PDA

View Full Version : Race rims for a drx 90?

camarodean1969
10-23-2007, 04:17 PM
Newbie Dean here.

I got my son a drx 90. He sees all the pics of you guys that have aluminum rims with snow hogs on them. I would guess these also have a better offset to the outside to wide out the rear end a little bit for better stability.

Could anybody give me a model # of these rims?

Would i assume these are douglas rims, or is there somebody else in the rim world?

Thanks for the info!

tireman43
10-23-2007, 04:45 PM
I have douglas wheels which were installed before I took ownership. I do know that the rears are the same as most other make minis but the fronts are the same pattern as the 300ex. If you get a hold of bulldogfallon(Gary) or nichols atvs(Heath) they will be able to help you. I do know that DRR has their own wheels now also. I'm sure someone will chime in soon with better info. Good luck.

camarodean1969
10-23-2007, 04:48 PM
Just wanted to add, if any of you racing guys have a set that i can buy, e-mail me at deannewco@yahoo.com

Thanks Dean

Nichols Atvs
10-23-2007, 06:13 PM
Honestly you should get a new set, a used pair of wheels is worn out after a race season and not really worth the money. Drr does have their own wheels for front and back .

mecheech
10-23-2007, 08:54 PM
Hopefully someone will correct me if I'm wrong but the rear hubs from a 300ex should fit and give about 3/4" extra width per side.

For rims we went with the DRR rims from Gary and they not only look good but with the rolled lip they will hold up better.
DRR rims (http://picasaweb.google.com/cheech72/JakesNewATV/photo#5113260428976372306)

bulldogfallon
10-23-2007, 10:25 PM
For a 90 I would get the stronger wheels since you will typically put them through a rougher lifetime...

The extra weight won't be an issue like it is on a 50cc mini.

The DRR wheels are beautiful and very durable, but also out of stock for a few weeks...

May be Marc at Hot Quads has some or Les at ExtremeMini NW has them in stock?

If not, DRR can source some .190 wheels that will cost about the same as .160 wheels

I have been holding out for the DRR wheels, but if your in a jam I can get the .190 wheels for you...

Andyman17dad
10-24-2007, 06:28 AM
Some of the tracks that we race at are pretty rocky and my son has banged up all of the rims that he has except for the new DRR fronts that he has now. The rolled rim definately seems to help. Although he has only 2 races on them.
Also even if you do bend them up,they do usually still, amazingly, hold air even with some pretty bad dings. But...do you want to trust them?

hotquads1
10-24-2007, 01:04 PM
We got the new DRR-pro wheels in stock , they are the way to go ! we got plenty of used douglas wheels also , however most are bent and were pulled off in order to run the DRR -pros. I dont recommend changing the offset in order to gain width, this will make the wheel more likly to bend . Get the new axle and you can adjust your width an extra 2 inches without changing your offset.
marc

camarodean1969
10-25-2007, 07:34 AM
Thanks for all the replys!

Can i ask how much chedder these new DRR rims are on this forum?

If i go with these new DRR pro rims, they have to be way stronger than the stock ones, so if they offset out a little more than the 50/50 offset that the stock ones have, it shouldn't be a problem.

I have douglas rims on my race 440ex w/beadlocks and the offset is way to the outside and i sky the thing and never had a problem so i can't imagine my son and his machine weighing about 1/3 as much as me and my machine bending these new rims.

Again thanks for any info, this site is AAWWWSSOOOMMMEEE!!!!

hotquads1
10-25-2007, 08:26 AM
the DRR pro wheels are offset 4" to the outside allready , 2" to the inside . However the stock 90cc steel wheel is a wider wheel to accomidate the large stock mud tires. So I dont think you will have much change if any in final width . I feel any more of an offset to the outside would be a weaker wheel .
Send me a pm for pricing.
marc

camarodean1969
10-25-2007, 12:49 PM
Pm'd ya!

hotquads1
10-25-2007, 01:08 PM
PM back to ya
marc