PDA

View Full Version : New to predator simple questions

cbrooks118
10-22-2007, 01:19 PM
To make a long story short, i took my in-laws to Little Sahara OK a couple of weekends ago and my father in law decided he was still young enough for sportquad and bought an 05 predaotr TL edition used on ebay.

I am the quad junkie of the family, and i have a couple of questions. I have read that the front rim bolt pattern is the same as yamaha, and the rears are the same as hondas, is this true?
If so, can the predator handle a set of 8 paddle skat tracks i have left over from the 250r?It is nice to save money on rims ya know

Also is there any concerns i should have while maintaining this bike? Anythign different i should be aware of other than my previous bikes, 250r, yfz450, and banshee?

I think he stole this bike for 2000, the only thing it needs right know is some rear tires, i guess i could give him some kenda klaws i accumulated.

smokinwrench
10-22-2007, 02:05 PM
I owned a 05 troy lee before my outlaw 525.

Troy lee is an awesome bike. Yes it is true about the bolt pattern. To really wake up the Predator you need to get the crappy exhaust off and install and better intake they are very restricted. The head pipe is very good for stock and I recomend the Pure polaris slip on, it is a rebadged white bros.

Yes it will handle the haulers I ran 9 paddle on mine and my buddy had 10 paddle on his. It will run very competive in the drag strip.