PDA

View Full Version : Got Sand? Kelsey does!

QuadJunkies
10-23-2007, 02:29 PM
Kelsey did .. and lots of it-UPSIDE DOWN!! :eek2: :o

This was her 1st real wreck racing this year and was in 2nd place battling with 1st .Kinda was spooky being right there seeing the whole thing.shes had a sore forearm this week,this just made it worse.She sure has had lots of "OWIES" this year :ermm:
this was the Oceano Dunes race near Pismo Beach Cali. this past wk end.

When she bends her wrist, it hurts the top of her arm and you can feel this weird vibrating,squishy feeling when she bends it .Its hard to explain, but its swollen and hurts to bend or crul her wrist as it makes her forearm hurt. Man.. Im sure gald the 07 season is about finished! lol
its weird cause she itsnt sure what she originally done to it before she wrecked,it just startd hurrting,The race just made it much worse.
She did manage a 3rd place n Sundays shifter race.
Shes bummed cause two raced this year she was close to a 1st place and missed out :(
I guess there always the next one in Nov.
Maybe next year ;)
http://www.pbase.com/image/87755435/large.jpg

NPelletier
10-23-2007, 02:33 PM
i dont tihnk owies quite covers this 1:eek2:

get better:D

PismoLocal
10-23-2007, 02:40 PM
Originally posted by QuadJunkies
Kelsey did .. and lots of it-UPSIDE DOWN!! :eek2: :o

This was her 1st real wreck racing this year and was in 2nd place battling with 1st .Kinda was spooky being right there seeing the whole thing.shes had a sore forearm this week,this just made it worse.She sure has had lots of "OWIES" this year :ermm:
this was the Oceano Dunes race near Pismo Beach Cali. this past wk end.

When she bends her wrist, it hurts the top of her arm and you can feel this weird vibrating,squishy feeling when she bends it .Its hard to explain, but its swollen and hurts to bend or crul her wrist as it makes her forearm hurt. Man.. Im sure gald the 07 season is about finished! lol
its weird cause she itsnt sure what she originally done to it before she wrecked,it just startd hurrting,The race just made it much worse.
She did manage a 3rd place n Sundays shifter race.
Shes bummed cause two raced this year she was close to a 1st place and missed out :(
I guess there always the next one in Nov.
Maybe next year ;)
http://www.pbase.com/image/87755435/large.jpg
Crazy, you drove all the way down from Idaho to race Pismo beach? How did you like Pismo, the course this year was interesting. It looked a lot harder than the previous years.

QuadJunkies
10-23-2007, 02:41 PM
I guess to wreck, she picked the best round to do it :p
Better than on say ...Blue Groove.. been there, done that !:scary: lol

Ghost-Rider
10-23-2007, 02:43 PM
Ouch !

To bad about the wreck, how is the knee doing ?

QuadJunkies
10-23-2007, 02:44 PM
Originally posted by PismoLocal
Crazy, you drove all the way down from Idaho to race Pismo beach? How did you like Pismo, the course this year was interesting. It looked a lot harder than the previous years.
I would have liked Pismo ALOT better if it wasnt so windy.
Ill stick to Idahos Dunes.:D
I have really missed being around the Ocean, so it was nice to visit,but the track was def brutal. The kids said it wasnt that bad, but again...they are kids lol The fatality saddened everyone . I feel for the family.
Brandon loved it ,I just got annoyed with all the wind .
We rode on the REC. areas on Friday and had fun.I actually was expecting it to be alot less to ride from everything Ive heard.
Just not much for big bowls and hills, but we still had fun. :)

Did you race?

QuadJunkies
10-23-2007, 02:45 PM
Originally posted by Ghost-Rider
Ouch !

To bad about the wreck, how is the knee doing ?
Her knee is all back to normal! :)

PismoLocal
10-23-2007, 04:28 PM
I would have liked Pismo ALOT better if it wasnt so windy.
Ill stick to Idahos Dunes.:D
I have really missed being around the Ocean, so it was nice to visit,but the track was def brutal. The kids said it wasnt that bad, but again...they are kids lol The fatality saddened everyone . I feel for the family.
Brandon loved it ,I just got annoyed with all the wind .
We rode on the REC. areas on Friday and had fun.I actually was expecting it to be alot less to ride from everything Ive heard.
Just not much for big bowls and hills, but we still had fun. :)

Did you race?
Nope I didn't race this year, I have tendonitis in my right wrist that comes off an on when ever I use it to much and it was acting up all month so I decided to spectate the race this year.
The wind is definitely a bummer. It doesn't bother me so much when I'm riding, just when I'm at camp. Happy to hear you had a good time.

