PDA

View Full Version : kenda knarlys on 300ex,

honda300EXtreme
10-21-2007, 06:14 PM
any body ever use kenda knarlys on a 300ex, i have seen and ridden a 440ex with them and was very impressed,

so if anyone has any experience let me know

thanks

Sjorge450R
10-21-2007, 06:20 PM
i have them on my R, but I wouldnt even think about putting them on my 300. The klaws are perfect size for the 300. I think the knarlys have too much bite for the 300 motor.

honda300EXtreme
10-21-2007, 06:23 PM
for some reason im not a fan of the klaws,

i love the knarlys, true they may have too much bite for a stock engine, but after my rebuild they should work well, what do you think?

thanks for the quick reply

300exOH
10-21-2007, 10:51 PM
I have the knarly HT's on my 300 and I love em. They do have tons of bite but that's what I wanted for trail riding. They slide very predictably and hook up very well in pretty much any conditions.

honda300EXtreme
10-22-2007, 05:52 PM
thanks for the reply, thats what i wanted to hear!

so they hook up well?

how are they in the mud and in wet grass and stuff?

my buddy has them and i think there a great tire, they last for a LONG time, they slide nice, and they give you all the traction you could want, i think they will work well expecially after i finish my 330 build

thanks again

300exOH
10-22-2007, 10:29 PM
Originally posted by honda300EXtreme
thanks for the reply, thats what i wanted to hear!

so they hook up well?

how are they in the mud and in wet grass and stuff?

my buddy has them and i think there a great tire, they last for a LONG time, they slide nice, and they give you all the traction you could want, i think they will work well expecially after i finish my 330 build

thanks again

They are pretty good in mud as long as it is reasonable for a sport quad...don't expect to get around like a 4x4 ute but they are impressive for a sport tire. As for wet grass...I haven't found a tire that does all that well but they aren't too bad compared to others I've tried. They work surprisingly well in the snow too. Knarlys do seem to last a long time. I haven't had too many miles on these but so far there are no signs of wear. They should be perfect with the 330. My engine is stock other than pipe/filter etc and I can get them to spin when I want with a little throttle and still hook up when I need them to. Great tire IMO.

Sjorge450R
10-27-2007, 08:13 PM
yea I am running the XC's. I am due for another set now tho. They took a whole year of Xc racing (15 races) so i am happy. I will more than likly be riding for Kenda again next year. I will be running the new radial knarly though instead of the biased tire. Heres mine. You can see the Xc's are bigger than the HT's. Just make sure you remember that the XC's are 21x11x9 and not 20's. Even though, they are like the same size as 20" I razr

Sjorge450R
10-27-2007, 08:15 PM
my 300 with the klaws.

honda300EXtreme
10-28-2007, 09:03 AM
thanks for the pics steve,

your 450 is really starting to look good,

yea im almost positive i will be getting the knarly xc's, and the 21 rears will be nice cuse i could use a little more clearance

thanks alot guys

i appreciate the help

-mike