PDA

View Full Version : WORCS riders-please read

QuadJunkies
10-23-2007, 03:26 PM
I am passing this along from a fellow rider from another site, I think this would be a good thing for everyone to do at our final round in Taft .
God Bless .

As Im sure most of you are aware- the recent death in the ATV racing community has touched many of us. We all sometimes feel invicible on the race track doing what we are so passionate about, then this tragedy maybe puts a little chink in our armor. I dont know Maxwell or his family- but as a parent I can only imagine how they may feel at this time. What I propose is something maybe that can help the family get thru this time and begin the healing process.

In many other sports when a fellow comrade goes down- they often display something on their gear to remember them- a sticker on a helmet or even a black arm band. Maxwell was competing in the Production B race at WORCS Round 9 @ Pismo Beach, California, he was riding under a day pass thru WORCS with the number 3525. Im encouraging each of you racers to take a moment and maybe remember Maxwell by putting the number 3525 on your gear for at least one race in his honor!

adrenalinefreak
10-24-2007, 12:42 PM
I think thats a really good idea! On the WORCS website they put up a note talking about Maxwell. I think it would be a great idea to see if WORCS would post up a note about your idea on their main page!! That way more people would see it

Another option would be to also have a piece of black ribbon tied to the rear grab bar on everyone's quad!! Which would be a really easy but noticeable..

I can only imagine what his family is going through and I think you hit it home expressing that when out on the track it's easy to get into the mode and forget that were not invincible!

WORCS mentioned releasing his parents address and then people could send their condolences which I think is another good idea!

adrenalinefreak
10-24-2007, 12:52 PM
Hey Tina,

I wrote Pepper and passed along your idea as well as the ribbon idea and even offered to supply the ribbon at the WORCS trailer in an effort to get everyone to attach one to their quad!

I'm waiting to hear back from Pepper!

I hope you don't mind that I passed it along, I told pepper it was your idea and then also mentioned the ribbon idea which I think would go well together!!

It's just so sad and I think this is a great way to pay tribute to him!!

WORCSYFZ199
10-24-2007, 04:11 PM
Those are good ideas or what I was kind of thinking like maybe get some of those little number plate stickers made and make them available for like a couple dollars each and then the money could go to the family and help them out in that way too...just a thought.

adrenalinefreak
10-24-2007, 04:18 PM
Thats actually a great idea!! If a major company would supply the little number plates and then the money could go to the family it would make it look nice and be a great way to show he'll be missed!

I was trying to figure out how I was going to put his number on my bike or my helmet or gear, but that's a great idea!!

Wonder if someone would be interested in supplying them?!?

If thats going to happen it would have to happen quick because it will take sometime to generate all of them!

CannondaleRider
10-24-2007, 06:57 PM
Mini number-plate stickers are in the beginning stages as we speak.

Hold on for a bit for some further info....

310ESR
10-24-2007, 09:00 PM
Hey guys I'm having a tough time with the loss of Maxwell, not that I knew him or his family, but because earlier in that lap he and I had a great back and forth passing battle. The last time he got by me I thought that I would keep him in my sights and pass him later, then I lost sight of him and thought he cheeked out on me.

Backcountry
10-24-2007, 09:31 PM
I originally started a thread over at pittraffic.com as something the racers from the Northwest could do to show some support. It's now evolving into something bigger- which is really great.

As of now- with the help of another racer (Bdunner) we have had some small stickers made with Max's name, number(at least the day pass from WORCS #), and the date. As mentioned originally it was just something we could do locally- so the original order for stickers wasnt that big. However now- we are looking at the feasibility of maybe taking this a step further and do something more and beyond my original idea. I need to firm up a few details yet- but keep an eye out for additional information to come tomorrow or on Friday about this.

Thanks,
Dan Wade
Team Money$hot #757

QuadJunkies
10-24-2007, 11:57 PM
Originally posted by Backcountry
I originally started a thread over at pittraffic.com as something the racers from the Northwest could do to show some support. It's now evolving into something bigger- which is really great.

As of now- with the help of another racer (Bdunner) we have had some small stickers made with Max's name, number(at least the day pass from WORCS #), and the date. As mentioned originally it was just something we could do locally- so the original order for stickers wasnt that big. However now- we are looking at the feasibility of maybe taking this a step further and do something more and beyond my original idea. I need to firm up a few details yet- but keep an eye out for additional information to come tomorrow or on Friday about this.

