PDA

View Full Version : car wheels

brandonpeake
10-22-2007, 12:31 AM
im looking for some wheels for my H2 and i didnt know if you could pc some for me or not ,they say they are pearl black now but its a light gunmetal and i would like a real gunmeatal or a black chrome looking color these wheels have a polished lip? just let me know what you think if i need to go with a different wheel to do it or show you some links to the wheels let me know but i had some some cars in the past with wheels with a stripe on the inside of the spoles the color of the car
thanks
Brandon
btw im working on getting the frames ready to send out ill keep u posted on them

Pappy
10-22-2007, 05:36 AM
the problem with doing a rim that is coated now (even with a polished lip) is that afetr the prep process, the once polished lip is either blasted, discolored from the burn off process or in dire need of serious help to retain the shine. When coated from the wheel manufacture, the rim has the luxury of not having to be aggresively stripped in order to get the effect.

so, with that said, it will come down to what the rim looks like and constructed as to wether or not a polished lip could be incorperated. i do many vehicle rims, but I shy away from the ones that they want super fancy based 110% on the fact that its not an item that bodes well to being stripped repeatedly.

brandonpeake
10-22-2007, 09:18 PM
okay ill post a link to the wheel and get an opinion from you on it,
http://www.rims-n-tires.com/wheels/venti/v98pb.jpg

here is link to the manf. page also
CLICK HERE (http://www.wheelpros.com/brands/index.php?id=28&pid=447&pg=3)

brandonpeake
10-22-2007, 09:19 PM
in that pic they look pretty dark but are auctually not much darker than a stock 450r frame, some but not alot

Pappy
10-22-2007, 09:23 PM
is it just the outer lip?

brandonpeake
10-23-2007, 11:52 AM
id like the outlip sto stay polishd and the center darker, but from what you had posted i thought the process to strip the center would possible ruin the finish on the lip