707 : description DUCT-11345-151-000 : price 10.91)
http://www.partsland.com/atv03scrambler90crankcase.gif
that will take air from the stator side and blow it into the crankcase side of a sealed side cover. You can also take a tube a put it into the starter hole and do the same thing, but only if you have removed the electrical starter motor.
It is not listed, but you will also want to install a tube out of the top rear of it to let the heat escape. It is on the 03' Predator, but I can't find the part # for it.
http://i216.photobucket.com/albums/cc52/X-Stream_Composites/IMG_0432.jpg
With this sealed setup, it will keep the mud and water out but get cool air into the clutch. Also the higher the stall speed, the more heat the clutch will make. \

This must be what Troy was trying to explain to me last night .

BradLoomis
10-28-2007, 08:49 PM
Makes a world of difference Tina. By the way, I'm selling three of our mini's and a whole bunch of parts if you know anyone that needs stuff.

QuadJunkies
10-28-2007, 09:05 PM
Makes a world of difference Tina. By the way, I'm selling three of our mini's and a whole bunch of parts if you know anyone that needs stuff.
hmmm.....I can't imagine who might need some parts.lol :o :D
Im sure we will have to jump on that soon.
Any pipes for sale?
Im going to have to get something soon,as you can see.. lol.
Kids ...!! sigh... lol
I sure wish that Trinity was carrying them! We LOVED that pipe on Kelseys Kasea-It had great performance

BradLoomis
10-28-2007, 09:25 PM
The last time I called Trinity, Joe said he had 10 or 12 in stock. They were a two piece stamped version. You might also try PowerPros in Cali. They always have a descent pipe. I gave my last spare one away awhile ago.

QuadJunkies
10-28-2007, 09:32 PM
The last time I called Trinity, Joe said he had 10 or 12 in stock. They were a two piece stamped version. You might also try PowerPros in Cali. They always have a descent pipe. I gave my last spare one away awhile ago.
I just sent an email to PowerPros,thanks for the info Brad .:)

BradLoomis
10-28-2007, 10:09 PM
Anytime Tina... and for some reason myspace is not responding, so when it does I will click you in.

raidernut
10-29-2007, 07:05 AM
Tina call Barry at the shop, i believe he has a power pro in stock for brandons bike, bennetts desert racing 928-923-8515

QuadJunkies
10-29-2007, 10:35 AM
Originally posted by raidernut
Tina call Barry at the shop, i believe he has a power pro in stock for brandons bike, bennetts desert racing 928-923-8515
Thanks Marc, Ill give him a buzz. :)

QuadJunkies
10-29-2007, 11:46 AM
Troy called Trinity and they no longer make pipes for minis, they said theres no market for it .:p lol
Bennetts also out, but we can get one threw them as he will be ordering more, just not sure when the order is getting placed (Troy just told me over the phone,no specifics) so at least we know they make a pipe.
Sorry, didnt mean to hijack the topic.
:o :D

kenjolly
11-04-2007, 06:09 PM
Found the problem, the variator had a little wobble in it. we respaced it put a new belt on and sofar so good.

Hayden ran the SH*&^ out of it today and no problems yet ,

Hayden also got second against some great comp at seminole, they run 2 classes 50 and everything else, but a great track.

If you ever get the time check it out,

Thanks Gary and Matt

QuadJunkies
11-04-2007, 07:14 PM
Glad you got 'er figured out ;)

hotquads1
11-05-2007, 03:44 PM
Originally posted by QuadJunkies
Troy called Trinity and they no longer make pipes for minis, they said theres no market for it .:p lol
Bennetts also out, but we can get one threw them as he will be ordering more, just not sure when the order is getting placed (Troy just told me over the phone,no specifics) so at least we know they make a pipe.
Sorry, didnt mean to hijack the topic.
:o :D .
. Tina , we got the power pro pipe in stock, we also have the techni-gas and the Koso , we stock em all.
marc

QuadJunkies
11-06-2007, 12:07 AM
Originally posted by hotquads1
. Tina , we got the power pro pipe in stock, we also have the techni-gas and the Koso , we stock em all.
marc

Thanks for the info Marc :)