PDA

View Full Version : too big for a yfz?

is4baja
10-23-2007, 09:26 AM
i have a question about the yfz comfort..i have a tricked out raptor set up for racing down baja..im thinking of getting a yfz but they seem a little small.im about 6 feet, not sure if a little higher or shorter than 6 feet but im around there..will i feel kind of cramped on a yfz? i was thinking that a +2 stem and a quadtech desert seat might help but i still have my doubts..what do you think?

ZSK
10-23-2007, 09:50 AM
I'm also 6' tall. I'm using an 06 stem on an 05 (basically a +1) and 400ex bend bars and I like the feel.

Just curious why you'd want to switch from Raptor that's setup to go to a 450? Is it a different class? I know it's not for more power.

is4baja
10-23-2007, 11:04 AM
i love my raptor.but its really complicated to buy the parts you want or at least for me it has. i feel that im limited to some aftermarket parts. also i rally like how some yfz's look after you spend a few bills..it would be much lighter and it can be considered one of my dream quads.

400exrider99
10-23-2007, 09:45 PM
im 6.2 and put on slightly taller bars and seems to be fine for me but i would mind if they were and inch hgher.