QuadJunkies
10-23-2007, 06:19 PM
Originally posted by PismoLocal
Nope I didn't race this year, I have tendonitis in my right wrist that comes off an on when ever I use it to much and it was acting up all month so I decided to spectate the race this year.
The wind is definitely a bummer. It doesn't bother me so much when I'm riding, just when I'm at camp. Happy to hear you had a good time.
I know how the tendonitis issue is..
Did you spectate ?

250r4life
10-23-2007, 06:31 PM
how exactly did she wreck like that?

it appears she is facing the opposite directions of the 1st place rider? and looks like it was just coming around a turn.... she take it too fast or not lean enough without enough throttle?

im still not sure how she got facing the other way...

hope she is ok though

Ghost-Rider
10-23-2007, 06:34 PM
Originally posted by 250r4life

it appears she is facing the opposite directions of the 1st place rider? and looks like it was just coming around a turn.... she take it too fast or not lean enough without enough throttle?

hope she is ok though

Your right, pulled a wheelie outa the turn and flipped ? I don't think a mini can do that though.

JOEX
10-23-2007, 07:16 PM
I bet that was scary for you seeing her tumble. Hope she's doing well and ready to get back on:) After she heals up of course;)

QuadJunkies
10-23-2007, 07:29 PM
Originally posted by 250r4life

hope she is ok though
That was a separate class rider out front,she was actually lapping that rider ;) he races same gate .

The ruts were about 2-3 feet deep and her tire got all jacked up in there .She thinks she wheelied like mentioned it all happened so fast, shes not completely sure . lol
It done a full flip over ,just not 100% sure on how it got completely faced that way.
Heres a good shot I took of a rider on how bad the ruts were at times
:huh
The minis looked so small out there . :p
http://upload.pbase.com/image/87774212/original.jpg

Ghost-Rider
10-23-2007, 08:15 PM
That was a separate class rider out front,she was actually lapping that rider ;) he races same gate .

The ruts were about 2-3 feet deep and her tire got all jacked up in there .She thinks she wheelied like mentioned it all happened so fast, shes not completely sure . lol
It done a full flip over ,just not 100% sure on how it got completely faced that way.
Heres a good shot I took of a rider on how bad the ruts were at times
:huh
The minis looked so small out there . :p
http://upload.pbase.com/image/87774212/original.jpg

At least it was sand and not some hard rocky surface lol.

wilkin250r
10-23-2007, 10:32 PM
Got Sand? Kelsey does!

Heck yeah, she does. After a tumble like that, she's got sand in her hair, her teeth, and her butt-crack... :bandit:

QuadJunkies
10-23-2007, 10:45 PM
Originally posted by wilkin250r
Heck yeah, she does. After a tumble like that, she's got sand in her hair, her teeth, and her butt-crack... :bandit:

LOL!

She had so much sand in her Goggles, she ditched them the rest of the race :p

I forgot to mention....
Once she caught her breath from the wind getting knocked out of her, she was off again and did finish her race.She just didnt place well that race .

CannondaleRider
10-24-2007, 12:15 AM
Poor girl! Hope she's feelin alright.

Pismo seems to be a bad round for wrecks.....it wasn't as bad this year(with the one large exception). Last year there was a TON of carnage.

I almost ate it BAD in Unclassified(actually on the exact same drop that 3525 lost his life on).....Somehow forgot about it on the second lap...came up to it 4th gear tapped, checked up....landed on the first flat, then bounced to the very bottom. Although I saved it, that shocked my system for a few minutes.

Did you happen to see Dax's tumble in the pits on Sunday?

QuadJunkies
10-24-2007, 10:01 AM
Originally posted by CannondaleRider
Poor girl! Hope she's feelin alright.

Pismo seems to be a bad round for wrecks.....it wasn't as bad this year(with the one large exception). Last year there was a TON of carnage.

I almost ate it BAD in Unclassified(actually on the exact same drop that 3525 lost his life on).....Somehow forgot about it on the second lap...came up to it 4th gear tapped, checked up....landed on the first flat, then bounced to the very bottom. Although I saved it, that shocked my system for a few minutes.

Did you happen to see Dax's tumble in the pits on Sunday?
I didnt ,but Troy did!
I am surprised more didnt go down in the C class!That was INSANE LINE UP!:eek2:

Troy got a workout un -burying kids on Sunday. lol
I pulled a quad off one handed(cause I had my camera in the other) where a quad had pinned a kid . HE wasnt moving so it scared the crap out of me.
Dunes can def. be a hazzard and if soeone wouldnt have ever rode them before the race, it would be very difficult I think.
My kids have rode in sand, but not as much as Troy and I have .