PDA

View Full Version : No more electric start...or anything electric now that I think about it

Benjithx
10-21-2007, 10:35 PM
I needed to do some testing on "Project Black" for the website, so a group of us went riding and everything was going well until my girlfriends 400ex stopped starting. She was doing some donuts, turned the bike off, and that was it. After that she had no nuetral light or any other electrics. We pull started her and ended the day early.

I am just looking for some ideas on where to start troubleshooting. I can't imagine it is a battery, because it happened in the middle of the ride and it never sat or anything.

Thanks guys

300exOH
10-21-2007, 11:09 PM
Did you check the fuse?

Also make sure all electrical connections are tight.

Simple stuff first...;)

10-22-2007, 03:27 AM
sounds like a fuse...and maybe a bare wire...had this happen recently to my wife's 400ex also. trailered it side ways and the rear fender wore a wire.. it got wet and blew a fuse.

f150mann
10-22-2007, 07:29 AM
just be like me.. custom wiring harness, have no fuses or connections, evertyhings awesome

bansheemorphine
10-22-2007, 08:06 AM
yah like they said it could be the fuse or one of the two wires going into the fuse broken that had happened to me before

Exrider434
10-22-2007, 10:22 AM
try the fuse. same thing happened to me, the problem is somewhere in the headlights whenever theyre not hooked up i dont have a problem. I hook them up and it blows the fuse.

Benjithx
10-22-2007, 03:58 PM
Thanks for your help guys, I will let you know how it goes

dariusld
10-22-2007, 06:14 PM
I broke the ground from the battery to the frame, off a huge jump, same symptoms.

jesseweaver
10-22-2007, 06:33 PM
same thing happened to me....twice.
first time, my battery all of the sudden stopped holding a charge. id hook it up to the charger and it worked, so i bought a new battery and it was good. same thing happened to me as dariusld then another time, id just hold them together and start it so i couold ride the rest of the day. that worked for the rest of the day.