PDA

View Full Version : way to lower ride height with stockers

boosted3g
10-21-2007, 07:15 PM
I am looking for a way to lower the ride height while using the stock shocks. I was curious if there is a spring replacement available to lower it maybe 1-1.5 inches. I have an 07 with a fresh engine that has a little too much power and all it wants to do is wheelie. Im about 200 lbs and even leaning on the tank it will bring the front end up easily in 3rd gear when it starts to get the revs up. I think that by lowering the suspension will help. I do a little trail riding and i do very jumping. Jumping to me is far different than most of you guys, i get about 3 foot in the air and that is enough for me. Im happy with the power and the acceleration is gear but the front tires are rarly on the ground. This thing puts my 600rr to shame.

EXKid416
10-28-2007, 06:29 PM
You won't really be able to do big jumps, but yes you can lower the stockers. You need to send them to someone that can take them apart and insert a top out spacer inside the shock body, then you cut the spring and collapse it some so it's more progressive. I've done this to drag quads, they end up with about 1.5 inches of travel. However you can set the travel to whereever you want, the shocks gotta come apart though.

10-29-2007, 03:45 AM
for about $750, c&d racing, derisi racing, or gt thunder can revalve all 3 shocks for you style of riding.

EXKid416
10-31-2007, 06:57 AM
Originally posted by speedyquad
for about $750, c&d racing, derisi racing, or gt thunder can revalve all 3 shocks for you style of riding.

holy shyt. i need to start my own buisness that price is just CRAZY. for just a revalve anyway.

TRX450RACER174
10-31-2007, 04:37 PM
Originally posted by speedyquad

That price is revalve/respring and link if applicable for $750.00, setup for you weight and riding style, and thats about average there not making a whole lot of money on those conversions.

zeus54
11-01-2007, 07:46 PM
Originally posted by boosted3g
I am looking for a way to lower the ride height while using the stock shocks. I was curious if there is a spring replacement available to lower it maybe 1-1.5 inches. I have an 07 with a fresh engine that has a little too much power and all it wants to do is wheelie. Im about 200 lbs and even leaning on the tank it will bring the front end up easily in 3rd gear when it starts to get the revs up. I think that by lowering the suspension will help. I do a little trail riding and i do very jumping. Jumping to me is far different than most of you guys, i get about 3 foot in the air and that is enough for me. Im happy with the power and the acceleration is gear but the front tires are rarly on the ground. This thing puts my 600rr to shame.

I GOT TWO WORD FOR YA RATCHET STRAPS!!!!!!! HA-HA:devil:

boosted3g
11-06-2007, 01:04 PM
yeah i have called around and it gets expensive no matter where i go so im just going to put the suspension off for a month and get what i really want. In order for me to ride where i want to be the stock suspension is not going to cut it. It will constantly bottom the stocks out. I am just going to go with new a arms and a full suspension. I may end up fabbing my own a arms with adjustable shock mounts.

TRX450RACER174
11-06-2007, 03:16 PM
You do know that if you fab up your own arms to change the position of the shock it changes the leverage ratio of the shock.

11-06-2007, 03:33 PM
^^^ which means you will need to revalve the shocks for that leverage, but since it is a homemade a-arm...the shock tech won't be able to just revalve them...they would need a lot more than your shocks...

TRX450RACER174
11-06-2007, 06:12 PM
Just do the revalves and buy some arms, I am 230lbs and my bike is not a crazy wheelie machine unless i am in the dunes, ride it somemore and learn how to better feather the clutch, it's your bike do what you want but revalves will lower the ride height and make it launch better and not wheelie like you are talking about.

boosted3g
11-06-2007, 08:22 PM
Rather than revalve im just buying new. I would have to purchase shocks that are rebuildable first so im just going to wait the month and go aftermarket. After talking with c&d i think im going with a no preload set up. Thats seems to fit my riding style best.