PDA

View Full Version : wpsa rider cut off?

SRH
10-22-2007, 03:07 PM
the more ive been reading on a few other atv forums, ive been hearing rumors of a 500 rider cutoff for wpsa events...and there are like 4oo soemthing members already and there grandfathered in....after racing one of them last year the competition was g reat, very fast riders, but imo the atva national i raced i felt like they rolled out the red carpet for the riders.... it was not so hectic and stuff....

im leaning towards hitting up 5 or 6 of the atva nationals and maybe 1 wpsa... what do you guys think about all of this? i know the prestige comes from finishing up in the ranks for wpsa but i just felt ripped off racing wise at the wpsa....the show was great, its great for the sport, the way the races go and everything, spectator wise they couldnt make it any better, but as far as amateur racing...i think it sucks for us

Pappy
10-22-2007, 07:23 PM
I think the series will stabilize. being new, with a new format the WPSA had a steamroller full of power as it cranked up, but this coming season i expect to see some changes in both, one of which you have already stated.

The biggest changes will be to the schedules which will allow many to compete in both series, a HUGE bonus for our sport!

Mxjunkie
10-22-2007, 07:31 PM
Originally posted by Pappy
The biggest changes will be to the schedules which will allow many to compete in both series, a HUGE bonus for our sport!

That's a great bonus I am glad to hear that! I've always wondered how long it would take till this would happen, hopefully it will help both series and like you stated just bump our sport even further into the main stream. :macho

blakefoote
10-23-2007, 05:39 AM
Originally posted by SRH
the more ive been reading on a few other atv forums, ive been hearing rumors of a 500 rider cutoff for wpsa events...and there are like 4oo soemthing members already and there grandfathered in....after racing one of them last year the competition was g reat, very fast riders, but imo the atva national i raced i felt like they rolled out the red carpet for the riders.... it was not so hectic and stuff....

im leaning towards hitting up 5 or 6 of the atva nationals and maybe 1 wpsa... what do you guys think about all of this? i know the prestige comes from finishing up in the ranks for wpsa but i just felt ripped off racing wise at the wpsa....the show was great, its great for the sport, the way the races go and everything, spectator wise they couldnt make it any better, but as far as amateur racing...i think it sucks for us

I raced at seven ATVA nationals and went to watch one WPSA national and i think the AM competition is a little steeper in ATVA...I think that C class, B class and A class would be a steeper competition in ATVA...and the WPSA are way more spread out so more $$$$...but im goin to mostly all of the ATVA nationals this year if we dont run into many roadblocks this year

SRH
10-23-2007, 02:29 PM
i dunno i think im gonna shoot for most of the atva nationals and maybe 1 or 2 wpsa