PDA

View Full Version : Click Sound

chiaml
10-21-2007, 04:52 PM
I was working on my brother YFZ and i knew that the battery was low so i threw it on the trickle charger overnight. I went to start it today and all i get is a clicking sound by the solenoid (i think) near the batter (where the fuses are). Is the battery junk? Any ideas. Thanks!

James_yfz17
10-21-2007, 07:19 PM
it is that solenoid. i had the same problem

gncc025
10-21-2007, 10:43 PM
definitely the solenoid.

chiaml
10-28-2007, 12:14 PM
So i swapped the solenoid with a friends who's works. I even got a new battery and i'm still getting the same symptom. I get a click when i hit the start button. Anything else i should be checking. I hate to take it to the stealership.

miles Machine
10-29-2007, 05:53 PM
check your grounds, if there corroded it will do that as well.

YFZ450Ridr
10-29-2007, 08:56 PM
i recently had the same problem just a few days ago, i had a battery that wouldnt hold a very strong charge after charging for 24 hours straight. i would put it in and try to start it and there is a really rapid fast clicking noise, almost sounds like a zapping noise coming from the selanoid region. got my new battery in the mail, charged her up and away i ride:devil:

jabbahoo
11-10-2007, 03:39 PM
I hope this isn't your problem but when my yfz did that my motor was locked up. I would take a screw driver and touch the top two screws real quick on the relay see if it sparks. if so then it's not your relay. Also check fuses. if that still dosen't find the problem pull the tank off and spark plug out, take the flywheel cover off and see if the engine turns(witha rachet) by a hand