Thanks,
Dan Wade
Team Money$hot #757

I think your idea is great Dan ;)
And the wheels are now in motion...
this is what I LOVE about our ATV community.Ya'll are like my extended family . We are all like one big family that pulls together and you could DEF. see this stand out proudly this past wk. end ....:)

adrenalinefreak
10-25-2007, 09:44 AM
I received an email from Jason Reed (worcs) and they said they had the little number plate stickers made for Maxwell and they will be at the WORCS trailer at Taft. They also like the idea of the black ribbon and will be doing that as well!

I think its really great how everyone can come together and take the time to remember a fellow rider/racer!

I will see you all in Taft.

BTW-in the letter Jason sent out I believe he mentioned the number thing was my idea but it was Tina's and then WORCSYFZ199 came up with the actual number plates so all good ideas!!

I will be bringing a roll of ribbon to Taft and leaving it at the WORCS trailer for everyone to use. Maybe take donations for the ribbon and have it sent to the family!

QuadJunkies
10-25-2007, 10:22 AM
Originally posted by adrenalinefreak
I received an email from Jason Reed (worcs) and they said they had the little number plate stickers made for Maxwell and they will be at the WORCS trailer at Taft. They also like the idea of the black ribbon and will be doing that as well!

I think its really great how everyone can come together and take the time to remember a fellow rider/racer!

I will see you all in Taft.

BTW-in the letter Jason sent out I believe he mentioned the number thing was my idea but it was Tina's and then WORCSYFZ199 came up with the actual number plates so all good ideas!!

I will be bringing a roll of ribbon to Taft and leaving it at the WORCS trailer for everyone to use. Maybe take donations for the ribbon and have it sent to the family!
I actually didnt come up with the idea, I just passed it along to everyone else ;)
At any rate, Its great to hear.
Im going to see if I have any photos of him from the last race .He did race Monticello,correct?
I didnt get pics of him last week.

SpyderRail
10-27-2007, 01:10 AM
Im going to see if I have any photos of him from the last race .He did race Monticello,correct?
I didnt get pics of him last week.

Correct.
He raced Production B under day pass #3467

d kelley
10-27-2007, 10:33 AM
Maxwell raced in Monticello in both the Production B and Open B classes. There is some video of him in the Open Pro video (Open B class) start in Monticello on ATV riders. It is hard to see his number but I remember he was really fast and I was never able to catch him. I spoke with him and his family while on the Open B starting line right next to me. His passing away has touched our family and he has been in our prays every night since his death. We heard about his accident while waiting for our sons race to begin in the 12-15 mod. class and just about pulled him out along with Cole Fite's father doing the same with his son. I, like many others, did not know this young man well, but whenever such a young person dies, it affects us in such a different way than when someone who has lived a longer life passes away. The kindest thing a person could do at this point, besides the ribbons and stickers, would be to take a few minutes and send a card or a note to his family in Parowan Ut., if WORCS would provide their address to us.

SpyderRail
10-27-2007, 07:30 PM
From WORCS webpage

ATV racer Maxwell Niederhauser from Parowan, Utah, died while racing the Production B class at the Oceano Dunes Beach Race, Rnd 9 of the WORCS series. Maxwell crashed in the dunes while doing what his mom said was his passion. 2007 was Maxwells first year to race and had attened the Monticello rnd as well. Two unknown racers stoped to render aid and notify course marshalls. Paramedics exhautsed all efforts in attempts to revive him but were unsucessful. WORCS wishes to offer it's deepest condolences to the Niederhauser family and we will always remember racer number "3525" Maxwell Niederhauser. We will post a location to mail condolences as soon as we have that from the family.

You may send cards to Brad and Rebecca Niederhauser at the following address 845 West 200 South Parowan, Ut 84761

http://atv.worcsracing.com/newsfull.php?ID=244

kevin #643
10-28-2007, 08:48 PM
As you all know we have lost a fellow racer,Maxwell Neiderhauser,his memorial was today10-28-07,he has been in my prayers all WEEK.I have made two plaques in his memory(i am a cnc machinist by trade)one was sent to his family framed and matted in his race colors(red and black). i have talked to the family and they were very touched.the other plaque will be going to be mounted out on the fence by sand hiway marker 13,i don,t know if this is where it happened, but by the pics on off-road.com,it looks like the area,i ride there often so i know the area,if anyone knows where abouts, i could put it there instead.i am waiting for his memorial sticker to come out so I can pay tribute to our fallen racer. if you happen to ride out there,please stop and reflect on
Max!!!I was touched by this mother/ son team, and I will always have a spot in my heart for these two.I am having a memorial of his #3525 pinstriped on my helment,so as I race, so will Max.

MAY MAXWELL NEIDERHAUSER #3525
ALWAYS RACE IN PEACE!!

GOD BLESS YOU ALL,AND KEEP ON RACING FOR MAX.

