PDA

View Full Version : 295cc Kit

Racing Rice
11-04-2002, 05:15 PM
Does anyone know anything about the a 295cc kit in a 250x?

I dont live to far from Profab ATV, and Im pondering maybe doing this to the 250X. Does anyone know how much faster it will make it?

Kit includes:
Our Custom 330cc Big-Bore Kit (295cc for the 250X)
Jagg Oil Cooler
All Gaskets
All Labor
All Machine Work
Overhaul Cylinder Head with three Angle Valve Job and new Valve Seals
C.D.I. Box REV Mod
Includes all disassembly/reassembly
Ship it to us and you get it back ready to Install !!!!

Theres some details on it. Any thoughts?

eldoexrider01
11-04-2002, 07:12 PM
sounds tyte. if u dont live far from em id go talk to em and maybe u can get a discount if u take em ur motor and pick it up too.

danney f
11-04-2002, 11:56 PM
You could always swap at your crank with a 300ex's crank and than get the kit. It will give you a 330 like it would on a 300ex.
Just a thought.

bman's 02 300ex
11-05-2002, 02:00 AM
i ride with a friend that has a 290 tc racing motor that we r about even draging with my 300 with some mods.and we weigh about the same.but his is about 3yrs old and mine is 9 mo. old.

Racing Rice
11-05-2002, 06:23 AM
Originally posted by danney f
You could always swap at your crank with a 300ex's crank and than get the kit. It will give you a 330 like it would on a 300ex.
Just a thought.

Is the crank the only difference?

Its $895 for the kit with labor (If I take the motor to them). Not counting if they find something else that needs replaced at the time they have the motor apart. They will also do the jetting for free, I just have to pay for the jets. Since I live close, I will save money on shipping. It will just cost a couple bucks for the gas up there. ;)

Im going to ponder this one for a while. A kid that lives in my neighbor hood is wanting to trade his 97 YZ125 (that has just been rebuilt) and some money for my X. I may do that, and buy a 400EX or something like that later. Thats if he actually comes through with the deal.:rolleyes:

Racing Rice
11-05-2002, 08:24 AM
Originally posted by danney f
Just a thought.

I sent an email to the local shop about this. Here is his reply

It sounds good on paper but will not work due to the design of the crankshaft, as it is a lot bigger on the left side to accomodate the one-way clutch assy. For the electric start. Sorry but thats the way it just is.

So that rules that one out.;)