PDA

View Full Version : Getting ready for the fall and winter blitz!

Pappy
10-22-2007, 07:12 PM
Just a heads up to anyone sending parts here for powdercoating.....

Please check out my section http://www.exriders.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?s=&forumid=62and read up on the first few threads to see what the deal is with shipping, labeling and pricing, and how to contact me (I hate pm's)

I get busier then a puppy dog with two peters from here until april so bare with me. I look forward to laying down some color for ya!

jherbie28
11-26-2007, 02:17 PM
comming at ya soon:devil:

bradley300
12-11-2007, 05:25 AM
hey pappy, what hides water spots better, flat colors or ones with a real high gloss? the water pressure at my house sucks so my quad never gets as clean as ive seen yours, so i need to o something to lessen the dirty look

jherbie28
12-11-2007, 02:29 PM
brown?:devil: j/k

Pappy
12-11-2007, 02:49 PM
clear is the only thing that will help, it doesnt make a non uv powder resistant or make it strong as steel, but it adds a clear layer of protection that slows down the effects of hard water, chemicals etc.

but a gloss color by the numbers should hold up better then a flat but that also depends on what type(chemistry) of powder is used.

bradley300
12-12-2007, 05:06 AM
i'm not worried about the metal holding up, i'm just hoping one or the other doesnt show the water spots spots as easy so it looks as clean as i can get it, like being its easier to see a nail pop on your wall if you have a really high gloss paint vs. a real flat sheen, make sense?

Pappy
12-12-2007, 07:31 AM
thats why i said clear would help more then using a flat color. id prefer to have the clear absorb the hard water, not the color coat. on a flat color, the minerals in the water leave spots, on clear they can be wiped away where they may infact etch themselves on a flat color. gloss colors should be able to hold up better as well.

bradley300
12-12-2007, 01:23 PM
i see what your saying now, thanks pappy!