QuadJunkies
10-28-2007, 09:00 PM
Originally posted by kevin #643
.I am having a memorial of his #3525 pinstriped on my helment,so as I race, so will Max.

ALWAYS RACE IN PEACE!!

That is very cool .
Max is looking down smiling at you right now Im sure .:)

CannondaleRider
10-29-2007, 01:26 PM
Originally posted by kevin #643
As you all know we have lost a fellow racer,Maxwell Neiderhauser,his memorial was today10-28-07,he has been in my prayers all WEEK.I have made two plaques in his memory(i am a cnc machinist by trade)one was sent to his family framed and matted in his race colors(red and black). i have talked to the family and they were very touched.the other plaque will be going to be mounted out on the fence by sand hiway marker 13,i don,t know if this is where it happened, but by the pics on off-road.com,it looks like the area,i ride there often so i know the area,if anyone knows where abouts, i could put it there instead.i am waiting for his memorial sticker to come out so I can pay tribute to our fallen racer. if you happen to ride out there,please stop and reflect on
Max!!!I was touched by this mother/ son team, and I will always have a spot in my heart for these two.I am having a memorial of his #3525 pinstriped on my helment,so as I race, so will Max.

ALWAYS RACE IN PEACE!!

Very admirable!

I quoted your post on my Teams forum, incase they didn't see it here.

Everybodies support of the Niederhauser family, and everybodies work on the memorials for Maxwell, are very appreciated by the entire racing community, and especially the family and friends of Maxwell.

Backcountry
10-29-2007, 01:51 PM
Current plan is that we will have a framed photo for everyone to sign at Taft and then be given to the family.

I have 400+ stickers I will be bringing to Taft. We hope to come see everyone and get them to sign the framed photo, make a donation if they wish, and get a sticker for their gear.

Ive been amazed since the beginning on this. What started out a grass roots deal has grown and grown and I think it brings great credit upon everyone in the ATV racing community. We take of our own!

http://a876.ac-images.myspacecdn.com/images01/37/l_70b754525f03d3c18395ba87c875a9ab.jpg

adrenalinefreak
10-29-2007, 06:45 PM
Hey backcountry...

were are you going to be because I definitely want to get a sticker and put it on my bike...or on the front of my chest protector....I think it would be cool to have an exact spot designated as to where to place the sticker....but maybe thats getting to compulsive...

I plan on either putting mine on the front of my chest protector (maybe on the left side (above the heart) like we're saluting him or on the front of my bike!

I hope to see everyone in Taft..

I'm going to start a new thread about Taft because I have a couple of questions about the awards banquet and was hoping that maybe some of you who have been to one can give me some specifics...

QuadJunkies
10-30-2007, 12:01 AM
Since I will not be there, would someone please sign it from the Lugan family for us ?
Much appreciated .

jaytheguy
10-31-2007, 01:26 PM
Me and max went to high school together I didn't know him well but i knew who he was. It's a small school so everyone knows each other. It's been pretty weird at school now. Just stopping by to let you guys know that the stickers and plates are a nice idea

CannondaleRider
11-01-2007, 01:10 AM
News just in from Team Money$hot:

---------------------------------------------------------------

TM$ has stickers available and are asking you wear one on your gear, put on your bike, or stick one on your trailer to remember him.

The stickers will be available at Horn Rapids Hare Scramble November 3/4 in Richland, WA. Just look for a member of TM$ and ask for one. We are taking donations for them that will go to the family or a scholarship set up in Maxwell's name.

The stickers will also be available in Taft at the WORCS race November 9-11. Find a TM$ member, or ask at registration.

If by chance you cannot make the hare scramble or the last race of WORCS, or you just didn't get a sticker, send us a message on our Myspace profile or email Megan@teammoneyshot.com and we'll give you details on the status of the stickers (whether or not we've run out and when we'll be getting more) and how to get one.

---------------------------------------------------------------

adrenalinefreak
11-01-2007, 02:47 PM
Here's a picture I found on atvriders.com and I figured I would post it up!

Backcountry
11-07-2007, 08:56 AM
Hi everyone- the response continues to be awesome. We were able to raise some more money thru donations and hand out more stickers at the Horn Rapids harescramble.

Team Money$hot will be available at Taft this weekend to hand out stickers and collect donations. In addition, as Chance posted above- if you are unable to come to the race- you can email for directions on how to get one.

Im loaded and ready to head off to Taft!!! Hope to see everyone there! To find us at Taft look for a very large Weekend Warrior 5'er behind a white Freightliner truck. Weather permitting we may have our TM$ flag or banner up to help find us.

Thanks again-
Dan
TM$ #757